Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » What about Hastings?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: What about Hastings?
bpanther Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA - Rocky Mountain
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What about Hastings?

http://www.racemph.com

For those that haven't made it this is a fantastic track. Brand new pavement, ample runoff, "pucker" turns, 50A hookups, HOT& Clean showers. It's just a bit west of Omaha off I80.

NASA will be there in 3 weeks on August 25/26. Normal NASA combination of racing, hpde and time trials. Several SM's are entered now, but I know they want more competition.

SCCA will be there in September/October??

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

skl

Region: DMVR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can't quite figure out their schedule- what is SCCA CONE's in September? Is that a SCCA race weekend? Which region is putting it on?

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Colorado and Nebraska regions (CO and NE) are working together to put on the SCCA event in September at Hastings.

It's a double-regional club racing weekend. I think it's sanctioned at Midiv, but I'm not 100% sure.

Jarrod

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CONE - CO and NE .... now it makes sense. I was thinking it was an autocross, but that didn't add up. Duh.

There are people coming out to the NASA event in order to learn the track for the SCCA event and get the competitive edge. There are some turns at Hastings that you *must* figure out how to take nearly flat in order to go fast in an SM. At the end of a 3 day weekend last year all of us in SMs were still picking up significant time each time we went out.

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anybody know of a rental for that NASA weekend?

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

skl

Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Might be fun to try out a different track- about the same distance for me as HPT- and Nebraska is such a fun state to drive across...aside from that it may be a good weekend to finish up the racing season.

(Bet there is a ton of elevation change!)

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

quote:
Originally posted by IPRESS:
Anybody know of a rental for that NASA weekend?

How about a 944Spec car? I know there will be an extra one.

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

Man, what a great weekend. [thumbsup]

Our 2 SM cars finihed .145 seconds apart door to door on Sunday's race.

This is a great SM track - why did we only have 2 SM's entered? Why does SCCA have zero SM's entered for 2 weeks from now?

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

skl

Was going to try and make it but I have another obligation that weekend unfortunately. Plan on going there at least once next year. Always fun to try a new track... only about 1/2 hour further away than HPT from our house.

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How did this race go?

Results?

Thanks,

Z-Man

Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think most all the SMs were from Denver area. The track was a miata type track 14 turns in about 2 miles. Very busy. Cris Albin and I were talking about being sore from all the steering input. Nice people and a very good small bore track. For me a long but fairly easy (flat) tow.

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas

Steve Johnson Verified Driver

Region: KC Region
Car #: 41
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mac, your old. If it was a small bore track, you should have done great...from what the ladies in Teaxs tell me.

What day you commin to Holy Topeka so we can got drinkin?

--------------------
Stephen Johnson
#41 Mid-Div

TKraft Verified Driver

Region: DMV /GtRv
Car #: 42&46
Year : 91,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TKraft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Johnson:
Mac, your old. If it was a small bore track, you should have done great...from what the ladies in Teaxs tell me.

What day you commin to Holy Topeka so we can got drinkin?

TKraft Verified Driver

Region: DMV /GtRv
Car #: 42&46
Year : 91,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TKraft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

From your typing it already looks like you started drinking [tipsy]

Sidewalk,
I am not sure if I will make Topeka this time. My wife has something planned and with two more long road trips (StL & ARRC) planned, I have probably used all my get out of jail free cards. Just go ahead and take my share of the drinks and ballet dances.
Kraft is right....you type like Otis of Maberry!

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: