Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » june sprints (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: june sprints
Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:

So in short, other than seeing friends and having fun away from the track, I should have stayed home.

And think of how many $$$ you could have saved [Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim - for the record, that text I sent you during the STU race was sent BEFORE you tangled with the mustang. You were lookin' "racy" from the start. [Big Grin]

Congrats Steyn! Best looking car wins, should have just had a concours we could have saved a lot of fuel.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pink:
You think the car,helmet and driver suit say"DANNY STEYN" alot now,you just wait until the next race! [rolling on floor laughin]

Congratulations Danny [thumbsup]

I did overhear the guy at Bell ask his supervisor if they made XXXXl helmets? [duck]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rich, great job as always doing the pointy end. Experience 1 with the SRF at Road America & yer ready for the Runoffs. They'll be watching ya. [yep]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by David Dewhurst:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
[qb]

JD2, it was wet. What was the 1st to 3rd gap at the flag? < Oh $hit, was intermitten typing when you posted.

I was p2, not sure if Danny was looking at himself in the mirror,sipping wine from one of his three red bull drink containers,flipping data switches,listening to weather on scanners,listening to his radio, switching Cd's or memory sticks,blinded by his blinking gauges or what? [Wink] But p2 was lined up perfectly with p1? We actually crossed start/finish with Andrew about 6 inches ahead of me, but Sammy pushing Andrew and Steyn, well... see above, whatever he was doing, it was 100 yards back:) [help]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

MegaModerator

Also Big congrats to Ken Kannard and Nikki Coello for their June Sprints wins in FP,FB AND FC... SM racers at heart! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drago

that pretty much describes the start for me. And yes I am clueless, lack experience, naive, whatever. Figured we would go at 40mph till the green flag dropped - silly me. [Confused]

I also think that David might be asking about the finish; if so there couldnt have been more than 3 to 4 seconds between 1st and 4th place at the line.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Drago

I also think that David might be asking about the finish; if so there couldnt have been more than 3 to 4 seconds between 1st and 4th place at the line.

He is old and crazy, who nows what he is talking about half the time. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Now that I met him I think you might be right [laughing]

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Craig Berry

Region: SW
Car #: 24
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Craig Berry     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a fun weekend, amazing track, and some of the best people I have ever been around!
THANKS to Drago for never giving up on trying to get this car right over the last few months...most would have quit on it. Everything but the sheetmetal was replaced. The car is really awesome now! Also thanks to Jim for all the help at the track and the extensive track notes that enabled me to get up to speed on my first qualifying session on a new track. JB, worked his A** off for all of us....hard to believe someone so young knows so much about cars. Sandlin gave me some good Canada corner advice, and also helped me guage how many Coors Lts I could drink the night before and still be able to drive! Chip thank you for letting me follow you on my first laps. Chip also supplied half the parts on my car....I think you could build at least 2 Miatas out of the stuff in his trailer!
CONGRATS to Danny, Great and very entertaining race! The double yellow really killed my lead....then Danny made the smart decision to run the dry line before I did, wich I did not realize until he was in front of me, then a missed shift. No problem running door to door with this guy...very good driver.
Felt bad for Jim as we were comming around the carosel on lap 1....most drivers would have hit the wall...amazing save!
Cant wait to get back to RA!

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Drago, I also think that David might be asking about the finish; if so there couldnt have been more than 3 to 4 seconds between 1st and 4th place at the line.

He is old and crazy, who nows what he is talking about half the time. [Big Grin]
Thank you Danny, your 100% correct. [yep]

Jim, did you scare the $hit out of yourself with the 4 wheels off at track out at the carousel (One of your better friends pulled that trick at the Kink last year, did a 360, got away with it & kept going.) & now you can't remember or think. [Razz] Here's a little refresher, 1.6, 3 seconds at the Sprints & 6 seconds at the 2010 Runoffs. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alright Slattery lets hear it. There is no escape so come take it like a man! [Smile]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't do it Shawn - let'em keep guessing - makes 'em nuts.

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:

Spec Miata is a very close community so unfortunately not many people are guessing. Most of us already know the answer!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great Job Danny, did you do your rain dance the night before?? [yep]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:

Yes! Lets shroud cheaters in secrecy!

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Most of us already know the answer!
It's no secret - just ask Mr. Tucker.

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
Alright Slattery lets hear it. There is no escape so come take it like a man! [Smile]

I seem to remember the older version happily accusing others of cheating in the past. Welcome to the club...you're in good company ;-)

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Drennan:
quote:

I seem to remember the older version happily accusing others of cheating in the past. Welcome to the club...you're in good company ;-)
Where in the heck have you been ?!?

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to everybody that finished up front. You earned it in tough conditions. Frankly, everyone that completed the race and stayed on the black deserves a hand. It can be tougher to drive in changing conditions like we had than if it had just rained steadily, although the visibility after the first lap was decent.

Jim Drago - you shouldn't be so down on your weekend. Most of the talk beforehand was about you beating Chip and you did that [rockband]

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok... so what did Slattery do?

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a great sm race at the sprints . For the most part everybody stayed pretty clean. I had a great race with Labounty and Andrew C all race long then finally got by towards the end. Started to get a dry line and then i was in trouble. Tom sager great come back from pour qual to finish 5th. That must have been interesting the first half the race to get up there. Great job Danny, cant wait to race again at the runoffs. See you all then

JMorris

Icon 1 posted  Profile for JMorris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What I heard was that the head was ported,visible by looking into the ports with manifolds removed. SCCA confiscated the head and threw him out. No idea if he sustained any other penalties? But I have seen Mr Slattery call out several people for cheating, usual those in front of him over the last few years. Perhaps, he I figured he would join the club? The only problem with that is many others have actually passed their first inspection. I'm surprised more hasn't come of this, since Mr. Slattery seems to have no problem calling others out, I suspected more calling him out. [nope] Hopefully he will state his case, but I doubt it.
J-

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Drennan:
quote:

Where in the heck have you been ?!?
Lurking in broke-talent purgatory, lamenting my '94 with two (very expensive) turd-like power puhhhlants...quietly building my war chest...waiting for SM/SM2 ;-)

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by JMorris:
What I heard was that the head was ported,visible by looking into the ports with manifolds removed. SCCA confiscated the head and threw him out. No idea if he sustained any other penalties? But I have seen Mr Slattery call out several people for cheating, usual those in front of him over the last few years. Perhaps, he I figured he would join the club? The only problem with that is many others have actually passed their first inspection. I'm surprised more hasn't come of this, since Mr. Slattery seems to have no problem calling others out, I suspected more calling him out. [nope] Hopefully he will state his case, but I doubt it.
J-

I think you hit the nail on the head! This was not a case of almost legal which I think most people would accept; although he would have still got DQed. Many of our cars, including mine are on the razors edge when it comes to engines so there is always a chance that there will be a small issue. This was not that type of issue. But I do hope he comes on here and explains what and why and gets past it. I too have called out people and if my car is found to ever be illegal then I would fully expect to get the beat down by my fellow drivers even if it was just a small oversight.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Cliffy Chains

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Short-stuff:
I think you hit the nail on the head! I would fully expect to get the beat down by my fellow drivers even if it was just a small oversight.

GCR page 561 sec 5 rule 13 sub paragraph B subsection 2 clearly states:

"No driver or pit crew may use or utilize a high chair during the course of any SCCA sanctioned"

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Cliffy Chains

Pat, just give us a real number 130, 135, 138??

I want a number to compare with what you, had to have, to be in the company you kept this past weekend.

Pat dont't be embarassed, we all live life on the edge...Just today, I ran,,with a fork in my hand,,,,,FACING UP!!!

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
quote:
quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head! I would fully expect to get the beat down by my fellow drivers even if it was just a small oversight.

"No driver or pit crew may use or utilize a high chair during the course of any SCCA sanctioned"

It is not a high chair, it is a booster seat. High chairs have their own seat belts while boosters have to use one bolted to the car. Please learn the difference! [Frown]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is not a high chair, it is a booster seat. High chairs have their own seat belts while boosters have to use one bolted to the car. Please learn the difference! [Frown]
and I see you changed my quote!!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Since I don't know Mr. Slattery I have to ask. Would he be a guy that would recognize a ported head?

I'm not sure I would - since I'm not an engine guy I have no idea what these cheats look like for sure. Ya, I have an idea about some of them but if I were to ask my engine builder for a kick ass "Legal" motor when it arrived I would put it in the car without investigating it. In the past I've used Race Engineering and East Street and I believe they've been legal motors so I haven't investigated them at all - but, why would I? I'm not sure I would know a cheat when I saw one unless maybe I had a know good one to compare it.

Could this be a case of the engine builder having to tweak the motor to make the power that was promised?

I mean really, how many of us know our cars are 100% legal? I buy parts from all over and put them on the car - in my limited exposure to these parts I would have no idea if a part was not within specs - I try to use reputable vendors but these days things are hard all over and it would not be hard for me to believe that someone would cut corners which could result in parts that are not within specs.

I hope Mr. Slattery will explain the situation. Because in the absence of an explanation it will probably be assumed he did know it wasn't a legal motor... And really what's to say the whole motor wasn't cheated up??? If it had a ported head who's to say it hasn't been balanced? What about the compression? What about the bore size?

If someone was going to cheat up a head why not think the whole engine isn't cheated up??? Seams to me the ports would be a stupid place to cheat up a motor - way to easy for a tech guy to find...

MZ

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Compression, bore and stroke can be checked in about 30 minutes, with one spark plug out. Porting a head takes more work to tech.
wheel

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Depends on what was done. If after popping the manifold off, the intake ports miraculously match the holes in the manifold gasket and the inside looks smooth and shiny instead of rough and ugly with big casting marks, it doesn’t take long.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

all heresay and conjecture ...
no one that's posted here personally saw or knows anything, precisely what was 'not compliant' and to what, if any, degree.
All going off third party subjective opinions.
How about letting the facts come out before deciding judgement. Jees, other folks show up with big RP's at the RunOffs, and are treated with more tolerance and respect.

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by guest driver:
no one that's posted here personally saw or knows anything, precisely what was 'not compliant' and to what, if any, degree.
How about letting the facts come out before deciding judgement. Jees, other folks show up with big RP's at the RunOffs, and are treated with more tolerance and respect.

Do you know anyone who might know some facts?

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

no i don't ... and while i am no longer on the big fella's fav 5 speed dial, he didn't see anything with his own eyes either.
So, none of us know, don't really matter, the kid was 1.8 sec off in the dry and he can drive with anyone out there, doubt he had much over 122 if that.
Bottom line - Steyn was the man, Drago drove extremely well, Charbs was on point in the dry, Chip needs to re group and the 800 lb Gorilla is just smiling behind the curtain.
[Smile]

G. Davis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 03
Icon 1 posted  Profile for G. Davis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

:crickets:

--------------------
--------------------

Glenn Davis

Rich Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As someone who has had cheating alluded to regarding his results in his 1.6, I must point out that my engine passed a similar (alleged) inspection by SCCA compliance team in 2009. I bet the new owner would sell the car for the right price. Head probably could use a refresh, make sure you tell your builder to keep the dremel away if you send it off! [Wink]

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:

You would be wrong on that! What was done is very well known. Sorry if certain people don't know but there are plenty that do! Pat will come on here at some point I hope to discuss the issue. I am sure the kid can drive and wishes this never happened. So we will just how he wants to handle it.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Rich Verified Driver

There's no doubt Shawn's up on the wheel. But considering the rhetoric from that camp in the past, I'm not surprised there's a little bit of public stoning going on here either.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

JMorris

Icon 1 posted  Profile for JMorris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looking over the results in CenDiv... I see Mr. Slattery won the double at Grattan a few weeks ago. I'm sure he wasn't using that engine then though. [flamed] [nope]
Pat should send the trophies and contingency checks to the second place finishers IMO.
J-

Cliffy Chains

quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
There's no doubt Shawn's up on the wheel. But considering the rhetoric from that camp in the past, I'm not surprised there's a little bit of public stoning going on here either.

Some people might be stoning, but I dont see it that way

What is more legal, I guy showing up in a 99 or a 1.8 and running hot fuel, or a guy equalizing that effect with some mods to a 1.6 that does not benfit from running the fuel the same as the others do.

Now I know the answer, the fuel is more legal, That is Horse$hit....what is happening is we are finding ways for it to be a 99 only field.

All I want to know is what kind of power are we talking about out of a 1.6 to be able to keep up with the TOP FUEL 99's at the sprints...We all know Slattery can drive, he's proved that enough, now we have a good driver beind the wheel of a 1.6 that has "X" amount of power just to be able to run with these "Special Class" 99's??

What is "X"??

This whole thing should be used more to prove a point than to throw stones at, what's next solid rocket fuel, laced with turn signal nitrous just so you can beat a pump gas 1.6???

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

MegaModerator

Where is the coo coo for cocoa puffs Graemlin? [Big Grin]

I am going to go rob fort knox tomorrow as Bill Gates has more money than me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I want to thank Mr. Slattery for showing me what I need to do to compete next year

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
I want to thank Mr. Slattery for showing me what I need to do to compete next year

We already told you, build a 99. [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

I think he alreay is:

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1817918916.html
http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1817926765.html

--------------------
Michael Ross

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

I can not drive a 99 it takes finesse. Also I do not think any of the 99 vendors would sell me any of the good tech shed legal parts.

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Rich Verified Driver

The hot fuel adds power to 1.6's too.

This isn't the first year a 1.6 has run with the '99's. Saini was 3rd in a 1.6 in 2008 and didn't get bounced in tech either. *shutting up before somebody accuses me of tooting my own horn again.* I'm pretty sure he had less than 120hp because I had about 120hp then and my car was faster than his up the hill from in front of him.

so there's X. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 dynojet before the hot fuel, which can be worth about 3hp on a 1.6 with the right tune. Slattery in the past has said he's under that number?

A '99 only field wouldn't be so bad. Better than ending up with a prod class just to get an older, slower car to compete with a car that is 10 years newer and faster out of the box. You'd lose a lot of people during that shuffle though.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
The hot fuel adds power to 1.6's too.

This isn't the first year a 1.6 has run with the '99's.

Dont go clouding this up with facts again.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

quote:

We all know Slattery can drive, he's proved that enough, now we have a good driver beind the wheel of a 1.6 that has "X" amount of power just to be able to run with these "Special Class" 99's??

What ever was or was not with the Slattery car I am confident the wet track had as much to do with Shawn's 3rd place finish as anything. Great driving job Shawn. [yep] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

He didn't finish third....he finished DQ. There is a difference. If I show up with a turbo and get third are you going to say "great drive"?

--------------------
Paul McLester

Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: