Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » HOw old do you have to be to get your scca license?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: HOw old do you have to be to get your scca license?
jake bailey

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jake bailey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

how old??

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

15 if you have previous experience in carts or quarter midgets or legends. Otherwise 16.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You can get it earlier with NASA. I got mine at 13. As Mike said, it all depends on your previous experience.

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

jake bailey

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jake bailey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for your help guys

jake bailey

But who decides if you are eligible to get your license at 15. Like do you send your past experience to an scca person?

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, contact your local region and they will fill you in on the process. You have to submit some paperwork and then interview with the competition licensing director. They ultimately decide whether you get one or not.

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The final decision rests with SCCA, in Topeka. The divisional competition licensing director cannot issue a license (novice permit) to a 15, or 16 year old, without approval from SCCA. If you are ready to go, I would suggest sending a resume to Terry Ozment, Director of Club Racing. TOzment@scca.com
She will help you.
wheel

jake bailey

Thanks!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: