Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Springfield dyno radiator 99 install

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Springfield dyno radiator 99 install
George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone have the installation instructions for the "99" Springfield Dyno Radiator? I tried to install my new piece in the stock location and it appears too tall. I went to the web site and can't get the instructions to download without an error. Any help would be great.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Second question, does the 99 radiator come with a different set of bottom brackets. If so that appears to be my issue.

Thanks,
George Munson

cnj

Region: SW Division
Car #: 32
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cnj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George,

I have had 2 SD 99 radiators on my 99. Each time we have had to modify either the radiator (drill new holes or widen holes in top plate) or modify the existing brackets (drill new holes) to make it fit. I don't know why the radiators were different and I don't know why they did not fit out of the box. I can't say what differences there may be between a 90 (which you have?) and a 99.

There are no instructions available to my knowledge and no brackets come with the radiators. Expect to modify existing. Also note that SD recommend, as do others, that you electrically isolate the radiator which requires an electrical isolator under the top plate and bushings to be fabricated or purchased for use at the mounting locations. No doubt this would be helpful for SD to supply, even at an additional charge, but they do not offer this to my knowledge.

Hope this helps.

Craig J.

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George, there are a set of aluminum brackets that replace the factory lower mounts and they are a different shape/size. They are basically an L shaped shiny aluminum piece. IIRC you might need to pull the rubber mounting bushings at the bottom and swap them.

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

george
Their are brackets, give me a call, I will walk you threw it
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quote: that you electrically isolate the radiator which requires an electrical isolator under the top plate and bushings to be fabricated or purchased for use at the mounting locations. No doubt this would be helpful for SD to supply, even at an additional charge, but they do not offer this to my knowledge.

It won't help.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Thanks Guys, for responding. It looks like I'll need to contact Springfield Dyno as my box contained only the radiator. I'll get the brackets in hand before I go any farther.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: