Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » RA regional results

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: RA regional results
jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any news from the guys that ran @ RA this last weekend?

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mat we ran very well, sat on the pole three out of four races. Was leading smt by 13 secs. before lost breaks then full course caution lined everybody up and ended up 5th. In the sm race pole and took first. Sun smt pole and was leading by 3 secs before i lost breaks again ( adjustment screw in rear caliper broke) was running last and came back to finish 9th. SM race started 5th and trying to bed in new breaks(they were not fully bed in of course) and couldn't even get over 100mph in the kink, but still battled and had the leader that were running in 3 car draft catching at about a half second a lap but finished 5th. Overall shaved 4 seconds off my previous fast lap. I really got a good feel for the car now. Hope to see you at the sprints. O-Dog Racing #9 SM.

jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerret,
Congrats on the win and poles, you've really stepped it up. I personally thought your determination and your past race experience would pay off. What is your overall thoughts on tire psi/set up comparred to last years RA races on RA1s.

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Matt, I think the tires are decent. Pressures are close to the RA1 but that is for me, everybody else is running alot different than me, and I have no idea what is really correct. I know Sager had said that the R-888 are about a half to 1 sec off the ra-1. Personally I feel more grip than the ra1, but we didn't have enough time in the ra1 to learn what the limits were. Sorry I can't be of more help, but we are running close to what Advance guys are running. We actually are still fine tuning chassis a little at a time. Hope to shave at least another sec to compete with Drago and weise. They seem to have the tires figured out. See you at the sprints

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Advanced team did pretty good.

Saturday, ITA: 1-Burdzy, 2- Brown
Saturday SMT: 1- Abernathy, 2- Nussbaum
Saturday SM: 3-Burdzy, 4 Abernathey, 5-Girgenti, 6-Nussbaum (Burdzy led starting the last lap)

Sunday, ITA: 1-Burdzy, 2-Brown
Sunday SMT: 3-Nussbaum, 4-Roberts, 5-Andersen, 6-Kupets
Sunday SM: 1-Burdzy, 2 Brown, 4 Abernathy

Fastest qualifying lap of the weekend for a Spec Miata in any class: Tom Brown for Sundays SM race 2:47.6 in my rental #95

Fastest race lap of any Spec Miata in any class: Marc Abernathy in Sundays SM race 2:47.9 in my rental #85

Typical Road America, hard on drivetrains and fenders!!!!!

We are running R888 at 42-45 psi hot.

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: