Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata » Calling all SM Racers: Hallett Oct 23/24 $250

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Calling all SM Racers: Hallett Oct 23/24 $250
Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Track owner Connie Stephens has sent out an invite to the Spec Miata community to have a race to complement their Indycar race this weekend.

The race will be counter-clockwise. It is $125 each day, which gets you two practice sessions, a qualifying session and a 20-lap race.

20 laps at Hallett? Hope you are in good shape!

This track is fantastic. If you haven't been, this is a low-cost opportunity to try it out.

Presently, only 11 SMs are registered.

Who are those eleven? Who else is coming? I'm working to free up the time so I can make it.

For details, visit hallettracing.com

Even if you can't come, please post your thoughts about this track and the workers who run it. I think they are stellar.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bump-drafting.
Bueller?

A 20-lap race is about an hour at Hallett!

Wow!

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

20 laps at 1:30 is only 30 minutes, right?

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Isnt the National 28 laps?

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Matt Reynolds

Region: Southwest
Car #: 74
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

national is 25... sometimes i wish it was 28

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Reynolds:
national is 25... sometimes i wish it was 28

SOMETIMES I WISH IT WERE 3, 7 OR 10 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Good, you guys took the bait!

You are correct. A lap at Hallett can be as fast as 1:28 something. But if I were on the track by myself, it might take me the whole hour!

With a 5-minute pace lap and a 10-minute caution, it would be close to 45 minutes. Right?

The races I've done at Hallett have always been less than 12 laps. I'm exhausted and unfocused by then, so I'm wondering what 20 laps would be like.

Eric

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Barbaric:
Good, you guys took the bait!

I'm exhausted and unfocused by then, so I'm wondering what 20 laps would be like.

Eric

Try 25 laps within a few car lengths of Matt teh entire time, either in front or behind you if you wnat to know tired [Smile] For one reason, he isnt even sweating in Jly when he gets out of the car! Damn kids! Do love that track though.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Surely he's got to break a sweat with all that hair!

As for me, I prefer to use my testosterone for other growth areas.

Ramjet 8 Verified Driver

Region: MWD
Car #: 91
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ramjet 8     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think I read from Connie that there was going to be a payout also. That should bring out the carnage!!! That means bump drafting or without the drafting is legit. And possibly with limited corner workers you could possibly cut across from T4 to T7 or from T 1 1/2 to T7. Plus they may even invert the field from front to back. That should just about make it even.

Are you going to be there Roger? I want to follow you on those suggested shortcuts!

Yes, there is a payout.

Ramjet 8 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ramjet 8     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nope, I think I am done with racing. Spec Boxster and Spec Miatas and all parts are for sale including FL60 Crewcab Freightliner and 50' United Expressline Stacker if anyone is interested and I have alot of spares!!!!

Matt Reynolds

Region: Southwest
Car #: 74
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't think anyone is truely ever "done" with racing Roger. Maybe just a temporary hiatus!

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

I'm in. Who else will be there?

$125 for each day which includes two practice sessions, a qualifying session and a 20-lap race. Plus you get watch Indycars on the track in between sessions!

What a deal!

Ramjet 8 Verified Driver

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Reynolds:
I don't think anyone is truely ever "done" with racing Roger. Maybe just a temporary hiatus!

I think we are ready to close the chapter on this book. The wife said today that she had a call with interest in her car and I did also. So we will see if they both go we are done.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: