Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Jack Pine Sprints Quad Regional Races at BIR

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Jack Pine Sprints Quad Regional Races at BIR
space

Region: land o lakes
Car #: 35
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for space   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The registration for the Jack Pine Sprints is now open!

Whether you are a driver or a worker you can sign up for the first club race in 10 long years.

Go to: http://tinyurl.com/BIRRegister

If you have any questions please call Race Chair Kathy Gillen at 763-241-8010.

See you at the track!

This is a 4 race weekend, and the track is open on Friday for a test and tune. More info at http://www.scca-lol.org The track now runs its own loop on the club course. No longer down the drag strip. Don't worry turns 1 and 2 are still a blast, turn 1 is slightly slower now, turn 2 is at the same speed it was before. The club course also offers some great passing areas....should be a blast!

Oh yeah, you can run a second class for the weekend (SMT) for just $120 more.

AND...they will be running muscle cars down the drag strip at the same time we're racing on the club course....should be lots of spectators!

Contact Kathy Gillen at 763-241-8010 for race info or questions. If you have questions on how the track is for a spec miata, or have other questions you can also contact me, Dan Corgard at 612-741-3668.

SpecCanuck

Region: 18 Land of Lakes
Car #: 007
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SpecCanuck   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Finally a Spec Miata meet within a 1000 Kilometers of home!

Plus 5 Miatas entered already.

space

Icon 1 posted  Profile for space   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is a link for the Test and Tune on Friday. http://birperformance.com/viewpage.aspx?ID=171

We hope to see as many of the miatas as possible. So far we have 13 and need more. Registration has been extended to the 29th.

Hope to see you all there!

Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a great racing weekend and a really fun, and challenging track. Just wish the "drag racing crowd" had toned down the partying a bit...it was hard to sleep with fireworks going off at 4 am and your tent being used as one end of an oval track [Frown] .

Overall a fun event though. Good meeting everyone!

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

True that Tracy. I have never seen such an hillbilly event in my life and i used to race dirt. But overall it was a blast learning a new track racing great competitors. They really need to change where the start should be though. To dangerous and lots of wrecked cars this weekend. My rear suspension is pretty messed up now. Oh well thats racin'.

Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to hear that Jerret...hope you get that straightened out before RA. I'm not sure starting it after turn 13 would have been any better, as it would have been a 3 wide drag race to 110 before massive braking! Tough track to find a good start...

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

space

The event did have some interesting people running around from the drag racing.....all you can do is smile and be glad it isn't you sitting on the table, on the overloaded trailer being pulled by the lawn mower, by the guy with the mowhawk, after consuming waaayyyy too much and forgetting sunblock all weekend......

As for the starting line, it's ok, could be better could be worse. Definately agree that we don't want 3 wide going through 2 and into 3 at 110-120.

Big big thanks to everyone for making the trip up. Please send me a PM on what you liked or would changed for next time.

Greg Blaser

Region: Milwaukee
Car #: 83
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Blaser   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I finally got around to putting together some video from the last race. Jerret, you might find it interesting. Tracy, you were long gone at this point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8l1GWYmtec

The biggest problem for me with the starts was not being able to see the flag. One of the SMT races was called off and I had no way of knowing until I saw the double yellows at turn 2.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: