Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Gloves and Boots

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Gloves and Boots
Martin Wiedenhoeft Verified Driver

Region: Milwaukee
Car #: 99
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Martin Wiedenhoeft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can anyone tell me what's required by SCCA as far as gloves and boots are concerned?

The GCR states must be made of leather and/or fire retardant material. I don't see anything that states they have to be certified.

Reason I'm asking is my wife wants to start racing and it's almost impossible to find boots and gloves in her size that are certified. About the only thing that fits are Kart stuff which of course isn't.

Thanks,

--------------------
Trakmnky

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have seen people wear leather shoes. I have never seen just leather gloves.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gloves and shoes do not have to be certified. I have raced with leather gloves. They were military flight gloves.
What, you can't find nomex stuff large enough for her?

Wreckerboy Verified Driver

Region: WDC
Car #: SSM 53 "Lola"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Wreckerboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think the problem is that he can't find stuff SMALL enough for her, based upon the kart reference (that and being married to a woman who has to shop in the kids section of the store to buy shoes. Makes it a bitch to buy heels as they don't make those things for ten year olds....)

--------------------
Rob Myles
Hero To The Momentum Impaired

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rob,
It is a shame that I would have to put a smiley face on that post, to let everyone know I was joking. Ah, well.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My wife has the world's smallest adult hands and feet. We got her RaceQuip children's boots and a pair of RaceQuip XX small children's gloves. They fit her like a . . . (you know the rest) [Wink]

Denny

http://www.racequip.com/ (no commercial interest)

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did Rob just say that he's married to a ten year old?! [rolling on floor laughin] (Just so you all know that I'm poking fun [Wink] )

Martin Wiedenhoeft Verified Driver

Region: Milwaukee
Car #: 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Martin Wiedenhoeft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey thanks for all the suggestions! Saferacer had a couple of posibilities as well. I'd like to stick with something fire resistant /certified if I can. Hopefully we'll be able to make something work.

I wasn't to happy to find out that OMP's womens suit fit perfect in the smallest size. That thing costs almost 3x what I paid for mine!

And yes she's on the really small side mostly due to being asian. Doesn't let it stop her though she helps me with all the maintenance on the car.

--------------------
Trakmnky

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: