Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Crashing at the Runoffs. (Page 4)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 4 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  next » 

Author Topic: Crashing at the Runoffs.
guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

in response to Danny's post and Jams response post;
[thumbsup]
then;
young Bobby, having been successful in Karts, is reading all of this with his father who just bought a '90 1.6 street car for his kid, they are ready to go motor racing next year.
After reading this thread and watching all the video, who in their right mind would place his son (or daughter) into this den of crazies. From P-4 on back is an open season "Kill Zone". That's a 50 plus car killing field, that no one was seriously hurt at RA was a miracle.
What a joke, on you, each and everyone of you in those videos. The laughing stock of everyone watching, those 'crazy Spec Miata fools'.
All of you from P-4 on back, need to reassess your minds, that 'kill or be killed' mentality belongs in Afghanistan, not in SCCA racing.
Everyone should shake each of your fellow racers hands on the grid before the race, show yourself to each competitor, tell them who you are, wish them a good safe race, then do the same after the race.
If you cannot, you do not belong in SCCA amatuer racing, go buy a ride in the Pro ranks, they'll kill you off real quick over there.
[boggled]

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Touche Blake [Wink] When you coming back from Taiwan again? [Big Grin] Stay safe buddy.

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mat pombo:
Jamie,

not debating that. Just think the pattern shows more of the result. Watch the live race when it comes up on speedcasttv.com to see the canada corner incident. I watched it live and saw a poor choice that ruined 3 cars races. Most of the smart drivers at the front know if someone passes 3 cars in a lap and is going forward to follow them to the front as it will benefit both of you. Jeff always races without thinking in this way. He is very talented and is very fast. He tries to be clean and is a super person off the track that we consider a great friend. However, racecraft is something that is important in racing, especially when you get to big events to help place yourself in position to win. A lot of that requires you working with people and not racing every corner of every lap.....

People can battle accidents to no end. The thing that bothered me most was not the wreck, but when Mark went to talk to Jeff he blew him off and acted as if nothing happened. Not cool, any accident at ~115 mph on a straightaway, whether your fault or not, is worth figuring out.

This is not an attack on you or your peeps as you know we all race together and have a lot of respect for each other. Just with Jeff this is not the first time we have had similar incidents, with our post race conversations ending with him being on the border of asshole-ish.

I witnessed the NASA thing, other people at the runoffs this year have issue with him, and I know other people that do as well.

That's the pattern I'm talking about....

P.S. I'm done talking publicly about this. It's not fair to Mark or Jeff, who were the one's behind the drivers seats.

Doc I am with you as I am done as well. I wish many of the drivers would have had a better runoffs experience and that includes Mark. Hopefully the players in this incident can get it sorted out and move forward.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

mat pombo Verified Driver

Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well said. I'll get you a brew at the ARRC. Hope to see you there as always. Talk soon.

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Valet:
Spec miatas weren't allowed to bump draft, but that didn't apply to Formula Ford!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kbj3H2WO1E

Classic! Give the guy in front an extra few mph and see if he'll miss the apex in the next corner! I like how the nose is nice and white on approach and not so white afterwards.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by guest driver:

"that no one was seriously hurt at RA was a miracle"

And this above hasn't been mentioned enough in this thread. Years ago I followed a Neon that went upside down between the kink and Canada after a small scuffle with another driver. It didn't take much and if you want a visual, toss a football 20 yards and watch it after first hits the ground. It looked similar to that.

Most of us have families and have to go to work on Monday with our arms, legs and minds operating correctly. I for one am not looking to test the limits of my safety equipment.

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sager:

I for one am not looking to test the limits of my safety equipment.

Like we say in the heavy industries, "personal protective equipment is the last line of defense." Meaning there are supposed to be lots of other less tangible things in between you and the thing that could hurt you.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Found sammys video out there in cyber space [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfyhhQenK8

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great view in the rear view mirror

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

how about that block thanks sammy

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

sorry here is my opinion after canada sammmy had the ture pombo moved after trying to pass jeff in the worst spot three good drivers wanting the spot all kept ther foot in it i still have 20/20
what about blake keeping his foot in it what if it went all left jeff would have been in the clear

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keeping my foot in it? I broke, lifted, and drove off in the grass to avoid? I saw sammy spin right and moved even further to left while the other two pushed him out of the way and carried on about trying to kill each other.

I'm done.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

mr von charbonneau

MR POMBO FROM THE COZY chair plase help chip with his bad knee, not point fingers .

how many times do we help each other in the se

keep it in house dr phil .

jeff was at tech helping your family ob2

slow down cowboy.

mr von charbonneau

HEY {BLAKE} HOMESTED DID I FIRE YOU UP

DONT MAKE ME GO THERE

you big meatloaf sandwich

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:
I watched it live and saw a poor choice that ruined 3 cars races.

Doc, keep counting - there's more than 3 [Smile]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

mr von charbonneau

what happens at the track stays with the track talk there and drink beer later

andrew charbonneau

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mr von charbonneau:
HEY {BLAKE} HOMESTED DID I FIRE YOU UP

DONT MAKE ME GO THERE

you big meatloaf sandwich

LOL. Yeah, but I apologized and admitted I made a mistake instead of playing the blame game. There's a difference. [Smile]

Don't drag me into the incidents above as I did what I could to avoid.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:
quote:

Did I say I was talking about me Tucker? Danny Steyn is 4?

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did I say I was talking about me Tucker? Danny Steyn is 4?
It was a simple question! Nothing implied but I thought it might be taken wrong so I deleted it but you already saw it.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

mr von charbonneau

jeff and blake aka elmo
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=elmo+gay&aq=f

mr von charbonneau

blake at home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2redRXeirY

mr von charbonneau

blake smoking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QhcaRsGMak&feature=related

mr von charbonneau

blakes comments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmL8aCPgleI&feature=related

mr von charbonneau

rock bottomhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E8-TzKYBuQ&NR=1

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't know who this is but the straight line crashing is nuts [Eek!] [Eek!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZCf5cW49PU

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
[thumbsup]
then;
young Bobby, having been successful in Karts, is reading all of this with his father who just bought a '90 1.6 street car for his kid, they are ready to go motor racing next year.
After reading this thread and watching all the video, who in their right mind would place his son (or daughter) into this den of crazies. From P-4 on back is an open season "Kill Zone". That's a 50 plus car killing field, that no one was seriously hurt at RA was a miracle.
What a joke, on you, each and everyone of you in those videos. The laughing stock of everyone watching, those 'crazy Spec Miata fools'.
All of you from P-4 on back, need to reassess your minds, that 'kill or be killed' mentality belongs in Afghanistan, not in SCCA racing.
Everyone should shake each of your fellow racers hands on the grid before the race, show yourself to each competitor, tell them who you are, wish them a good safe race, then do the same after the race.
If you cannot, you do not belong in SCCA amatuer racing, go buy a ride in the Pro ranks, they'll kill you off real quick over there.
[boggled]

+1...see video above!

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."

Mike Anzaldi

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Anzaldi     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Alan:

oh brother. the missing angle, found.

--------------------
Mike

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
[thumbsup]
then;
[boggled]

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Anzaldi:
quote:

oh brother. the missing angle, found.
Didn't even realize this was the same crash that started this thread...are the other 2 in the wall Mike?

--------------------
-RA

No excuse for the black car...who not only took you out but collected the other innocent guy to his right. No place for this in club racing.

--------------------
-RA

Mike LL

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am Bobby, or Michael's father. This race does give me a little pause, because of the actions of a few of the drivers. My son is in NASA now and we are planning to run SCCA also when he is old enough. I obviously know the risks of racing, we left karting because I got a little tired of kids using there helmet for a roll bar. I hope when the drivers watch these replays they are at least a little embarresed by some of these moves. I don't think that includes Mike. I would have told my son to make those same moves, but I am learning also, and I will temper some of that myself. I am also torn because we are planning on using this as a stepping stone to higher classes, and you need to run up front and win to get other rides. I would like any feedback on how agressive is too agressive. Obviously taking someone out to pass is crap, but so is letting someone continuously slam the door and block. Is there any purse at the runoffs?

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

quote:
Originally posted by Mike ll:
I am Bobby, or Michael's father. This race does give me a little pause, because of the actions of a few of the drivers. My son is in NASA now and we are planning to run SCCA also when he is old enough. I obviously know the risks of racing, we left karting because I got a little tired of kids using there helmet for a roll bar. I hope when the drivers watch these replays they are at least a little embarresed by some of these moves. I don't think that includes Mike. I would have told my son to make those same moves, but I am learning also, and I will temper some of that myself. I am also torn because we are planning on using this as a stepping stone to higher classes, and you need to run up front and win to get other rides. I would like any feedback on how agressive is too agressive. Obviously taking someone out to pass is crap, but so is letting someone continuously slam the door and block. Is there any purse at the runoffs?

Straight to NASCAR...jump right over SCCA if your talking rides and purses. But along with rides and purses comes lots of "touching" [Eek!]
Good luck! [twocents]

--------------------
-RA

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

some days when I'm at work at 3am I think I should of stayed retired at an early age, I think to myself, I am having a $h!t day..................................................... Then I go on these forums, and read the comments and bickering back and forth, ....I feel so much better about my day already. [Smile]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hell yea there's a purse at the Runoffs - why do you think everyone goes nuts!

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Found sammys video out there in cyber space
[Eek!] [Eek!] That explains why we could not go over the pit wall till AFTER the green!

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Neil O Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: DC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil O   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
No excuse for the black car...who not only took you out but collected the other innocent guy to his right. No place for this in club racing.
+1 & not his first questionable move of the race

Stewards have my video because the Black car #40 protested the innocent guy to his right (white car #7). I'd love to hear #40's reasoning on how the #7 caused this.

Same #40 (black car) that crashed #22 in Canada.

--------------------
SM #06
http://www.columbiatile.com

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like the silver car pulled up next to valafar's car and than the Red tried to go three wide, and you can see the silver car getting hit by the outside (red) car and starting the chain reaction. Anyone see it otherwise?

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The rear view from my car shows it a little different. I cant figure out how to edit and save this HD stuff. Both are friends, both have moved on. Lets let it die.
If someone wants to tutor me, I will send my video to those involved.

Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

springfielddyno Verified Driver
Runoffs "MOVE OF THE RACE" (headlights)

Region: Ozark Mountain Region
Car #: 37, 31
Year : 96, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neil O:
[QUOTE] [/QUOTE I'd love to hear #40's reasoning on how the #7 caused this.

maybe for qualifying at the back all three days, then running within .5 seconds of fastest race lap? Number seven had nothing to do with the crash other than get caught up in it as far as I could see. I was right behind them. In fact he had just caught the three way battle in turn 1. 7 would have cleared all of them by 5 (mabye sooner) as he was hitting marks well and car was working well... I would have submitted my video if I knew there was a protest.

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Silver car kept moving right until contact occured. The racing line is a car width left of the silver car. Looks like a case of two stubborn drivers playing chicken, expecting the other to yield. Completely innocent white car got collected.

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by pat slattery:
Looks like the silver car pulled up next to valafar's car and than the Red tried to go three wide, and you can see the silver car getting hit by the outside (red) car and starting the chain reaction. Anyone see it otherwise?

Pat

If you look at the other video you will see that is not what happened but as Drago said they are moving on. Now I do have a bone to pick with you. I do find it strange that someone who knowingly sends a cheated up car to the June Sprints and than hides ( not coming on here) has enough balls to call out another driver for anything.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

Pat

If you look at the other video you will see that is not what happened but as Drago said they are moving on. Now I do have a bone to pick with you. I do find it strange that someone who knowingly sends a cheated up car to the June Sprints and than hides ( not coming on here) has enough balls to call out another driver for anything.
Nice try at trying to avert the attention from what happened at the Runoffs Jamie. We did have a non compliant car, but it was certainly not knowingly, but, I will take the heat for it and have in the past.

The problem is the drving at the Runoffs. [yep]

I would have liked to have had a full tear down on my car, to help clear any misconception that my car is 100 % legal, but, hard to do with the 1.6 at R/A.

At least my driver had the balls to come up an race unlike some.

Maybe next year [Big Grin]

[ 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: pat slattery ]

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Mike Anzaldi

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Anzaldi     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Pineda:
quote:

Silver car kept moving right until contact occured. The racing line is a car width left of the silver car. Looks like a case of two stubborn drivers playing chicken, expecting the other to yield. Completely innocent white car got collected.
go fly a kite.

--------------------
Mike

Mike LL

quote:
quote:
quote:

go fly a kite.
+1

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:

go fly a kite.

KRS

Region: Central
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KRS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.:
quote:
quote:
quote:

go fly a kite.

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dItd36MWPhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-mWm5Emj1A&feature=player_embedded#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEZxEleuPPc

For your viewing pleasure.
wheel

KRS

Region: Central
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KRS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by KRS:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.:
quote:
quote:
quote:

go fly a kite.

My post should have read +1 to Mike. Lets all move on...the race was last week.

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
quote:
quote:

Pat

Nice try at trying to avert the attention from what happened at the Runoffs Jamie. We did have a non compliant car, but it was certainly not knowingly, but, I will take the heat for it and have in the past.

The problem is the drving at the Runoffs. [yep]

I would have liked to have had a full tear down on my car, to help clear any misconception that my car is 100 % legal, but, hard to do with the 1.6 at R/A.

At least my driver had the balls to come up an race unlike some.

Maybe next year [Big Grin]

Pat don't come on here trying to tell people you did not know that your car was illegal. I know for a FACT that you ordered the engine just as you ran it. Sorry but you nor your son had the balls to come on here after getting caught. As I remember you have called out other drivers in the past for doing the same thing (or at least what many thought was the same thing; including me). Now your on here after you think you are in the clear and no one cares about the sprints piling on to a topic that has been beat to death. The parties involved asked to drop it so many of us did.
I take it you are talking about me not showing up for the runoffs. It is a good thing I couldn't or your son would have been pushed back another position. Not a mistake I will make in the future. Peace out!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Mike Anzaldi

we'll assume you meant...peace out.

--------------------
Mike

Page 4 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: