Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Help in Richmond, VA?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Help in Richmond, VA?
ChrisA

Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ChrisA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone in the Richmond area (I'm in the West End) willing to help diagnose an ignition/fueling problem I'm having buy doing an ECU swap? Car is '99 a track, which is having a high rpm "bucking" issue that is proving difficult to diagnose. I've replaced the usual culprits: Crank Position sensor, Cam Angle sensor and Coil packs. No luck. The Throttle Position sensor looks linear, but I check resistance not voltage like you are supposed to. The car is not throwing codes, accept emission stuff that is unrelated. Some folks have said they also had this problem and had to replace the entire engine harness to correct it, but still didn't know what area was causing the problem. Since replacing that is a major pain, I would love to test another ECU so I can verify that it is not the issue first. If you can help out that would be great! This would be a weekend thing, just not worth messing with after work.

--------------------
Chris

"Nothing can be simple. Everything's got to be a pain in the ass." - C. Adams

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did you try a new fuel filter or pump?

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

ChrisA

Icon 1 posted  Profile for ChrisA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by soupy:
Did you try a new fuel filter or pump?

Put a new fuel filter in at the beginning of the season. Have a new "used" fuel pump but didn't have it with at the Glen or I would have tried it. Though the pump seemed to flow well when emptying the tank and the bucking did not occur at WOT.

--------------------
Chris

Ken Wilkinson Verified Driver

Car #: 228
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken Wilkinson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a donor 99 with the ecu still in it and you are welcome to pull it and test.
I am in Midlothian.

--------------------
Ken

ChrisA

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Wilkinson:
I have a donor 99 with the ecu still in it and you are welcome to pull it and test.
I am in Midlothian.

That's awesome Ken. Thanks! The car is currently at a shop trying to diagnose the issue on the Dyno. This morning they had no luck in it doing it, which figures... But they were supposed try again. Haven't heard anything yet. If they don't produce anything I let you know.

Chris

--------------------
Chris

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: