Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Just an introduction

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Just an introduction
Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi everyone,

I've been hanging out on the website for a few months now, when I decided to purchase a SM car. Been trying to glean off all the knowledge I can, but sorta stay in the background until I actually took possession of the car...which happened this week. I'm never quite sure how to introduce myself on these lists without sounding like a dork, but...I'll give it a shot.

With that in mind, I would like to say hi! I'm Tracy Ramsey, and letting you all know to look for a new car next year in the Cendiv/Chicago Region area races. I have some national karting experience, some regional late model stock car experience, and for the last 6 years, I have been autocrossing in MR2 Spyders, of various preparation levels...Stock class, and D Prepared.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at Blackhawk, RA, and where ever else I may end up going. I'm planning on taking the 2010 driving school at Blackhawk (SCCA) and getting going.

Tracy Ramsey

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tracy, don't worry... there plenty of dorks around here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Welcome to SM Tracy. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tracy, The number one rule I have found is that the guys who come acoss on the bulletin board as a group of Hitler Youth Rules and Tech Nazis are generally great gys with common sense when they get to the track. Most will help you with any problem.
Then there is "Juan Pablo" Drago, they think he is Heinrich Mimmler over on the IT board! [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Welcome Tracy,
I'm too far away to care but with the "guys" comment, I thought I'd ask.

Man or woman?
J~

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sadly, my grandmother wanted me to have a good Irish name...

Tracy's a boy...

Tracy Ramsey

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Black Sweeper Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: CFR
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Black Sweeper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Welcome, I remimber you from SpderChat. I autocrossed my MR2 Spyder for three years winning Local Championship each year (CSP Class.
Road racing is a whole nother ball game. Doing it for five years now, final got to where I can see the guys in front.

Feel free to contact me if you have any neebee questions.
Jerry

--------------------
CFR/SeDIV SM # 8

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tracy:
Welcome to the SM collective!
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Zauskycop:
Hi everyone,

I've been hanging out on the website for a few months now, when I decided to purchase a SM car. Been trying to glean off all the knowledge I can, but sorta stay in the background until I actually took possession of the car...which happened this week. I'm never quite sure how to introduce myself on these lists without sounding like a dork, but...I'll give it a shot.

With that in mind, I would like to say hi! I'm Tracy Ramsey, and letting you all know to look for a new car next year in the Cendiv/Chicago Region area races. I have some national karting experience, some regional late model stock car experience, and for the last 6 years, I have been autocrossing in MR2 Spyders, of various preparation levels...Stock class, and D Prepared.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at Blackhawk, RA, and where ever else I may end up going. I'm planning on taking the 2010 driving school at Blackhawk (SCCA) and getting going.

Tracy Ramsey

Welcome Pikachu II to the fold. I look forward to savagely kicking your ass in W2W as bad as you did to me when I was in AutoX [Smile]

-Blake

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

Game on? haha

Tracy Ramsey

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Youse Chakago guyz are tough. I'll bet neider of youse put catcup on yer brat.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Welcome Tracy. I have been racing sm for two years now. Just got done with the national runoffs in september. Started 23 was runnig 16 when made rookie mistake and took myself out but did come back and finish 23. I was the highest finshing cen div qualifier with a lot of luck. Some of the others got caught in agricultural racing and some just missed on setup. Look forward to racing you. My car is the orange(yellow) #9. Any questions or in need of help let us know. My crew chief is a brain. And remember to have fun.

Good to meet everyone! I will try to say hi out at the track. Heading to Gingerman this weekend for their last open track weekend, though I'm only running Sunday....just to get a feel for the car before school in Spring.

Tracy Ramsey

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

TJAndriesen

Region: NNJ
Car #: 43
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TJAndriesen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Tracy,

I just move to the central region from N New Jersey where I started racing this year. You'll enjoy the SM community - great bunch of guys and seriously helpful with anything you need. Having made damm near every rookie mistake last year I'm happy to help you avoid them. Look me up at the races.
Tim

--------------------
TJ Andriesen
Barrington, IL
#43 SM/ITA (SCCA & MC)

Thanks TJ...I will find you if I can!!

Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: