Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » NASA at Thunderhill - March 8-9 - Who's in??

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NASA at Thunderhill - March 8-9 - Who's in??
dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is it too early for a roll call for the NASA event at Thunderhill the second weekend in March? Wondering how many folks will make it out here prior to the SCCA national the following weekend or the SCCA regional season opener at Infineon a couple weeks later...

Finally got 'ol number 72 out of the shop and into the paint booth (Thanks, Dan!) Final touches going on this weekend and then she'll be ready to race.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. I may sign up to run the alternate race group in addition to the SM group.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Sean Yepez Verified Driver
Team Keeblerspeed

Region: SF
Car #: 94
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hope to attend either this NASA date or the SCCA Double National the week after.

--------------------
2008 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Come on Sean, go for both NASA and SCCA national weekends! That's my plan.

-Juan

--------------------

Team Keeblerspeed

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am very busy during the week immediately after the Double National. I don't plan on qualifying for the Runoffs this year. Therefore, I don't feel like running it especially if I get enough time on TH with NASA. I'll think about it, Juan. [Smile]

--------------------

Chad L. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SFR
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chad L.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

gonna try for the NASA race.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sean,

As a little extra incentive for you to bring out your new wagon to see what it can do, I've got a great announcement to make! Jerry has agreed to put up an extra $1000 dollars this weekend so that BOTH races during this weekend will pay out. Here's the twist - the same person can't win the $$$ on both days. That is, if the same driver were to win on Saturday and Sunday, the Sunday purse money would go to the driver finishing second. Got it? Spreads the love and provides an incentive to race hard all weekend!

Please note that this is a one-off "enhancement" to the format. The series will be sticking to the single-$1000-purse race per weekend going forward, but expect a few other twists along the way to keep it fun and interesting.

BTW - How do I know all this? Jerry has asked me to take, and I've accepted, the position of Nor Cal NASA SM series Director. So, expect to hear a lot of good things from me this season about the expanding SM program at NASA Nor Cal. On the flip side, I'm VERY interested to hear any and all feedback from those of you who participate that have ideas to improve the series and from those of you who have chosen not to participate about what might entice you to give it a try.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would love to as I need racing experience. I just don't know if the funds are there for both NASA, and then SCCA within a few weeks of each other.

Unfortunately Dean, the winnings aren't an incentive for this Sean, as I know I don't have a chance at even a top 15.. [banghead] go figure. Maybe sometime in the future [scratchchin]

Chad L. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chad L.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dean...Since you are the director now you are not eligible for the purse right. [Wink]

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You know depending on weather I might be attending this race weekend to get some more experience. Can't get better without experience!

Donna P
my car color: Bruise

Car #: 8
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Donna P   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thomas Appointed Nor Cal Spec Miata Director
Posted on Friday, February 22 @ 16:06:40 PST
Topic: Racing News
Richmond, CA (02/22/08) The Nor Cal office announced the appointment of Dean Thomas as Nor Cal Spec Miata Challenge Director. “Thomas brings a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to the table,” commented Jerry Kunzman, Nor Cal Regional Director. “He should be just what the program needed for a boost.” NASA Nor Cal launched an all new format for 2008, featuring separate races for SMC cars; as well as $1,000 paid to the winner of the main race.

“NASA has a great program, which includes at least two races per weekend,” said Thomas. “I am excited to be part of the effort in making SMC the best racing in Nor Cal.”

--------------------
Donna Porter, RN-ICU
SFR SM 8
http://www.specmiatasuperstore.com
http://www.specmiatawest.com

We're up to 20 cars entered for this coming weekend!! I'm still working on a couple of other folks, so I hope to see that number still increase.

We've got cash prizes down to 6th place, a hard-charger award for the best improvement Saturday to Sunday and our own dedicated paddock space for Miata's right in front of the main building.

The weather could be sketchy for Sunday, so that has the potential to shuffle up the finishing order... Bring your rain tires and think about your rain setup!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Veteran Member

It's suppose to rain!? phooey, I thought it said Sunny...

Team Keeblerspeed

Will the AIM guys be paying out to 6th on Saturday or Sunday?

--------------------

The AIM sponsored payout to 6th place will be for the Sunday race.

Saturday will be a winner-take-all $1000 purse.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Veteran Member

Dean, I have a recommendation. Since they opened up PTE and are trying to get more Sm cross over into the other group, it might be best to split them up a bit during the day. The SM race is at 3, while the PTE race is at 350. Not critical, but that gives us less than 20 minutes to relax. I'm assuming most people will not even paddock, instead come off the track right to pre grid.

Veteran Member

Weather looking good at this point. Rain has moved to Monday.

-Juan

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: