Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2007 WOR Games - Who's in ?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 2007 WOR Games - Who's in ?
D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who's in for WOR Games at Mid Ohio the weekend of Oct 6th and 7th ? Please chime in !!

JST #16 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: GLD. # 16
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JST #16     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. I need to return about 20 lbs. of gravel that I picked up during the Autumn Classic courtesy of China beach. [Eek!]

Who knew a Miata could be a good dump truck? [Razz]

--------------------
Jeff Thompson
SM #16 - Detroit Region
Great Lake Division

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

D&D are in. No rain!

JeffG11 Verified Driver

Car #: 11
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JeffG11   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am up for a second trip to Mid-O. Some dry time on the track would be cool.

Jeff

--------------------
 -

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Provided the Dr. gives me an ok to race next week i'll be there. I will also be really slow as I will be learning to left foot brake as my surgery has left me no feeling in my right foot. On the floor will be no problem, but modulating brakes would be a wee bit tricky.

db

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 6 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm planning on being there, and would really like to have some dry track time.

As for the left foot braking, start practicing now. I've been working on it in autocrossing, and for me it is a very slow process of learning (must be the old age). I don't know if I am ready to try it in road racing yet.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Region: Neohio
Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
I don't know if I am ready to try it in road racing yet.

Yeah, you don't want to "clutch" the brake pedal with your left foot. This is also known as a "Budwit" if done on the start. [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Watts, WTF, did you paint your pile?
You actually spent some money? I saw you in line for food one day at Mid Ohio and when you opened your wallet I swear I saw a moth fly out
[Smash]
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Just going in circles

Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, when all you competitors took my beautiful ride and turned all the panels in to origami, I just had to fix her up. Almost made a full 5 years on the original sheet metal. In fact, I blame Bennett for telling everyone. They listened and took aim. [nope]

But I think I was the only one dumb enough for painting the car just before the big National Championships. [fight] Luckily, only on spot of tire run on the driver-side numbers. I just had fun beating you with a car that had the aero of your truck.

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Watts bought food at Mid Ohio ? How did he get approved for the loan ?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by D Watts:
quote:

Yeah, you don't want to "clutch" the brake pedal with your left foot. This is also known as a "Budwit" if done on the start. [Eek!] [Razz]
Clutching the brake hasn't been my problem (yet); the communication link between head and left foot seems to be easily taken over by the right foot communication. Brake modulation just isn't there yet. I'm also concerned about pulling the "Anti-Budwit" where I go into Turn 7 and find myself trying to modulate the clutch. Probably not a great way to make it through that corner.

Jerry

--------------------

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:
How did he get approved for the loan ?

A. Money he saved from buying one motor and one paint job in 60+ weekends of racing [Smile]

B. Runoffs / Topeka vacation budget available for reallocation! [Smile]

C. He won the Specmiata.Com/East Street Auto Parts Hard Luck Award at the NASA Championships [Smile]

D. He put up one of his 13 street cars as collateral [Smile]

TSouth Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincinnati
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TSouth     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
Hey Watts, WTF, did you paint your pile?
You actually spent some money? I saw you in line for food one day at Mid Ohio and when you opened your wallet I swear I saw a moth fly out
[Smash]
Howard

Hey Howard, don't you hate getting your [butthead] handed to you by such an alleged tightwad? [Big Grin] I wonder what David could do with the biggest power in GLDiv?

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 B(Kuch) Kucera 45 has just turned 43 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wonder what David could do with the biggest power in GLDiv?[/QB][/QUOTE]

The better question would be,how would Dave W do without his pit crew? [scratchchin] [duck] [fight] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

Easy Dave, I resemble that!!

The upsetting part is that of all the crazy stuff I've done, that one's now my namesake...?! [flamed]

Why not give me credit for the 2-1-3 shift? Or perfecting the use of bent front lower control arms? Maybe mounting the tire wall at Nelson? All, major accomplishments.... [Big Grin]

Oh, and I'm planning on doing the WOR games. The car won't look as good as the Wattmobile, but no one would expect it to.. [Razz]

Eric

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

Hey I got the wrong end of the deal on that one!

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

Just going in circles

quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:
How did he get approved for the loan ?

E. Kim worked some overtime. And that should answer Kuch's point: I'd be nowhere without my pit crew. Last year, she had to work the weekend...and I ran out of gas on the 2nd lap of qualifying. Who knew? [Confused]

Eric, it was hard picking one...but you put more holes in the Nelson wire wall than there are turns! [Razz] Of course if it rains at WOR games, my money is on you!

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Veteran Member

Hey Dave,maybe you should give your pit crew (her) a big raise! [Big Grin]

No pun intended! [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Of course if it rains at WOR games, my money is on you!

That's all well & good, but if anyone shows up with a set of REAL rain tires, I'm toast....

Besides, everyone seems to want some dry time at M-O & I wouldn't want to rain on their parade. (pun intended) [Cool]

Icon 6 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric,

"I wouldn't want to rain on their parade."

That would hurt if it wasn't true.

Jerry

--------------------

terrya Verified Driver

Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrya     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well the car backs togehter and gone through since the Nelson 24 hour. So we will make the trip. [yep]

--------------------
Abbott Motorsports
Vector Race cars-FV
and now a Tin top

Alan

Region: cendiv
Car #: 14
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How does the weather look?

--------------------
Alan Faitel
3 Time Waterfordhills.com raceway SM Champion
If you Cant Win the Race, then practicing Your Drifting

Alan

Region: cendiv
Car #: 14
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How does the weather look?

--------------------
Alan Faitel
3 Time Waterfordhills.com raceway SM Champion
If you Cant Win the Race, then practicing Your Drifting

Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

beautiful, 80's

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Just going in circles

Hey Howie - I saw your car is for sale. Can I buy it from you after qualifying?? [Razz]

(Note to self: move seat back 2 feet and remove pedal extensions.)

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

quote:
Hey Howie - I saw your car is for sale. Can I buy it from you after qualifying?? [Razz]

(Note to self: move seat back 2 feet and remove pedal extensions.)

[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dr. said...maybe--if I keep off my feet and no walking exerting etc. That kinda feels like a no. I gotta get some work done to run and i'm guessing I need brakes. IF I get up there can someone help me get the car prepped so that all I need to do is hop in and drive? I have one potential crew member that has not been to a race since 1994 so probably not gonna be much help. Seriously is anybody willing to help out with the little odds and ends if I show?

db

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by spdmonkey:
Dr. said...maybe--if I keep off my feet and no walking exerting etc. That kinda feels like a no. I gotta get some work done to run and i'm guessing I need brakes. IF I get up there can someone help me get the car prepped so that all I need to do is hop in and drive? I have one potential crew member that has not been to a race since 1994 so probably not gonna be much help. Seriously is anybody willing to help out with the little odds and ends if I show?

Speedmonkey:
Doctor's advise is generally overrated. My orthopod "suggested" that I not race four days after knee surgery last weekend. So what if I had to go back to crutches for two days. What does that prove anyway??? [Wink]
Rick

P.S. I won't be there but good luck to all of you heathens. I'm off to Western NY to see the fall colors with the crew chief!
db

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Veteran Member

db stop by the pits and I'll see what I can do to help you out!

What kind of work are you looking to get done?

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

Basic stuff like brake pads and torquing bolts etc. I have not touched the car since May and I don't remember what needed to be done. At the current time I can't really walk without a cane and lots of pain meds. I stopped the meds in preparation for the weekend, but that just makes it all the more difficult to do anything car related. I will try to load it on the trailer and if that goes ok then i'll try to make the 45 minute drive to the track. My problem is just walking around during the course of a weekend. What I really need to do is drive the car and then get out and sit around. Sort of like a Champ Car driver except without all the data downloading [Big Grin] . Or a showroom stock driver [burst] [burst] [burst] . In any case if I get up there i'll try and stay out of everybody's way. If you happen to be around me maybe you can torque my wheels or check the oil etc... I gotta go throw a battery charger on the car and figure out how to install the HANS anchors in my helmet. If it starts and I can get it on the trailer i'll try to be there. Thanks all.

db

ps...if you don't come and help me i'll have your GLDIV regional points erased. Ok not really since I can't get a trophy as I did not do 5 races this year.

Veteran Member

I wont be out there until Sat.morning,so I will help you out as much as I can if you make it.

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: