Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » SM Wreck during Sat Qual Race. (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: SM Wreck during Sat Qual Race.
rx7driver Verified Driver

Region: NASA GL - SCCA Stl Cities
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just want to to say at huge THANK YOU to all of the folks that contributed to me getting back on track for sunday's races.

John Guthrie used his saturday evening to help get my car drivable. We took it to his shop and he pulled the frame out enough to get me back on track.

Also, Mike at the winning formula come through big again. He helped me put the suspension back together and got the alignment to a point where I could drive it. The car was by no means perfect, but I was able to race.

Dan Fargo, Brian Domont, Tom Fowler and others all helped get me the parts I needed.

I really thought that there was no chance of me running and my weekend was over, but I had an enjoyable SM race and was able to get 2nd place in PTF.

Thanks Everyone,

Greg S.
#32 SM

PS. If anyone has video, I would love to see it and/or get a copy.

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greg,
Watching you drive on those little 165 bridgestones in the PTF race was a hell of an education for me considering how tweaked your car was!

Proof that a good driver can drive anything, and that all those reasons we give for goin slow... they are just excuses!

Great job man! BTW, it was like deja vu for me when I saw you sitting there backwards in the middle of the track, thank god I had space this year!

PS sorry no video Saturday, but I have a nice shot of you catching and passing my sorry ass on Sunday!!!!

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to persevere Greg! You put on a good show Sunday.

That Johnny is a pretty good guy.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll try to get my video on Youtube tonight.

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greg
We were all pretty lucky there... it could have been far worse. Pombos video is down right scary.
I never thought that car would see a track again. It was pretty messed up
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Not the greatest quality, but here is the in car video from my view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNWoqlNU-3I

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Holy smokes! Did you have to change your panties after that one? [Smile]

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Steve Johnson Verified Driver

Region: KC Region
Car #: 41
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think I shat my panties for him. That might have been better than my spin in Topeka.

--------------------
Stephen Johnson
#41 Mid-Div

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greg
Sure looks like the 50 car put you off? My thud was the first of the two. The video does nothing to show how hard that car was hit. Hopefully Pombo puts his up
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Jim,

I think your right. I think I really could have done well this weekend if it wasn't for this incident, but I really don't think Howard meant to do it and he may have had help from Pombo. Obviously I wish it didn't happen, but I guess that's racing sometimes.

I am just really thankful to everyone that helped me get back on track. I am also thankful to everyone that passed by me without hitting me head on also.

As Brian Murdick pointed put to me, I really had some mixed luck this weekend. I won the GX2 data system. (Good Luck) Got pushed off track and hit hard in the biggest wreck of the weekend. (Bad Luck) Had a lot of help getting back on track to earn $2000.00 in PTF. (Good Luck)

Overall, it was a fun weekend.

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Johnson:
I think I shat my panties for him.

+1 !!!!!

Holy Bat$shit that was nuts

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think I have watched this about 100 times tonight. Serious heads up driving to all those that avoided the head on. Been there done that sitting in traffic hoping you live through it. Props to Greg for trying to get the car started and getting it in neutral in the face of 50 insane cars coming at full speed. Watch his hands. Good job buddy. Balls of steel.... [thumbsup]

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Blake Hinsey Verified Driver

Region: South-West
Car #: 88 / 188
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Hinsey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was one of the people to gladly dodge you. You guys really scared the crap out of me. I was inches from the front of my car looking like the back of yours. I'm glad everyone is alright! It's amazing you got your car back together.

--------------------
Interstate Truck Rental
http://www.goITR.com

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Region: SFR
Car #: 82/73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did anyone else find themselves leaning way from the oncoming traffic when watching the video? [Wink]

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Phew, that was close!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kim Ouye:
Did anyone else find themselves leaning way from the oncoming traffic when watching the video? [Wink]

Yeah which is exactly what I did when I turned to miss him on the track! Watching the video really doesn't show how hard you were hit Greg.

Again, nice comeback to get in the race!

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
Greg
Sure looks like the 50 car put you off? My thud was the first of the two. The video does nothing to show how hard that car was hit. Hopefully Pombo puts his up
Jim

I didn't touch Greg. We were close but he probably was hit from behind. Glad you weren't hurt.
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

racinglawyer Verified Driver
Old Member

Region: NEPA
Car #: 0
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tony,

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo

Old Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tony,
You scared the hell out of me. I saw those numbers "99" on your door as your car went up in the air and thought "here we go again" Just like your 2006 wreck. I was sure you were going to come over my hood as your car begain to rise after the impact. I didn't get a scratch all week so I consider myself real lucky.

I'm getting ready for a major trial, but I'll try to get my video on my laps so everyone can see.

Nice driving on Sunday to beat the crap out of me. I love racing with you , it helps me keep my sanity after trying cases for over 43 years.

Love from the "commander" Mike

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My take on Sunday was that it was great racing, but a bit contentious at mid pack. My rear bumper cover has more battle scars (by a factor of ten) from that one race, than the five years preceding it. That said, the side by side driving was well done and from my perspective, nearly everyone gave space when it counted.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Finish Line Productions

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Finish Line Productions   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is the in-car video from Devin Cates #23 of the Saturday Race incident.

http://www.catesracing.com/flp/videos/2008_Nationals_SM_Sat_Race_23.wmv

--------------------
Chris Schutze
Finish Line Productions &
Crew Member for Brian Cates SM#21
chris@finishlineprod.net

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tough hit Greg, glad you are okay. No contact from me on the inside as Fowler had just come through three wide in T8 and I knew we were three wide again at the bottom of the hill. I think three wide was pretty hairy all weekend and wish there was more give than take. Sorry you got caught on the outside as it looks like you did have help from someone. My brother's car was hit pretty hard as well and I am glad everyone is okay.

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greg,

Nice to meet you. Wish it would have been on terms other than our cars being smashed.

I was hit by a few but I was curious as to who laid the final boom on me in that mess? I was in the silver #51. The paint all over the bumper was blue if that helps.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Some of you seem to be implying that I may have driven off by myself. I absolutely guarantee you that I did NOT, and I think if you watch the video, you can obviously see where I was bumped and went off. I was thru the turn and going straight for goodness sake and then you see a jolt and me off in the grass. How can you even say that Maybe I got help??????????? I was definitely hit.

Like I said above, I am not that upset about it, I mean people are racing hard, but the fact is that someone definitely hit me and caused the whole thing.

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

SWDouglass Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal. & CalClub
Car #: 27
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SWDouglass     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a good view of the resulting carnage behind you and will try to upload it tonight.

One car dodging left and jumping a few feet in the air as it ht the car on the left.
Thank god I guessed correctly by going left and then right to aviod the other carnage.

It was a pleasure and an honor to race with all of you!

--------------------
31st in the nation. If I could keep the car on the track and put on the oil cap I could be in the top 20.

MegaModerator

Greg,

I felt/saw the first bump that sent you off the first time I watched the video. Did that driver not come talk to you? That would upset me quite a bit.

Glad you are okay and made the best of the situation.

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

SWDouglass Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal. & CalClub
Car #: 27
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SWDouglass     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwrPYzWOYrE Here is my video.

--------------------
31st in the nation. If I could keep the car on the track and put on the oil cap I could be in the top 20.

Phew, that was close!

Sean,
That's me! I never realized my rear end went that high! UGH! that video clears a couple things up for me thanks for posting it.

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Casey Z:
Greg,

I felt/saw the first bump that sent you off the first time I watched the video. Did that driver not come talk to you? That would upset me quite a bit.

Glad you are okay and made the best of the situation.

No one has owned up to it yet... I wish someone would post video showing what happened

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My video shows a white car getting sandwiched between Pombo on the right and Greg on the left. Looks like Pombo wiggled a tad, and the white car moved over to give room and hit Greg. Of course, there may be more to the story, or even less. Further along in the video you can figure out who was in the white car if you are good at the shell game. I believe it was the car running 6th on the restart. To me, it didn't look like anything intentional.

Link is posted on the other thread. Go to the 4m mark of the Fri/Sat video.

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Phew, that was close!

Easy to see in Greg's video the car between him and Pombo is #50. Obviously not an intentional hit, 3 wide there is pretty tough.

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place

Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Lamb:
My video shows a white car getting sandwiched between Pombo on the right and Greg on the left. Looks like Pombo wiggled a tad, and the white car moved over to give room and hit Greg. Of course, there may be more to the story, or even less. Further along in the video you can figure out who was in the white car if you are good at the shell game. I believe it was the car running 6th on the restart. To me, it didn't look like anything intentional.

Link is posted on the other thread. Go to the 4m mark of the Fri/Sat video.

I think you are correct about Pombo and me. I don't think Greg and I touched, It looks like he was pushed from behind. I have no marks on my left side (body, wheels, tires, bumper) but do have a swirl from Pombo on the right. Fowler got thru on my left and Greg was following. If I did bump Greg, of course it wasn't intentional.
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

William,

The swirl was from when you drifted out into me the turn before. No hard feelings as we were three wide there also with Fowler. However, I am not about to let anyone pin this on me and imply that I hit you into Greg. That is not the case as I left plenty of room as you can see on Todd's video, there was a car width between me and the #50 and I did not wiggle at all. I had no contact in the corner where this incident occurred with anyone. Only two contacts I had all weekend were wheel rubs with the #50 X 2. One was my fault on the last lap of the race sunday from hard racing and one was from the turn before this incident when the #50 drifted into me from being 3 wide. No harm no foul on any of these.

Mat

Mat,

Any chance Mark will be able to post his video? I am very interested in seeing that. Drago stated that it is down right scary.

Greg

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

I will check with him to see. He has a vintage Hi-8 sony cam that I'm not sure we can get into the right format. I'm sure someone knows how, but we are not very tech saavy. I will see what we can come up with. Glad you are doing okay as Jim was right in that it was a huge hit. Talk soon.

Mat

quote:
Originally posted by mat pombo:
William,

The swirl was from when you drifted out into me the turn before. No hard feelings as we were three wide there also with Fowler. However, I am not about to let anyone pin this on me and imply that I hit you into Greg. That is not the case as I left plenty of room as you can see on Todd's video, there was a car width between me and the #50 and I did not wiggle at all. I had no contact in the corner where this incident occurred with anyone. Only two contacts I had all weekend were wheel rubs with the #50 X 2. One was my fault on the last lap of the race sunday from hard racing and one was from the turn before this incident when the #50 drifted into me from being 3 wide. No harm no foul on any of these.

Mat

who is William [Razz]
I didn't mean to imply that you pushed me into Greg at all. You did leave me plenty of racing room. I would race dodr to door with you anyday without fear. No harm no foul here too!
Howard

--------------------

You da man. Was just clearing the air. We talked a a lot after every race and I knew the two of us had great fun door to door. Can"t wait to do it again. Talk to you soon.

mat

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bad situation for all, glad to see everyone made it out okay. I'd be interested to see anyone's video in the middle of the field to see who clobbered the #51. Big hit there too.

A little give and take on the opening lap could have saved a bunch of people a bunch of money and time. Mid Ohio is a bad place to race with 60 cars, as is Topeka.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This photographer caught 5 shots showing the lead in (photo 91), moment before/of impact (photo 92), and aftermath (photos 93-95)...

http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/photo92.html

Greg - very happy to have missed you (exit grassy-stage right)and amazed your car reappeared for battle!

Howard,

It looks pretty offical. U da man.

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

Old Member

quote:
Originally posted by rx7driver:
Not the greatest quality, but here is the in car video from my view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNWoqlNU-3I

Greg. You were Lucky, Real Lucky.

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

Jon Felton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Felton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Drennan:
This photographer caught 5 shots showing the lead in (photo 91), moment before/of impact (photo 92), and aftermath (photos 93-95)...

http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/photo92.html

This is that photographer. Greg if there is any question remaining in your mind, I have the whole series of 20+ images that I'm happy to share. The ones in the link above are just the highlights...

Jon

MegaModerator

If you put a link to all in that series, it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to see if there was anyway I could have missed it as well
Great shots by the way. The photographers always know where the action is going to be! [Big Grin]
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Jon Felton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Felton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As requested...

http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4768.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4769.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4770.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4771.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4772.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4773.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4774.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4775.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4776.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4777.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4778.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4779.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4780.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4781.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4782.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4783.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4784.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4785.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4786.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4787.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4788.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4789.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4790.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4791.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4792.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4793.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4794.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4795.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4796.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4797.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4798.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4799.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4800.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4801.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4802.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4803.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4804.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4805.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4806.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4807.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4808.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4809.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4810.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4811.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4812.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4813.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4814.jpg
http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4815.jpg

and

http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/4817.jpg

Hope it helps,

Jon

quote:
Howard,

Nope not me! The pictures don't lie. We were next to each other in pictures 71 and 72 but hadn't turned the corner yet. In 73 and 74 I was not even close to you. Looks to me like the marbles got you or the car behind you bumped you.
Howard

--------------------

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This is like the Zapruder film. Jon were you standing on a grassy knoll?

Jon Felton

More like a muddy knoll, but... yes. ;-)

Here it is in scrolling format if anyone prefers (a fast internet connection and a screen at least 1200 pixels wide are both needed to get the full effect):

http://www.get-fast.net/gallery/nasa08champ/sm_sat_start/index2.html

Enjoy,

Jon

T.J. Kearney Verified Driver
Male Member

Region: Finger Lakes
Car #: 85
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for T.J. Kearney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The 50 car ran the 32 car into the grass. you can in fact see smoke from the contact in 4772.

--------------------
Tom Kearney
SSM #85
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

(Deleted) Frame 71 shows that tire swirl on the bumper of 32 car was already there.

Initially, I thought that might have produced the smoke.

In frame 72 it appears the 32 car's right front has left the ground. Maybe from impact. Maybe not.

Maybe tires touched? That would produce smoke pretty fast. And it certainly would lift a tire.

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
quote:
Howard,

Nope not me! The pictures don't lie. We were next to each other in pictures 71 and 72 but hadn't turned the corner yet. In 73 and 74 I was not even close to you. Looks to me like the marbles got you or the car behind you bumped you.
Howard

Howard
You have lost your mind... [boggled] Not intentional, perhaps not avoidable. But lots of torn up cars in this mess. You mean you dont see your car up against Gregs? You dont see the bump in th video? Was there a gremlin between you two? [duck]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

vpnwiz

Region: Great Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for vpnwiz   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
quote:
Howard,

Howard

Howard
You have lost your mind... [boggled] Not intentional, perhaps not avoidable. But lots of torn up cars in this mess. You mean you dont see your car up against Gregs? You dont see the bump in th video? Was there a gremlin between you two? [duck]

FWIW Howards response after running me off track in August was the same. [Roll Eyes] I asked him why he turned into me coming around the carousel... he said he was just taking his "normal line" and the marbles got me.

That's not what my video shows though.

Patrick

[ 09-19-2008, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: vpnwiz ]

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: