Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » May 29-31 - SCCA Pacific Raceway - roll call (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: May 29-31 - SCCA Pacific Raceway - roll call
Jim Venable

Region: NW
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Venable     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Mike. I like it. "Nice Guy Jim". From now on I'll go with the new moniker. Considering I hope to be back in the saddle next year after a twenty-five plus year lay off it fits me well.

Enjoy,
Nice Guy Jim

Team Cochran Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Member For Rent

Region: Oregon
Car #: 80
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Team Cochran     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in for the Quad race weekend... both nationals and both regionals. We should ask for split start again in the Regional races. Lookin' forward to seeing you guys up there and being back at my favorite track!

Talked to Wetter today and he's in too...

--------------------
Geoff
SM 80

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Geoff -

If we have a split start who am I going to race with as I'm sure I will be the slowest Miata.

Besides, not sure if there are enough of us in regionals to request a split. And I want to race with a couple of my 944 friends. Don't make me jump to ITA with Conover ---- But hey, who am I but just a real rook! Fire away!

But will good to see you again Geoff!!

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Jeff Clark Verified Driver

Car #: 07, 74
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Clark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think we should allow the pole sitter of SM decide to have a split start or not. I think he/she earned it.

[Smile]

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In general I don't like split starts, but whoever wants it could take a poll and get signatures at the track.

Kyle Freiheit

Region: NWR
Car #: #78 sorry Terrell
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't want a split start. It sounds all great that the SM group will be starting together but I want more time to let the field spread out before the fast cars start coming through the SM field. Yes, a regular start is a little more hectic but last year all that happened with the split start was that the fast SMs caught the slower "alphabet soup" guys within 1-2 laps and at the same time the faster "alphabet soup" guys were trying to lap us all at the same time.

Kyle

Thread Killer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I remember that start now.

I'm totally against it, as I was before I was talked out of it, and then proved right though not for the exact reason I presented earlier. [Mad] [Eek!] [Confused]

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in guys, just completed my entry. Now to see if I can get the #79 jalopy ready by the time we have to race...

Edit: Looks like that Porsche guy beat me to #79 again. Which number should I cover up this year? [Mad]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We agreed to a split start in the ITA sprint back in April at PIR and it was pretty comical. Only 3 of us made it to pre-grid on time and we didn't talk it over first so nobody knew when to start. I was driving around T12 thinking, do we start when the green comes out for the main group? At the bridge? At the flag stand? We all just sort of pedaled down the first few hundred feet of the straight until we all seemed to say "Screw it, lets race." at the same time. (We sorted that mess out before the main.)

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

W. Bonsell

Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So hey Keith ----

Just exactly what are you entered in this weekend? Are you doing a single National twice...a double National once...or are you going to drop into the Regional and be a front runner??

Regardless, it will be good to see you...can't believe you're not dragging Terrell or Randy into the foray...

See ya Sunday!

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

W. Bonsell

There you are Keith...

Did not see you in ITA with Conover. Pls explain rationale for jumping into ITA vs SM...need some company?

There are currently 35 in Group 6 including 2 Specs in ITA, 10 in SM and, oh yeah, 9 - 944 Cup guys to mess with!!

Should be a hoot!!!

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
We agreed to a split start in the ITA sprint back in April at PIR and it was pretty comical. Only 3 of us made it to pre-grid on time and we didn't talk it over first so nobody knew when to start. I was driving around T12 thinking, do we start when the green comes out for the main group? At the bridge? At the flag stand? We all just sort of pedaled down the first few hundred feet of the straight until we all seemed to say "Screw it, lets race." at the same time. (We sorted that mess out before the main.)

It sounds like the groups weren't separated by much. In the one and only split start I've ever done, our group was far enough behind the other group that we didn't see them take the green, so we got a green of our own.

How did you guys do it?

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Pack Fodder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ah man...that's still screwed up. I tried to do both SM and ITA not realizing they were lumped into one class and it was supposed to be changed to SM only.

I highly doubt I'll be a front runner. My new head showed up today so I'm running most of my old head with parts of Steve's. I'm not sure I feel like changing heads this week and I want to practice Friday. My motor aint pretty, it probably isn't going to make a ton of power, but it isn't spurting any fluids or making horrible noise. Plus I replaced my tow rig "Hilda the War Pig" with a bit nicer vehicle.

Steve, we all agreed to just hang back, and let the main group get a good gap but I think we all got caught by suprise when the call to grid for the sprint happened. If I remember right, Sean pulled onto the track when we were at about T7. The main we agreed to start racing when we crossed the white box right before the bridge...and it was still a bit of a cluster. I lead the race for my first time...all the way to T1. [Razz]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I may have to drop by the track on Monday and watch.

Who should I heckle?

Pack Fodder

You're not going to race ITA? You've got a pretty good shot at a podium in that new CRX.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
You're not going to race ITA? You've got a pretty good shot at a podium in that new CRX.

Ha!

Actually, I'll be driving a rally car this weekend down near Portland.

[rockband]

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Changed my mind... I'm in for one regional race. No Jim, I'll be bringing my special compound, chamfered shave tires. I'm also bringing my special tranny that repeatedly shifts into 3rd! [Smile]

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Thread Killer

WooHoo Bruce, good to hear.

Now if we can get Pat to man up we might have a reunion of sorts.

Kyle Freiheit

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

party party party!!!! Come on pat!!

Enduro addict

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I spent tonight prepping and inspecting the brake system, and I'm picking up the new tires tomorrow. The car may or may not get new fluids, depending on available time.

I'll be there. I just hope the $*%)@#& rain stays away. I want my rain tires to stay on the trailer.

Greg, we'll need to do an alignment on Saturday morning, or at least set the toe. The car's still tweaked from my coming together with Andy at Rose Cup last year.

--------------------

Thread Killer

Anybody going to be there Friday so we can try to clump together?

I plan on being there before noon.

If we can park 2 trailers an odd distance apart it helps save the space in between. It all depends on if/who is directing traffic.

Pack Fodder

I was thinking about going tomorrow to test out the car but it looks like more of the same weather...occasional downpours. I need to get my annual though so I'll definately be there in the afternoon.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Kyle Freiheit

Greg,
I can be there around noon or so.

Kyle

W. Bonsell

Greg ---
Remember I won't be over until early Sunday am. If you can save a spot, great. If not, I do understand...

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Thread Killer

No problem Bill. I'll save 13' x 7' for you, and a spot in the chow line. [Big Grin]

Is your son coming out before you? He could take the car through tech....

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greg, I'm planning on being there in the early afternoon tomorrow. David and I can share pop-ups next to my trailer, but he might like to have his truck, with all his supplies, close by. We'll need three spots, I think, for the two of us.

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It would be great if you could save me a space (enough for a tow rig, trailer, and Miata), but like Bill I'm not planning to show up until Saturday morning.

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by PedalFaster:
It would be great if you could save me a space (enough for a tow rig, trailer, and Miata), but like Bill I'm not planning to show up until Saturday morning.

he said tow rig.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

W. Bonsell

Greg -
Have annual..don't I just need to take logbook, license and gear to tech??

Bill

ps: thanks for the saved space!

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Kyle Freiheit

71 National entrees, 66 Regional entrees... ouch.

Kyle

Pack Fodder

Yeah...that has to hurt the club's revenue. Now that they got my registration fixed there's not one single person in ITA even. Jim Walsh is racing though. It's not a one car field either, he's taking on a 1978 911 with his 2004 GT3 cup car.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Kyle Freiheit

He will get the hard charger award [Wink]

Kyle

SeanH88

Region: OR
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SeanH88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd Butler...... Did you share with the NWR region the Miata Concerns? Pretty sure this is as loud and clear as you can get.

Did they give you any feedback, commentary etc?

Thanks as usual for all your effort to help us!

Thread Killer

I plan on talking to both Jim W. and Bob Grass. He is the main steward for this weekend.

I will formally ask him to withdraw from the regional, and failing that we have asked for him to be watched, and acknowledge that means we will be watched in our interactions with him as well.

Plan "c" is to slip him an undercooked burger....

[ 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Greg Bush ]

Thread Killer

I'm bringing some Toyo stickers to the track tomorrow for Kyle and David.

Anyone else?

Color?

G

Brian Benthin Verified Driver
Professional ballast

Car #: ICSCC #322
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Benthin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll take some white ones if you're already cuttin'.
My fenders look nek'd. [Wink]

But I probably won't be there until Sunday or Monday.

--------------------
Brian

Pack Fodder

For a minute there, I thought you were selling tires now Greg.

I thought I was being smart waiting until this morning when it was supposed to be dry to show up. Morning showers...go figure. Now I'll probably get stuck with the low spot in the paddock. [Frown]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Thread Killer

Just to close the loop on this. I talked to the Steward, and he was planning on talking to/watching him anyhow. The steward admitted that he is always involved in these incidents, but never quite found guilty....

Anyhow, by all accounts I heard his on track performance was very good.

Now if we could just get the 944s to behave in mixed conditions.....

Pack Fodder

For the most part I agree. He seemed well behaved whenever I saw him. I hear though that in our first race he actually lined up next to, and at one point passed the pace car.

BTW- If anyone is missing a blue folding chair, let me know. It was abandoned in the area of Steve's car.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Enduro addict

ONE POINT EIGHT GEES BABY!!!

Kinda like "GREAT SCOTT! ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE JIGAWATTS!"

--------------------

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: