Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Bennett Wins Post 2nd at Nelson

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Bennett Wins Post 2nd at Nelson
Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark Bennett wins the National at Nelson with Brian Post finishing second. It is a pleasure being involved in programs with as much success as you two guys.

Bennett, with this win it looks like the division title is all but sewn up! Thanks for choosing Race Engineering for your power.

Congratulations to all sounds like everyone had fun.

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All the overdog '99s must have stayed at home, right Mark? [Wink]

WTG Mr. CenDiv!

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Year : 1991
Icon 6 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just a slight correction; Mark is part of the "GREAT" Lakes Division.

No, I'm not trying to start anything that belongs on the Smack Page. [Smile]

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Mark,Brian and Watts.

I think it was nice to meet Mike Collins? [scratchchin] Just kidding Mike.Good race but sorry you went off in T-12 damn neons.

Good race for Eric Zeldin except for the cartwheel in T-2.I'll give you a score of 10 on that.If I can figure how to post it on line,I will get the footage from my brother's in car cam.

This is how it ended up!

1)Mark Bennett - 1:18.542
2)Brian Post - 1:18.653
3)Dave Watts - 1:18.619
4)Ken Simonson - 1:18.703
5)Bob Kucera - 1:18.748(Damn Honda's) [Big Grin]
6)Phil Mather - 1:19.528
7)Adam Treadway - 1:19.680
8)Ron Kucera - 1:19.614
9)Mike Collins - 1:18.655
10)Dan Harding - 1:20.784

[ 07-30-2007, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: B(Kuch) Kucera 45 ]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B(Kuch) Kucera 45:
I think it was nice to meet Mike Collins? [scratchchin] Just kidding Mike.Good race but sorry you went off in T-12 damn neons.

Details, please?

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was running 4th in SM 6th overall behind two Honda's. The Honda's were really fast in a straight line but hard to get around in the corners. I passed two Miata's to get up to here and had good separation from the next pack of cars. The Honda ducked in to pass a Neon (we were lapping that car for the second time). The Neon gave the corner to the Honda but must have never seen my car tucked under the Honda. The Neon squeezed me two tires off under braking and with the wet grass I went for a ride. I backed it up onto some of the lower tire wall. Thank God for the corner workers. They ran over and pushed me off of the tires so I could continue for the last lap. I finished 9th.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Region: Neohio
Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Olson:
quote:

Details, please?
From what I was told, the damn neon stayed wide going into turn 12 to allow a Honda through. He then shut the door on Mike who was on the rear bumper of said Honda. Mike had to take the grass line to avoid contact, and the brakes do not do well out there. So he gave a brief look at the famous Nelson tire wall and was finally pushed off the one tire by a corner worker.

That neon nearly hit everyone who passed him...which was everyone else on track. [Eek!] My moment was being pinched to the grass on the inside of the carousel.

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Larry, Moe and Curly on the podium... You gotta love that! Congrats guys!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike C:
I was running 4th in SM 6th overall behind two Honda's. The Honda's were really fast in a straight line but hard to get around in the corners. I passed two Miata's to get up to here and had good separation from the next pack of cars. The Honda ducked in to pass a Neon (we were lapping that car for the second time). The Neon gave the corner to the Honda but must have never seen my car tucked under the Honda. The Neon squeezed me two tires off under braking and with the wet grass I went for a ride. I backed it up onto some of the lower tire wall. Thank God for the corner workers. They ran over and pushed me off of the tires so I could continue for the last lap. I finished 9th.

Sorry to hear that Mike. Nice finish considering that you were sitting on top of tire for what probably seemed like an eternity. [Frown]

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

MIATA 17 Verified Driver
2X SMMC Winner

Region: Milwaukee
Car #: 17
Year : 97 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MIATA 17     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Drago:
Larry, Moe and Curly on the podium... You gotta love that! Congrats guys!
Jim

That is hilarious! Great job guys, miss racing with you. Keep up the fun out there.

Tony

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No Mike was kool,I'm just busting his ball's.I think he was behaving because he was out there by himself,no other guy's from Meathead were there! [Big Grin]

Except for the "good separation" he thought he had was only about 1-2 car length's over Simonson and my self.

The only reason I am saying that is I went back to my video to see how big the gap was.

I think I might have gotten around Simonson but I started to smell coolant (water wetter) and noticed my car stared to over heat so I had to limp it the last 4 laps with the heater on! [banghead]

I think it would have bin a lot more fun if the Honda's weren't in the middle of it all.
I think there would have bin a little more action in the front of the pack.

Had a good time out there guy's. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

Just going in circles

Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
I think it would have bin a lot more fun if the Honda's weren't in the middle of it all.
I think there would have bin a little more action in the front of the pack.

Why do you think that I loosened your radiator cap before the start?? [duck]

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh geez...Mark is going to need a bigger helmet.

Tight group there for fast times!

Congrats! [Smile]

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Veteran Member

Dave you wouldn't have done that to me or would you? [scratchchin]

No just got back from the garage.The back heater hose that comes off the back of the block to the heater core had two pin holes in it.

Hey Mike and Dave I thought you guy's and the Honda's were sharing the same bumper's for the race! And for a couple of laps I thought your tow hooks were stuck together,I think they were getting ready to black flag you guy's at any minute. [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

Brian Post Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 63
Year : 92
Icon 7 posted  Profile for Brian Post     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Drago:
Larry, Moe and Curly on the podium... You gotta love that!

I wanna be Curly - he was the short bald one right?

It was a fun race. I still can't catch Bennett, but man I was getting close. I was doing ok until Watts reeled me in and started harassing me during the second half of the race. Good run guys. [thumbsup]

The only downside to the event was that it was on the same weekend as so many other big races. Only a few out of towners made the trip. [Frown]

Bobby T, your motor is a season and a half old and is stronger than ever. You're the man! [yep]

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Post:
Bobby T, your motor is a season and a half old and is stronger than ever. You're the man! [yep]

Just now breaking in? Sounds like a season and a half of sub-par power to me. I'd ask for a refund. [Wink]

Just going in circles

quote:
Hey Mike and Dave I thought you guy's and the Honda's were sharing the same bumper's for the race! [rolling on floor laughin]

I must say that the Hondas played very nice and let us race. On the start, the Honda was pushing me and I was pushing Simonson. Later, I waved the leading Honda by and used him to catch Post. I would barely catch him mid-late corner and then he would tow me down the front and back straights until he broke the draft. Then, after the damn neon brought Mark, Brian, and I back together, he waved me past to see if I could pass Post.

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Post:
I wanna be Curly - he was the short bald one right?

Larry...for the hair and references to the other Larry.  -

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I guess that means that Bennett is Moe.

"Why I otta. . ." -D

Ron Kucera Verified Driver

Region: NeOhio
Car #: #37
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Kucera     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry for the delay on the video and for the bad quality but you get the idea. You will probably need to watch the video a few times to see what happens. Glad your OK Eric.. It was great to meet you.

--------------------
R KUCH
----------------------------------
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure

Ron Kucera Verified Driver

Region: NeOhio
Car #: #37
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Kucera     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry the link got screwed up during editing.

Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0uzwOa1_k4

--------------------
R KUCH
----------------------------------
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm glad I couldn't see much... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Video was bad. Eric was behind one of the Honda's when they checked up and he had to lift. He went off and was on his way back on when his front end hit a big hole in the grass. It dug in and lifted the rear and almost went end over end but rolled over on the right side and slid into the tire wall. He may need a bunch of that grey paint Jim!
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Veteran Member

You have to watch it a couple of times to see it.
It's right at the end of the clip.You have to look at the bottom center of his mirror to see the car.

Hey Jim,did you ever get the car to do cool things like that when you owned it?

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: