Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Pro Miata » Miata Meltdown at Miller open for Registration!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Miata Meltdown at Miller open for Registration!
Jonlee

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonlee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

"Miata Meltdown" Sept. 13-14th!

Registration is now open for the 1st annual "Miata Meltdown" at Miller Motorsports Park using the full 4.5 mile course! We will also be running as a support race for the SCCA Pro Mx-5 cup, and Grand-am racing. Grand-am will be bringing the Koni Challenge as well as the Rolex Daytona Prototypes and GT cars.

The Miata Meltdown will feature the alwyays exciting Spec Miata! This race will be sanctioned as an SCCA regional meaning that all regional rules will apply to the event with the exception being the tires. This race will require the use of the Toyo Ra-1 in the 205/50/15 size for spec miata competition. Otherwise all SM rules as written in the GCR will be followed.

We are viewing this as a Semi-Pro event and there will be prizes awarded to the top finishers including cash payouts for 1,2,3 based on a 25 car field. For every 5 entries over 25 we will increase the overall payout and bump a payout position out to the next finisher. For example at 30 cars we willl award cash to 4th at 35 cars to 5th and 40 cars to 6th........etc....
Current amount is at
1st $1,700
2nd $1,000
3rd $700

There will also be prizes awarded by Mazda that we will use for the Late Breaker and hot lap awards. There will also be other stuff avaialble so everyone that comes to this race will have a good time and hopefully leave with some good stuff!
Entry fees are set at $375 and every dollar you spend is going back to the event. The Utah Region is not profiting any way from this race. All we want is to put on a Great Race and make sure you all have a great time!

Below are some links to some local information with the registration link on top:

Online Registration, Payment is accepted through Paypal (prefered) and at the track. If you are waiting to register because you don't have the funds please register now and select "Check" in the payment section becasue we want your name and car number on the program and schedule for the spectators! Also please select a T-shirt size so that we can get an accurate size and count for all the racers (there is no additional charge we just want you to have the right size).
http://www.dlbracing.com//clubs/gcr.aspx?eventID=29...ing.aspx%3fEventID%3d2966

Area Hotels:
http://saltlakecity.airporthotelguide.com/airporthotels.html
I did this search and came up with a few area hotels by the airport. Prices ranging from $60-150 a night. Some downtown SLC hotels also came up and it would be about another 5-10 minute drive into town from the airport if you want to stay in Salt Lake. =30-35 minute drive to track from SLC and a 25 minute drive from the airport.

Here are some hotels in Tooele with Miller Motorsports park being outside of town on highway 112 to Sheep Lane. MMP is on Sheep Lane.
http://maps.google.com//maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q...e,+Utah&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Link to track:
http://millermotorsportspark.com/

Utah SCCA Forums:
http://forums.utahscca.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
You can use this if you have any questions that you'd like answered. Also, If you run a rental outfit or are in need of a rental for this race you may post requests here in the "Road Race" section

We'd like to thank our sponsors: Wasatch and Squatters beers,Western companies, RPMotorsport and Mazda Motorsports!

I hope you can make it!

-Jon Lee
URSCCA. R.E.
801-294-5525 if you have any questions

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.
Drinking team with a Racing problem

Jonlee

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonlee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry forgot to list it but there is a promoters test day scheduled for Wednesday the 12th. It is sponsored by MMP at a cost of $375. You get 2, 50 minute sessions and arrangements can be made by calling Jill Giles at 435-277-8000

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Jonlee

If we get 38 SM entires that will put the total Mazda car count at 100 for the weekend!

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Tony Silva Verified Driver
"The Tiger"

Region: SFR
Car #: 79
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tony Silva     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Were bringing 5 SFR Miatas. The SFR guys are looking forward to racing at Miller. We still have room for more so our numbers might increase!

--------------------
Tony Silva
Atlanta Motorsports Group
http://www.atlantamotorsportsgroup.com/
Atlantamotorgroup@me.com

Jonlee

Sounds Great Tony, It'll be nice to have you out here racing with our club! We've got a great organization and are planning a good party immediatley after the race with good food and fresh beer!

As an FYI, online registration will be closing Sunday the 9th (5 days from now) and it will be very much appreciated if we could get all the racers that are attending to use this form of registration. It is very helpful to T&S as well as the gate staff if you happen to come when registration is closed.
Just in case here is the link again:
http://www.dlbracing.com//clubs/gcr.aspx?eventID=29...ing.aspx%3fEventID%3d2966

I'm really looking forward to this race!
-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

3 of us have already registered (Magnus, Dan, and moi)...I'll remind Bob and Lee to sign up.

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Kim and Tony!!

This should be a fun race, and a great weekend in general!

Please plan on coming to the BBQ friday night after the race as well!

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Retired Racer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will do. See you there Dave!

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

l. aiken

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 11
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l. aiken     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am registered (I think). Had a problem with paypal but if I recall we can pay at the track.

See you guys there.

lee

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by l. aiken:
I am registered (I think). Had a problem with paypal but if I recall we can pay at the track.

See you guys there.

lee

Lee, looks like your registration didn't go through. I've found that if there is any problems with paypal then the registration doesn't get processed.

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Leave it to the lawyer to screw up. [Wink] Dave , I believe I am correctly signed up for both, yes?. Looking forward to it. Come on SFR guys. We have more room... It's only money.. [Cool]
you guys might not let me race when you see my new avatar, courtesy of smtejas.. whew........... [crackup]

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Dan:
Leave it to the lawyer to screw up. [Wink] Dave , I believe I am correctly signed up for both, yes?. Looking forward to it. Come on SFR guys. We have more room... It's only money.. [Cool]
you guys might not let me race when you see my new avatar, courtesy of smtejas.. whew........... [crackup]

You are registered and prepaid! although I'll have to review the supps to see if we can let you run after that avatar... [censored]

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok........... sob

--------------------

Retired Racer

Oh my....

-

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

Ara Verified Driver Series Champ
MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

Car #: 11,33
Year : 99,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ara   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan, you keep messing with the avatar and it keeps making you slower....

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

quote:
Ok........... sob

Did you just call me an S.O.B.?

or are you crying? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

l. aiken

Icon 1 posted  Profile for l. aiken     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When I returned from lunch today and saw that my computer had sent a PM from Dan straight to junk mail I realized that it was once again functioning properly. Therefor, I have now registered.

lee

quote:
Originally posted by dkizerian:
quote:
Ok........... sob

Did you just call me an S.O.B.?

or are you crying? [Big Grin]

It was a sob. waaaaaaa! I'll call you and S.O.B. AFTER I meet you...hehe

--------------------

quote:
When I returned from lunch today and saw that my computer had sent a PM from Dan straight to junk mail I realized that it was once again functioning properly. Therefor, I have now registered.

lee

So I'm junk am I?? Oh well.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ara:
Dan, you keep messing with the avatar and it keeps making you slower....

This season is shot anyhow. Might as well have fun. I even find that photo disturbing.( Notice the channel locks..) Nice looking car though! to bad no go fast..You know I'm slower cause it takes ball to put this picture up. Must be the drag... [butthead] .

--------------------

MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ara   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

God, I sure hope living in the bay area doesn't affect me like it has you.

Just so I know when to get the heck out of here, how long have you been here?

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

Retired Racer

I dunno Ara...I think you're too late... [Smile]

-

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

smtejas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I must say Dan has quite the sense of humor. I didn't think he would go for my Avatar sales pitch.

During the first creative briefing, my pitch was to include the tooth fairy, the SM car, the plane, the Golden Gate and some rainbows. Well we had a small area to work with and that would be crammed, so here's the end product. Boemler got the Golden Gate & Rainbow "shaft" when he chapped my a$$ speaking about rainbow texans and our country down here, or something of that nature. With 7,000 posts and the same old clown face, it needed a rework anyway. Living on the West coast, it really didn't matter what he said at that point.

I do not look forward to the day when someone gets creative with my avatar and dishes out what I deserve. It probably will be a horses ass, or derivative of said ass. There are too many bright minds in this forum and I'm certain the day of reckoning will come. It will be time to shut up and eat crow at that time.

Meanwhile, Dan has some teeth to pull over the coming weeks.

Don

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kim Ouye:
I dunno Ara...I think you're too late... [Smile]

-

Oh my word. Look what I've started. [nope] [boggled] [help]
Next thing you know you guys will be taking donations to buy the tooth fairy costume online and make the winner and last place guy wear it post race on the podium. [scratchchin] Would that be against the sporting regs of Grand Am [rolling on floor laughin]

MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

EEEK!

Kim, I'm going to set Alison after you next weekend. She'll get you for that. [Wink]

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

who's head is that? Is that Don? Ara,I've Lived here all my life. You'll be ok. They inoculate you prior to entering Cal. So, you should be safe. Now, if you folks want I'll take it down. Don't want to freak out everyones kids. [Frown] Look what happened to me! I promise not to wear that in public. (not really me). [Wink]

d

--------------------

Jonlee

Alright, Back on topic (you guys are funny though).

Mazdaspeed will be kicking in $700 in prize money through the contingency program for 1,2,3rd place so this means that if you place you need to have your stickers in place! There will be a support trailer here so if you don't have your stickers current you can stop by and get them while you are here.

This also means that we will be able to offer prize money back to 4th! at $375!!

Registration closes on Sunday night so if you are still on the fence come on over!

-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Thanks Jon, Sorry about the silliness.. D........ What no prizes for last?

--------------------

quote:
Thanks Jon, Sorry about the silliness.. D........ What no prizes for last?

We are planning on 1-2 randomly drawn prizes or money for people that finish out of the $$$!

Keep being silly, it keeps the topic bumped!

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

l. aiken

The only reason that I signed up was that Dan said there would be a prize for last.

quote:
The only reason that I signed up was that Dan said there would be a prize for last.

When you see me in my outfit. You'll laugh so hard I doubt you'll even make it to grid..Ergo...U be last
now go beat up hoover and make sure he's making my car go..D

--------------------

l. aiken

I am already laughing both about your outfit andabout what I am having Jason do to your car.

lee

Don't be messin with the Fairys' ride bro. I got channel locks and I'm not afraid to use them!

--------------------

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Y'know, I occasionally regret being known as "The Clown", but it's bearable. You might want to think twice about whether you want to be permanently known as "The Fairy". [Wink]

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

I can take... I think..

--------------------

l. aiken

You are going to need more than channel locks to make your car go. You better bring a boatload of magic dust.

Hell, you need to outfit your trailer with a dental chair, mouth spot light and Dewalt dremel tools and write off your racing. Do exams at the track. Plenty of tools, welders and DIY assistants are around to fix decayed choppers. Wonder if Saferacers 10% off would work if you let them resell it. [Smile]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by l. aiken:
You are going to need more than channel locks to make your car go. You better bring a boatload of magic dust. [/QUOT

How about a motorhome load. bring some with willya. . know something I don't?

Jim, Let's call me the tooth fairy ok, not just fairy.. to be fair..

I'd like to thank Jon and Dave for making it easy to sign up and keeping us informed. thanks. Any chance to see an entry list..?

--------------------

Jonlee

To see the entry list just head back to DLBracing.com and select "My account" at the top of the page Once you are there you will see an image of a red car next to the race date. If you click on the car it will show you the entry list for the race.

You can also see it by selecting the "Miata Meltdown on the calendar and also clicking on the image of the red car.

See you all next week,
-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Hugh S. Sutton

Region: 107 OZMT
Car #: #71
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hugh S. Sutton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

JonLee

Thank you for your hard work and effort to put this event together. To get to race with the big show is as good as it gets.

Team Saferacer and Team MER has made it possible for me to race this event. Team Saferacer's Crew Chief Derek Gresham and I are looking forward to racing.

Thank you in advance to Charlie and Mike at Saferacer and Team MER for the support.

HSS
[Smile]

RHarris Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Wichita
Car #: 8
Year : 1992 FP
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RHarris   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good Luck Hugh. Got getem!

--------------------
Rick Harris
F Production - A place for 1.6 Miata's

http://www.v8roadsters.com/

http://jesseprathermotorsports.com/
http://www.wbrgraphics.com/
http://haremotorsports.blogspot.com/
2008 F Production National Champion

Jonlee

quote:
Originally posted by Hugh S. Sutton:
JonLee

Thank you for your hard work and effort to put this event together. To get to race with the big show is as good as it gets.

Team Saferacer and Team MER has made it possible for me to race this event. Team Saferacer's Crew Chief Derek Gresham and I are looking forward to racing.

Thank you in advance to Charlie and Mike at Saferacer and Team MER for the support.

HSS
[Smile]

No problem! I wanted to race too so it gave me a real motivator to keep the ball rolling. We are really looking forward to hosting this race and hope that everyone has a good time while they are out here.

BTW, we are on the schedule for September 19-20th, 2008 for the second running of this race for those of you that can't make it this year.

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: