Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Stewart Development Shock Services

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Stewart Development Shock Services
Connie 62 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 11
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Connie 62     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drivers from the WDC Region who have been using Bernie Stewart/Stewart Development for shock servicing of their Bilstein shocks have recently had difficulty communicating with the company. Has this problem been widespread? Does anyone have information pertaining to the status of the company?

--------------------
Jim Thill
#11 SSM
#3 ITA
Thrillz Racing

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am having the same issue.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Todd Green Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Utah
Car #: 55
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Green   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had my shocks rebuilt by him during the first week of July with no issues. Hopefully nothing has happened since then. [Frown]

al@cpt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for al@cpt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Same here, is there anyone local that can visit Bernie?

dp35 Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had this problem recently. Bernie finally returned my call, and told me that he's been overwhelmed by computer failures and other issues.

[ 08-19-2010, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: dp35 ]

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There was definitely a "silent" period, but I've personally gotten a set back from him in the last week, as have several other local drivers. I talked to him last week and heard the same thing that Darin did. He seems to be geared up and "back in business".

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am glad to hear that he is "back" as I have a set of shocks he did that need to go back and be re-done.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Connie 62:
Drivers from the WDC Region who have been using Bernie Stewart/Stewart Development for shock servicing of their Bilstein shocks have recently had difficulty communicating with the company. Has this problem been widespread? Does anyone have information pertaining to the status of the company?

Communication and timeliness is inversely proportional to product quality and price among race prep shops. This guy probably has very good products and services at fair prices.

al@cpt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for al@cpt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Received the shocks today.

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sager:
[QUOTE]Communication and timeliness is inversely proportional to product quality and price among race prep shops. This guy probably has very good products and services at fair prices.

I completely disagree....
Quality products go hand in hand with good communication and service. Typically I have found if the communication is poor, so is the product and/or service.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with Bernie, just race shops in general.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:
[QUOTE]Communication and timeliness is inversely proportional to product quality and price among race prep shops. This guy probably has very good products and services at fair prices.

Quality products go hand in hand with good communication and service.

I agree they should go hand in hand. If over the past 30 years I had only done business with guys like you and Wheeler, I'd think all car guys were the greatest.

All industries have a personality. I spent 15 minutes at the Post Office today. Care to guess how that went?

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

my guess: better than dealing with the DMV, Comcast, or AT&T

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Mike Tesch Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Tesch   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree they should go hand in hand. If over the past 30 years I had only done business with guys like you and Wheeler, I'd think all car guys were the greatest.

All industries have a personality. I spent 15 minutes at the Post Office today. Care to guess how that went?

After your first post I felt pretty good...

Now comes this one... [flamed] [flamed] [flamed] [flamed]

Where's the love? [scratchchin]

--------------------
"I've got 5 kids... here there are hundreds"

Mike Tesch
Go Time Racing LLC

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Lamb:
my guess: better than dealing with the DMV, Comcast, or AT&T

My gosh we could make a long list, but I wasn't trying to find the bottom.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Tesch:
quote:
quote:
quote:

After your first post I felt pretty good...

Now comes this one... [flamed] [flamed] [flamed] [flamed]

Where's the love? [scratchchin]

Didn't I hug you yesterday?

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We've had noting but great EVERYTHING from Bernie.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tracking number was sent over yesterday for my last set!

Thanks Bernie!

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Chris70 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 17-7-70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris70   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any news from anyone ?

--------------------
"Talent is often perseverance in disguise"

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Chris70:
Any news from anyone ?

I'm gonna try to touch base with him tomorrow...

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Jimlowe

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jimlowe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I spoke with Bernie this morning. He says he's reorganized and has caught up.

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sammy will be asking him why he was tossed at NASA today. For the record, on spec is the JD rebuilds that the 4 companies I deal with will do. 60% over on rebound or any spec not withn the rules is NOT MY suggested setting. They come and go yet I'm still here, irony.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: