Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » CrossWeight Doesn't Change

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: CrossWeight Doesn't Change
luckymiata76

Region: South Bend
Car #: 76
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for luckymiata76     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Put the car on the trailer after Runoffs. Got it out a few weeks ago, drove a few hundred feet. Put car back on trailer, got it out of trailer today to check the corner-wieghts.

Started with a cross weight of 48.0%. Followed JD's set up guide just like I've done before. Moved each of the perches 2 full turns(In increments of 1/2 turns) as directed and cross weight never got above 48.3%. This can't be right.

Sway bars are disconnected, tire pressures set to hot psi, rolled car off pads, jacked up car, moved perches, lowered car, bounced each corner, rolled car back on scales.

Am I missing something? Is something binding?

Thanks.
Jeff

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

Andy Bettencourt Verified Driver
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Region: NER
Car #: 09 ITA
Year : 90, 91, 94 Rentals
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Bettencourt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You moved all 4 perches by the exact same amount and expected the cross weights to change?

Same direction or different directions?

--------------------
Andy Bettencourt
Flatout Motorsports
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Region: Oregon
Car #: 00
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff,

If you are turning all 4 perches in the same direction you will not see much change. If you are raising LR/RF 2 turns and lowering RR/LF 2 turns you should see the cross change to over 50% if you started out at 48%

Tom

luckymiata76

Icon 1 posted  Profile for luckymiata76     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

"Thought" I followed JD's guide for moving perches in opposite directions on opposite corners. It was late. I'll take a deep breath and try again today.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

NER88 Verified Driver

Region: ner
Car #: 88
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NER88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did you change the scales to read front to rear or left to right?
I've done that before!

--------------------
Jerry

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like you have the wires going to the scale pads reversed.

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ditto on the front to rear/left to right.Check that first

--------------------
volante

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by davew:
Sounds like you have the wires going to the scale pads reversed.

THIS. I'm not going to tell you how many hours of frustration this one has caused...

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

luckymiata76

Yep, I am an idiot. Right front wire was switched with right rear. I can't thank you guys enough for your insight. Fortunately, I only wasted 3 hours of my life yesterday and didn't even swear once. My wife of 22 years sensed something was wrong as I stomped out of the garage and straight into bed last night without saying a word.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: