Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Carl Mueller National

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Carl Mueller National
Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well, this forum appears to be dead, but in case anyone's watching, thanks to Milwaukee region and everyone in CenDiv for the hospitality last weekend. I had a great time. I'm going to try to post video, it was definitely an exciting race.

Tech was much more than just fuel and weight (again), thanks to Dave and Brian at Advanced Autosports for the impromptu trackside support. Would have taken me 3 times as long to do the same job.

I think I will have the most-teched 1.6 at the Sprints?

P1 - Wiese 1.6
P2 - Manning '99
P3 - Richards 1.6
P4 - Osiecki '99

Fast lap - Manning

Sager was in the mix for the podium in his early 1.8 until he and Manning had a coming together in T3 after I passed Manning for the lead.

Everyone was POG as far as I know.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good job Richie Rich.Would love to see the video.

--------------------
volante

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats on the win Rich! I didn't get a chance to stop by and say Hi.

I was hoping to stay with you in Q1 and learn something, but I ended up getting shuffled back in traffic.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Rich Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks guys

Dave, I was trying not to get in your way in Q1! I had forgotten a lot of the little tricks and it took me about 6 laps to remember them all, I felt bad being ahead of you and making goofy moves and then you got cocked up by traffic. I cranked off a few good ones after that.

Right now the file is about 3.5 GB. I don't have video editing software yet but I'll probably just upload it raw. I wonder if specmiatavideos is still accepting new footage.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Very good job Rich. You were fast all weekend and did a better job of staying on the track than Steve Scheifler and I did.

Our cars were getting very loose in the later stages of the race. Not sure if it was track conditions or the new tires, but I have a hunch.

I look forward to unwinding the steering wheel a bit at Road America.

Rich Verified Driver

Staying on the track turned out to be a key factor. [Smile] I had trouble with that last year...

My car was getting looosey goosey toward the end but it didn't go off nearly as bad as Harry's did. He was catching some big slides. Didn't appear to help that his car breaks away pretty abruptly riding as low as it does. I suspect my finishing at 2,287 pounds had something to do with the car staying under me. [Eek!]

Road America will give us time to drink a cup of coffee and read a newspaper compared to how busy BHF is.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Civic_Sista

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Civic_Sista     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just want to apologize again for my slowness, running on 3 cylinders is no fun. I needed to get in my points and after the long weekend I deserved the track time just as much as anyone else. I tried to stay out of the way as much as possible.
Thank you all for not booting me off track. What an eventful weekend. Congrats again Rich.
See you all at the Sprints

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rich, Awesome drive last weekend. I have really enjoyed watching you, you are a spectacular driver.I had a good run as well finishing fifth in what I call a steller field of spec miata drivers. I'm really shooting for the National runoffs this year, hope to make it. See you all at the JUne Sprints

JRandall

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 89
Year : 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JRandall   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good job Rich!

See you this weekend at MAM. Should be in the green and back 89 this time...

--------------------
James Randall
SM 89

Rich Verified Driver

I was going over the car on Monday and I was trying to figure out how many heat cycles I had on the tires that I raced on. All my marks were rubbed off! I was scratching my head over this for a while because I never touched wheels or donut-ed anybody during the race, and I *know* I was marking the tires. I think the curbing rubbed my marks off! [Eek!] I'm thinking the tires are flexed over the rim far enough on corner exit that when you bump over one of those nasty exit curbs the sidewall actually hits the curb for a split second. [Eek!]

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: