Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » anybody work for Yellow freight?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: anybody work for Yellow freight?
terrya Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrya     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Fellow Racers i NEED help!

Does anybody work for Yellow Freight or know of anybody that does with any pull?
here is what is going on ...,,,Aug. 25 pallet was picked up in Edison N.J with My 2 Fresh FV engines rebuilt being shipped back to Mi. for the Runoff's.

here is how the route was suppose to go home terminal Elizabeth N.J to Akron ohio and then the Talyor Mi.

i have the Pro number but Driver didnt put labels on the pallet (engine boxes) when he picked them up from the shipper. yellow has paperwork but NO Pallet and CAN'T FIND IT.

My shipper went to the terminal this AM to look to see if he could find the shipment its not in the terminal. They think it might have gone to Akron but Akron says they didnt see it nor did taylor. They supposely put a APB out on the freight but its not looking to good. I'm ready to take a road trip to that terminal to look myself.

IF anybody can help.....please

If they cant find these 2 Engines I'm pretty much screwd [help]

Terry
248-514-7255

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wish I could help you Terry. Sounds pretty brutal.

Sorry and good luck!

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I work in transportation but not for Yellow. My two cents is to stay far far away from Yellow/ YRC. I've had decent luck with R and L.

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keep putting the pressure on Yellow, they will find it. They have a pretty big network, it is probably sitting at one of there terminals in the OS&D department.

Good luck.

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My bet it's in an unclaimed freight warehouse in NJ.
Without the driver putting the routing stickers on the boxes Edison would have no way of knowing which truck to swing them onto. They probanly sat on the dock for a week and then were moved along with others boxes to a warehouse. There they will set until someone tracks them down and claims them. You would be amazed at the size of the warehouses and the amount of freight in them that will set forever.
I know not what you wanted to hear but keep putting the pressure on them.
I know it doesn't help but I hope they were insured well.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+1 with Charlie.

Here are some ideas...
1) Try to duplicate a picture of the box and send it to them.

2) Go to the place that your truck driver unloaded and search the unclaimed warehouse. Or get someone to do it.

3) Put up a reward (incentive) to find it. Offer a case a beer or whatever.

4)Put picture of the package in employee room or where they clock out. Time sensitive, Reward.

5) You may want to check the local ads, Craigslist, etc. Some time they make it out the back door.

J~

terrya Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrya     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok, i have gotten alot of responses from here and different boards, thank you all!

There Still Looking!!

A different appoarch if anybody can HELP, Is there anybody that does business with Yellow Freight that has the influence on what trucking co. they use that can LEAN on them to find this Freight?
I have one Co. that will be calling today they do about 200k each year with them to LEAN on them about finding this freight.
I would have to think this will get there attention!

Any Help we would appreciate....

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by terrya:
Fellow Racers i NEED help!

Does anybody work for Yellow Freight or know of anybody that does with any pull?
here is what is going on ...,,,Aug. 25 pallet was picked up in Edison N.J with My 2 Fresh FV engines rebuilt being shipped back to Mi. for the Runoff's.

here is how the route was suppose to go home terminal Elizabeth N.J to Akron ohio and then the Talyor Mi.

i have the Pro number but Driver didnt put labels on the pallet (engine boxes) when he picked them up from the shipper. yellow has paperwork but NO Pallet and CAN'T FIND IT.

My shipper went to the terminal this AM to look to see if he could find the shipment its not in the terminal. They think it might have gone to Akron but Akron says they didnt see it nor did taylor. They supposely put a APB out on the freight but its not looking to good. I'm ready to take a road trip to that terminal to look myself.

IF anybody can help.....please

If they cant find these 2 Engines I'm pretty much screwd [help]

Terry
248-514-7255

I will call you this AM. Might be able to help.

terrya Verified Driver

First i just want to Thank everybody that has helped me so far but we need to keep the pressure on them. I have had company's that do business with yellow call and lets say LEAN on them or else. ( thank you to those that have ) and i need more like that. I have had friends, racers etc. call daily about the "Missing Freight" I (we ) cant give up

here is what i know so far..... There STILL LOST !

As of today its still in the system Red flagged with 6 people working on it? There has been many things on this that has fallen through the cracks that's for sure. the trailer that delivered the freight to the home terminal is still there so they say. and was checked today for left behind shipments nothing in it.My shipper went to the home terminal Tuesday and walked through it as well as the OSD area. My Son went to the Mi. terminal and walked through, nothing. I was told that 2 people walked the Akron terminal (transfer) yesterday, nothing. They cant even answer some of my questions i have and I'm not in the buisness, that is very frustrating.

i have had conversations with upper management also
every day is a new day with new questions and more phone calls.

more as i get info.

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

terrya Verified Driver

Gang,

is there anybody from Carlisle PA that could go to the terminal there>
It's been reported that the trailer that hasnt Moved from NJ has indeed gone there and back since the time. and its also reported that they have large number of unidentified shipments currently sitting on there dock!

I can make the road trip in needed,

call if you can help and i will send you the info needed to get in .

Thanks

___

Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
1-SM Miata

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

terrya Verified Driver

ok i got the carlisle walk through handled....wow what a great group!

thanks for all the support thus far!

its not over yet though.......

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
ok i got the carlisle walk through handled....wow what a great group!

thanks for all the support thus far!

its not over yet though.......

Keeping fingers crossed that you find it there.

terrya Verified Driver

update,

I would like to Thank Steve for going to the Carlisle PA. terminal to walk through it,but we still came up empty handed! Steve did say that when he got there that there were people already looking for it. he said it was a HOT topic. I have had conversations with the VP of that Region yesterday and he seems to be doing a good job thus far. starting from day 1 and checking with every terminal that trailers left that night and the next day, the best so far as for getting anything done.

This also got elevated to the top yesterday by my Co. President which called and wrote an email to the Presidents (yes there are a few) to YRC stating that if this freight isn't found that we will discontinue the use of YRC along with our 28 Distributors throughout the country. I would like to thank the other companies that have stepped up and called them as well. ( we can use more, funny how that gets there attention )

I will just continue to get ready for the Runoff's hoping for the phone call as we go into the Holiday weekend.

well back to work on the new awning to keep my sanity ........

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Terrya,
So, any news?

Sphinx Verified Driver
M. Yusuf Mohamed

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sphinx     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
update,

I would like to Thank Steve for going to the Carlisle PA. terminal to walk through it,but we still came up empty handed! Steve did say that when he got there that there were people already looking for it. he said it was a HOT topic. I have had conversations with the VP of that Region yesterday and he seems to be doing a good job thus far. starting from day 1 and checking with every terminal that trailers left that night and the next day, the best so far as for getting anything done.

This also got elevated to the top yesterday by my Co. President which called and wrote an email to the Presidents (yes there are a few) to YRC stating that if this freight isn't found that we will discontinue the use of YRC along with our 28 Distributors throughout the country. I would like to thank the other companies that have stepped up and called them as well. ( we can use more, funny how that gets there attention )

I will just continue to get ready for the Runoff's hoping for the phone call as we go into the Holiday weekend.

well back to work on the new awning to keep my sanity ........

Good luck man. Wish I could help. If they find your stuff, I'd squeeze them for a sponsorship! [Smile]

--------------------
Sphinx Racing
Atlanta Region
http://www.sphinxracing.com
http://www.layersdesserts.com
Support our racing efforts by shopping at your favorite online merchants at SphinxRacing.com!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: