Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Junk yard items

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Junk yard items
omg

Region: washington
Year : 1990 sm 1990 ssm 2007 MX5 Cup
Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Local junk yard just received an 1992 Miata, must be suspension damage engine compartment looks ok.

What items would you take off this car?

Thanks

Ralliboy Verified Driver
Rock Star

Region: WDC/ Houston
Car #: 33
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ralliboy   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you have a place to store, get the whole car. Otherwise, straight body panels would be great. Side mirrors, bumpers, rear finish panel, tail lights and other lenses is a must.
Just think of things that you need to replace when someone rubs up against you.

--------------------
Randy Ramos

http://WWW.MeatheadRacing.com

Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just did the same thing. I have a 94 and bought a 95 w salvage title (blown airbags and light right side damage) for $900 of Craigslist. Buy the whole car if you can. You will be amazed at the amount of stuff you can use for yourself or sell to reduce the cost of your purchase.

Raliboys suggestions are good. The hood and trunk lid are easy to remove. In addition the entire drivetrain is good on my parts car (already installed the tranny) to be used or sold. Suspension parts are subject to damage when
venturing off track (tie rods). Two hubs for emergency track day spares.

I am going to sell as much of the interior as I can (leather seats, steering wheel, glove box door etc.) the spare tire, diff (4.1), AC system, power steering pump and so on. Already sold the conv. top and frame for $250.

In the mean time you will have almost every spare connector, hose, wire loom, electrical stuff (ECU), brake lines, bumper and body panel supports you could possibly need . Engine peripherals (alternator, starter, coil packs, crank angle sensor, AFM/MAF, throttle body, downpipe) are also a plus.

Sorry for the long post. These are just things off the top of my head. There are certainly many more. If you have cheap storage go for it.
Regards

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: