Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » RA Cat National

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: RA Cat National
nealspens Verified Driver

Region: Rio Grande
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nealspens   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just wondering who will be at Friday's practice for the July 26/27 "Cat" National at Road America. We'll be towing from Santa Fe, NM and it will be my first time on track (if you exclude the time we took my brothers street car onto the track at 2 am some 25-years-ago. We made it all the way to turn 5 until a security guard caught up to us and informed us that we'd be spending the rest of the night sleeping outside of the track gates). Anyone willing to show me around the course during practice would be greatly appreciated.

Neal Frank
#32 Red 1990

jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Neal,
I will be @ the Friday practice, pitted somewhere along the front straight/pit row. Look for #68 yellow '99 SM. I will try to help you out...

Matt Jensen

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Icon 1 posted  Profile for nealspens   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Matt,

Thanks for the offer...I'll find you on Friday.

Neal

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Neal,
I will be running #6 instead of #68, nothing major, just thought I'd let you know...see you on friday...

Matt

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

mdavis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Southwest
Car #: 45
Year : 1991-sold,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mdavis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought we were gonna win the long distance award. I guess NM trumps TX on that point. Never driven the track either so looking forward to following everyone around.

--------------------
Matthew F. Davis
Texas Region SCCA

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Harry Manning who won at Road America yesterday. He drove his usual mistake-free race leading from start to finish. Top 5 were Manning, Sager, Bednarz, Elder, Jensen. Kraft and Prey were near the front early but both had some mechanical trouble I believe.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mdavis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to Central division folks for a good weekend. Special thanks to Matt Jensen for letting me catch the draft and not getting upset about an "extra" bump in Q1. Great race with him, Justin Elder and "Lucky Taco" (who I tried to track down afterwards).
Dave at Advanced Autosports was very helpful. The guys at BD Auto Body in Plymouth also happen to be VERY racer friendly. However I hope not to have to use their services again.

--------------------
Matthew F. Davis
Texas Region SCCA

I too would like to thank Matt for all his help this weekend. I was lucky enough to paddock with him and he gave me some great advise. His tip on starts at RA helped to propel me past a couple of cars at the start and finished 12th in my first RA event! Between the facility, racers and officials, this track must be on everyone's short list for future visits. I'm already trying to figure out how to convince the family to tow from New Mexico for another two days next year!

miata68

Region: Detroit
Car #: 68
SMIM: ?
Icon 1 posted  Profile for miata68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Harry Manning on the win and Tom Sager for a great drive also in second place!

Road America is a top notch track and the Runoffs will be awesome in 2009! It is worth a tow from Detroit or New Mexico!

My first visit to Road America was to see Peter Gregg win the Trans-Am and Jacky Ickx win the Can-Am in the same weekend. It still has that same excitement today.

--------------------
David Bednarz #68

Sean15

Region: SW
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean15     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris was really pushing for his first national win. We had a good shot at it with the car handling like a dream.

Chris was on the move to the front during the first three laps when our wonderful pro motor [Frown] decided that it needed a bigger crankcase breather in the form of a hole the size of my fist just above the oil pan in #3 cyl.

Oh well it was a fun three laps [Razz]

We'll try again at Autobahn in a few weeks

Matt D., Neal, glad I could help out. It was nice to meet a few new racers. Congrats to Manning on the win, Sager and Bednarz rounding out the top 3. I had an awesome battle with Richards, McQuisten and Elder, swapping spots every lap and almost every corner! SM racing at its best! Can't wait for the next one...

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Harry just keeps getting better with age [Cool]

As I am quickly creeping up on 50, Harry keeps looking younger to me!!!

Congrats to everyone having a great race and getting that leg up for next year....

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

Civic_Sista

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Civic_Sista     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I also had a great time out there this past weekend. Met some new faces too. My car took 1st in SSC, but the second place car had a broken tranny and came in, kinda won by default. Was awesome to go out with Bill on the victory lap and hold the flag out the window.
Anyone know what happened to Brad Richards car? Saw him come in to the paddock early from turn 5.

He was in front of our p4-9 pack when he had a big off in T3 on lap 5 or 6. Not sure if something broke before, during or after the off.

--------------------
Matthew F. Davis
Texas Region SCCA

I was "following" Brad on lap 4/5 and he seemed to have attemped to brake late/deep in T3, tried to turn-in while the fronts were locked. Don't know if he rebounded and came back on or had a mechanical...

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: