Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » BFR National 5/4

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: BFR National 5/4
DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great race between the top 5. Harry and Backus checked out at first, but then Tom Sager, Tom Kraft, and Jared Igou reeled them back in. They seemed to be swapping spots all the time, but it appeared to always be clean.

Congrats to Tom Kraft.

The finishing order from memory:

Kraft
Backus
Manning
Sager
Igou
(Can't remember the rest)

Sorry if I flipped the order on anyone. Wish I was out there mixing it up with everyone.

Dave

jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any details? Lap times? Big field? Missed this one...

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There were 9 cars and Backus turned at least one 23.4 other than that I didn't keep a watch on anyone I just happend to walk by Wheeler late in the race.

--------------------
Dave Cox

backusm Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 94
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Harry and I swapped the lead about 1/3rd of the way through the race. While in the lead I got totally hosed by an AS mustang that hung me out between 4 and 5 and Kraft and Harry went by inside.

Kraft and I got Harry up the front straight with 3 or 4 to go. I had a move or two for Tom on the last lap, but decided the better of it and settled for second.

Good racing, and most of the same crew will be out in two weeks to go at it again.

I went 23.4. I think Kraft went .6, Sager .8 and Harry 24.0.

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congats Tom!
Long time coming! Enjoy!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by backusm:
Harry and I swapped the lead about 1/3rd of the way through the race. While in the lead I got totally hosed by an AS mustang that hung me out between 4 and 5 and Kraft and Harry went by inside.

Kraft and I got Harry up the front straight with 3 or 4 to go. I had a move or two for Tom on the last lap, but decided the better of it and settled for second.

Good racing, and most of the same crew will be out in two weeks to go at it again.

I went 23.4. I think Kraft went .6, Sager .8 and Harry 24.0.

It was a fun race. I was playing the patience game but had some brain fade during a couple laps near the middle of the race. Will blame that on a coating of rust that formed on the driver over the winter. Also had more then my share of traffic problems (although everybody else probably feels the same way). Tom K drove very well and was piloting a rocket out there. We'll have to look for the Nitrous bottle or other oxygen source at the next one. I don't think we saw Harry's best on Sunday. I think he'll have his cape on for the next one and might also correct his alignment problem. His car seemed to pull to the right on the front straight. Jarrod was almost my best friend out there. He gave me some help on the back straightaway, but unfortunately it was at the end of the straight and wasn't that helpful. We'll work on the hand signals for the next one. Backus disagrees with the 1.6 cars getting a weight reduction so he ran with a little extra. He's starting his own movement to equalize the weight of the cars. He calls it P.O.L. (plain old lead). Chapter 2 should be a lot of fun in a couple weeks.

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm sure there was more fun in the seat all tho it was one of the very best races in a long while from T2. [Smile] Looking forward to the next race at the Farm. I'll bet the Coello boys were watching & wishing they still had a car or two. [Wink]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sager:
Chapter 2 should be a lot of fun in a couple weeks.

I'll be there. [Smile]

Congrats Mustache!

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: