Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » SPA Fire System Insall Question...

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SPA Fire System Insall Question...
Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I see from the search function that several have installed the SPA 4 litre mechanical system this summer. Must have been a sale!

I got mine two weeks ago and installed the bottle on the passenger floor. Also installed the drivers pull handle onto the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. So far so good.

Now I am running the nozzles and supply lines.
Is there an easy way through the firewall into the engine compartment? I see several holes in the passenger footwell that are plugged with rubber but none seems to be a straight shot through the firewall. How did you guys get the suppressant lines into the engine compartment? I do not have a lift so undercar access is limited.

Pictures would be a plus!

Thanks

Jay Flath

Region: North East
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Flath     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think the easiest way would be to go through 1 of the 2 holes for where the ac system was.

Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where are those?

Kyle Burkhardt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Burkhardt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mine (99) are located on the pass side pretty high up.

--------------------
Kyle Burkhardt
NASA Midwest
#12 SM

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's where I went through with my line too...passenger footwell. I added two big band clamps that penetrate the floor and wrap around the frame rail because the bottle mounting straps don't look like they'd do the job in a big hit.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: