Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » OK Miata ???

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: OK Miata ???
G Rea Verified Driver

Region: Oregon
Car #: 418
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for G Rea     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know if OK Miata is still in business. I ordered some parts a few weeks back and received part of the order. After that I have been unable to contact them by phone or email.
Gary

Chris Taylor

Region: LSR
Car #: Yours?
Year : will race 4 food
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Taylor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a customer ask me about them last week as he was waiting on a set of pads; he eventually caught them on the phone, and they promptly sent... the wrong pads. There's a thread on this board addressing some customer service issues, also pointing out that it's a home-based business and the family has had some issues "recently".

Good luck.

--------------------
http://www.taylorrotorsports.com

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Similar experience here. Tried e-mail & phone several times, then sourced parts elsewhere. Too bad. Hope things work out for them.

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Same here, I was going to order some wheels and tried to reach them for 2 weeks, then gave up.

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I placed two orders with them last year and both times it took over 30 days to get the whole order. I had to call multiple times to ever get everything and they were very hard to get on the phone.

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I too hope every thing is alright. But in the meantime if you need anything we probably have it.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
But in the meantime if you need anything we probably have it.

Plug Wires?

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Wes Saunders

Region: Florida
Year : '92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Wes Saunders     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They had a nice grille opening screen. Does anyone else carry this?

--------------------
'90 SM
2006 SSM North East Enduro Champion

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alan - Mazdaspeed has 8.5mm @ good price.

Wes - Check Moss Motors.

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had the same problem paid for the parts and weeks went by and no parts. Called many times with no call back. Finaly had my bank repalce the money back into my account then she called me right back. later found out she never placed the order with her supplier. Great prices just don't plan on seeing any parts for this season

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Saunders:
They had a nice grille opening screen. Does anyone else carry this?

Try Ace Hardware. Nice selection..some assembly required. Very reasonable price.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Seems to have been am issue for some time. Last year it took multiple calls to get the adjustable end links I ordered. Too bad because they seem to have had a great (nearly) captive market.
Oh well.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

G Rea Verified Driver

Region: Oregon
Car #: 418
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for G Rea     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I sent them an overnight signature required letter cancelling the balance of the order so we will see what happens.
Gary

David de Regt Verified Driver

Region: NWR
Car #: 47/479
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had to call them several (3?) times before they finally shipped my parts... Total PITA... As said earlier, great prices, but don't order anything if it's remotely time-sensitive... Like on the timescale of months...

--------------------
My Spec Miata Build Sheet - Hope people find it useful
 -

ExRoadRacer

Region: CSCC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ExRoadRacer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I should have read this thread 2 weeks ago... I ordered my new seat through them, they said the order would be shipped in the Morning and to expect it Monday. It's Monday.

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've never ordered anything from them, but only because they don't have online ordering. That's my minimum criteria for a vendor. If they don't make the minimal effort to do online orders, they're likely going to lack in other areas as well.

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

there is another thread about "subpar" or "mediocre" miata. this has been a recurring theme for some time. I cringe whenever I see someone recommend them...

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

Shop Teacher

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried to get on the Ok Miata web site and I think thet are Kaput. Wonder why that happened?

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Bill Pruitt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
You know you miss him...

Region: WMR
Car #: 18
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bill Pruitt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bear Stearns...Washington Mutual...OK Miata...this thing is gonna get outta hand.

Shop Teacher

Hey maybe Bush will bail them out?

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: