Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » Cabin Fever coming soon, want the cure!?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Cabin Fever coming soon, want the cure!?
fastoldman Verified Driver

Region: NE Region
Car #: #51
Year : 1992
Icon 6 posted  Profile for fastoldman   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

For 10 years we have invited gearheads from around the World to go to racing school with us,and this year we have a custom program for 24 at Sebring, Florida. We will be running the Panoz GTRA cars during the day, and commandeering the bar at the Chateau Elan in the evening,ha.Unlike their normal school, we will have the full 3.7 mile track for all three days, and we will have some unique exercises not normally in the program.
We go through www.racingschools.com for the reservations, and the 3 day school is only $2995. Rates at the Hotel ( right at the track ) are only $79.95 - down from High Season rates of $109.

Call or email me if you have any questions, but we guarantee you a phenomenal time. You can also get your Regional License , if you don't already have one, and the seat time is much greater than normal.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep
1-800-889-1893
billpemberton@woodhouse.com

skl

Region: DMVR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What are the dates Bill?

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bill,
As fun as that sounds and as much as I need the practice I think I will just put a new motor and a few other things in the Miata.That should clean my lap times up a bit,don't ya think,well don't ya punk!
Can't wait till next year.

--------------------
volante

Steve Johnson Verified Driver

Region: KC Region
Car #: 41
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Dave, you could put a V8 in that car and your still going to suck!

--------------------
Stephen Johnson
#41 Mid-Div

Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are you ready to ruuuuummmmbbbblllle!

LET the winter smack talk start now

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was thinking maybe I'd go buy a new rear window for my hardtop.

Wait, mine isn't broken.....

Maybe I'll just make my heap into a real racecar for next year. I'm thinking a decent clutch and a real limited slip, plus maybe a bit of dyno tuning, should be a good start.

Screw the paintjob. I don't have any "fixit" notes in MY logbook!

Volante, I'm sure you'll be happy to know the expenses above are approved. We pick up the new bedroom set tomorrow night or Wednesday....

Jarrod

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

apexL8 Verified Driver
underfunded and overdriven

Region: MiDiv
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for apexL8     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NO! you guys can't get faster.......i was just starting to catch up. [Frown]

--------------------
Travis Nordwald
#38 Red - powered by VISA
Kansas City Region

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If I were you guys, I would just take the winter off and just park the car and just roll it out at the first race here in Memphis. I'm sure it will be fine. hehe
No big plans other than working on taking the hard pounds out of my car, those being on my backside. I have a fender or two to change as well after the ARRC. Those tire walls really scratch your paint up good, even at a few miles an hour! Slow lapped RX7's don't do to good on fenders either. Hopefully losing some weight and some better driving next year will move me up a bit. Hopefully I can make some of our other events other than Gateway and Memphis. I didn't even get double points in Memphis b/c I don't race in division enough. It is a little rough being on the edge of the division and having so many really nice track in the SE division. I want to try and get to Hallett this year if possible.
Have a good T-day to all.
Jim

[ 11-22-2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Jim Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

apexL8 Verified Driver
underfunded and overdriven

Region: MiDiv
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for apexL8     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hopefully next year i'll learn to use exclamation points as effectively as you jim!

[duck]

--------------------
Travis Nordwald
#38 Red - powered by VISA
Kansas City Region

fastoldman Verified Driver

Region: NE Region
Car #: #51
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastoldman   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The dates are January 25-27 and at my age ( and Woodhouse's ) we get kinda rusty sitting on our bums in the Winter. This is a great school, and things are done a little more aggressively for our group, so we all have a ton of fun. Dave, if Ryan really kicks your butt ,just remember you were invited to go too. He went two years ago, and has been saving to go again, as the fine tuning does help in our little ,competitive class.

PS - the parties closing down the bar, also help me try and keep up with Johnson, though I am not quite up to his professional level in that area.

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Travis
What in the heck are you talking about? I only see one exclamation in my last post. hehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: