» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Bad Noise

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Bad Noise
Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a very good test day yesterday, right up until I went backward into a tire wall.

Very little apparent damage. The only thing of note was a bent exhaust which was hitting the place where the differential bolts onto the half-shaft.

I unbent the exhaust, so it doesn't hit the half shaft any more, but there's now a grinding/soft clicking noise from the same vicinity. I need to either fix it or withdraw before I go on track in 2.5 hours.

Any ideas what it is?

Thanks.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark,
Exhaust hitting the lap belt bolt that sticks out into the transmission tunnel? With the car running, pull on the exhaust and you should be able to get it to go away temporarily if it is. If not I'll be there in about an hour and I'll bring my stethescope for better diagnosis of where it's coming from.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rearend housing broke?

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: