Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Back Fire » We complain about the rising cost of staying at the front end of SM, BUT

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: We complain about the rising cost of staying at the front end of SM, BUT
Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All I can say is WOW

If you are an engineer, a techie, a race nut, a gear head, then you are gonna love this video

Red Bull Racing Factory Tour

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ya know, I was just commenting to my wife while watching the last GP, does Red Bull sell THAT much product to support F1, NASCAR, motorcycles, airplanes, and God knows what else? I've never tried it myself, but they must sell a shizload.

JST #16 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Detroit
Car #: GLD. # 16
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JST #16     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've never tried it, either, but a friend did and described it as "carbonated sweat". Did not inspire me to run out and buy some.

--------------------
Jeff Thompson
SM #16 - Detroit Region
Great Lake Division

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
Ya know, I was just commenting to my wife while watching the last GP, does Red Bull sell THAT much product to support F1, NASCAR, motorcycles, airplanes, and God knows what else? I've never tried it myself, but they must sell a shizload.

$4.5 Billion in sales (2009), now entering Africa and Indian markets, will be at $6 Billion by next year ...
Dieter M is an absolute marketing genius, started the company with $500K, he is now worth $5B.
note: their 2010 worldwide advert & marketing budget is a cool $600 Million, that's per year, F-1 consumes over a third of that.
Tried that stuff once, it tasted like gator piss.
Amazing what you can sell to young folks around the world ...
[Roll Eyes]

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The stuff is gross. Concentrated Lik-m-aid.
The wife loves it.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The stuff is fantastic. Has gotten me through more finals, all nighters at work, and party weekends than I can remember. Also works for 12 hour enduros.

-young folk

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I (heart) Red Bull! I would be a great promoter for them... I would run a Red Bull wrap on my car if they would pay for it. [Smile]

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
I would run a Red Bull wrap on my car if they would pay for it.
Send them a proposal - ya never know.

I have no personal experience with 'gator piss' either. [Razz]

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Vick:
The stuff is fantastic. Has gotten me through more finals, all nighters at work, and party weekends than I can remember. Also works for 12 hour enduros.-young folk

We just used diet pills.

Maybe you should drink two of those next time we run together. [Wink]

If you wrap half your car with Red Bull and half with Sheetz what would you end up with?

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

oem steve

Region: South East
Car #: #92
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for oem steve     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Muda:
quote:
The stuff is fantastic. Has gotten me through more finals, all nighters at work, and party weekends than I can remember. Also works for 12 hour enduros.-young folk

We just used diet pills.

If you wrap half your car with Red Bull and half with Sheetz what would you end up with?

thats too funny

--------------------
email: standrewsexpress@bellsouth.net
visit us at http://www.standrewsexpress.com

Under powered and under driven

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny; was going to say it "tastes like Alpaca piss" ... you have tasted that huh?
OK, youngins' all love Red Bull, old farts won't touch it.

Getting back to Steyn's post, after seeing that video, i thought about the failed USGP outfit. Their 'factory tour' video showed two desk top computers, one lathe, three brooms, a wicked cool bookshelf and a bunch of assorted hand tools
[Roll Eyes]
my uncle fester has a better turned out race shop than those cats. They did have two ex Brawn F1 race transporters though, even though they didn't actually build any cars to put in them.
[duck]

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

We just used diet pills.

You can't mix diet pills and vodka, or diet pills and jaeger. Well not unless you're in a sorority anyway.

I usually drink one before getting in the car, just saying.

half red bull, half sheetz........don't know how long my stomach would be full for, but if they want to pay for some races and tires, i'm ok with that.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Jeremy Pike

Region: SFR
Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not many companies that big are owned by ONE guy, if any. He's rich beatch! It's kinda easy to spend money where you want without answering to stockholders.

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think it tastes like vitaminy tonic water. So with vodka it's similar to a vodka tonic. I prefer a bombay saphire tonic but if I go out and I'm tired after work or a hard workout, I'll have a couple of RBVs.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

We just used diet pills.

Take your pick? Red Sheetz or Bull Sheetz?
Neither of which would make for particularly appealing graphics on a Miata. [Wink]
Someone either needs Preparation H or a big shovel!

Okay, off to bed with me on that one...
L8R

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: