Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North-East » MARRS Labor Day Double Smack

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: MARRS Labor Day Double Smack
Jason Meise Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: Lone Star / Washington DC
Car #: 54
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I've been away for a while, but have been watching from a distance. Here is what I've seen:

VINNIE - So glad you took all of our advise and stopped buying the primo engine and invested in Skip Barber's Driving school

Kenny Z - still Special K "the guy beat"

Brian Z - Very traumatic year with Bret Micheals almost dieing hasn't been able to focus 100%

Mark Thill - Good news, looks like you got fast bad news if you beat your dad too much he may take the keys

Jim Thill - Proof old guys can still be pretty quick

Bret - Well what else can you say about a guys career in club racing has lasted as long as Mark Martin's

Brunk - Still fast, still crazy in a controlled way. p.s. How's Dave? I know Foss misses him after the runoffs.

Kevin Kopp - Well here's a shock the kid we all said was going to be tough to beat soon, is fast and getting faster.

Jedd - Good to see BIG RED back at the track

Bad Al - Good ol' bad Al holding the camp down, man of few words.

Mike Collins - Cole Trickle in a miata

Chris Windsor - Getting old but still pretty dang quick

Brian Cates - Did the Radial tires on race cars scare you away for a bit. I know the last time you won a championship they were racing on bias ply tires.

SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY AT THE TRACK RBV IN HAND

If I missed anyone or your feelings hurt I really don't care but if it'll make you feel better venting. Feel free to PM me.

[ 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Lance Snyder ]

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion
http://www.ctbrakes.com
President: Bobby Carter's "washed up race car driver club"
we're always looking for "old" members

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Now DC boys THAT is SMACK talk!. Jason you need to make your comeback down in the SE. Maybe you can drum up Bobby T for a shared ride [Big Grin]

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn I miss ya all down south too.. You'll sure know how to throw down. Say hi to Farmer Fran for me next time you see him.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

Glenn Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jason I'm a Yankee now! I'm Meat's Crew slave! I miss my SM roots though, but haven the time of my life!

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pfft, you ain't a yankee until you goto hockey games on a regular basis.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Glenn Verified Driver

Lance its pronuced Howkey round here, and its been too friggin hot for ice.

--------------------
Glenn

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are you driving here?!? I may need something picked up in Dallas....

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Louis Interdonato

Region: wdc
Car #: 90
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Louis Interdonato     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well...look who's posting some smack....the king of smack himself.......that hat still looks good on you bro. Jason, are you racing? if so I will mount my rear view window cam to get you on camera.

--------------------
WDCR SM # 90 http://www.rpperformanceracing.com/

Brian Cates

Region: Washington, DC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Cates   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yo Jason Bro

Actually I last won a championship in 2008, many years after your early retirement [Wink]

So I hear you might be in town but are you ready to run with the big dogs?

Of course you will have to get by Vinnie first and that won't be easy!

MegaModerator

I am so happy that the Geritol, Jutterbug calling crowd is still racing it gives hope to young studs like me. I am flying Saturday evening and staying up in Baltimore. James Evans and I will be down Sunday afternoon to help instigate new trouble.

Vinnie I am so happy that you finally paid someone to help you learn how to drive. I'm sure racing is a lot more enjoyable now that you can see the green flag wave at the start of a race.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

Mitch Reading Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: 65
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

James Evans? Put him back in a miata!

--------------------
http://www.mitchum.ms

Ray Kopp

Car #: 6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ray Kopp   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awfully quiet. Does no one car about this double weekend?

--------------------
Ray Kopp
Kopp Motorsports
Great Falls, VA
Piper Motorsport/King Rat Motorsports
http://koppmotorsports.blogspot.com

Louis Interdonato

Region: wdc
Car #: 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Louis Interdonato     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be starting from the back for the first qualifying session.....looking for a drafting partner.....the #90 should be fast (zoom zoom)

--------------------
WDCR SM # 90 http://www.rpperformanceracing.com/

Scottie

Car #: sm 19
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I guess that will be only chance to try to follow you haha.

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Louis Interdonato:
I will be starting from the back for the first qualifying session.....looking for a drafting partner.....the #90 should be fast (zoom zoom)

Nothing handles like the #90 on the straights... If you wanna draft with Vinnie make sure have that big block powered miata behind you.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SM championship is TIGHT. Kevin is due for some good luck and Ray keeps the car running well...

Tough to bet against a Zalner/Brunk drafting duo.

Is there a Meathead spoiler out there? I hear Blake, Drago and Meathead West are coming?? [Razz]

--------------------

MegaModerator

Anyone still have Vinnie's plunger? May need it if the storm changes direction.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

MegaModerator

Anyone have an extra crew spot for myself and James Evans?

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

fleming Made Donation to Website

Region: northeast
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fleming     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sunday's SSM and SM results

SM
1# Mike Collins
2# Timothy Jacobs
3# Scott Brunk

SSM
1# Scott Bunk
2# Scott Zetterstrom
3# Jim Thill

Great race guys!!!

--------------------
"where one ends, one shall begin".

Scottie

Car #: sm 19
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

awesome weekend. great racing. im in one piece. cars in one piece.
unfortunately, cant say the same for some other guys, hope they get their cars back together soon!

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

Monday's results? How do the SM points look now?

--------------------

Wreckerboy Verified Driver

Region: WDC
Car #: SSM 53 "Lola"
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Wreckerboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SSM Monday:

1 Scott Brunk
2 Greg Obadia 1:27.732 new lap record
3 Scott Zetterstrom
4 Lee York 20
5 David Wible
6 John Gerbracht
7 William Loomis
8 Mark Thill
9 Robert Myles
10 Glenn Davis

--------------------
Rob Myles
Hero To The Momentum Impaired

Neil O Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: DC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil O   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Monday SM Race

1 Michael Collins
2 Timothy Jacobs 1:26.179 (Track record)
3 Kevin Kopp
4 Scott Brunk
5 Ken Zalner
6 Richard Hromin
7 Jedd Fahnestock

--------------------
SM #06
http://www.columbiatile.com

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Tim and Greg on the lap records. Congrats to Mike and Scott on the wins

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW, what a great weekend.

Got to thank the sponsors!

Sheetz is an amazing company to deal with and my contact is first class. He came to the races with his entire family where he raced his vintage car along with his father and they did great in a pair of beautiful MG's. They really get the family atmosphere that MEATHEAD Racing provides. It was a treat to give him a ride in the car for the victory lap on Monday!

Shout out to Tim Jacobs! WOW 1:26.1 They might as well carve that in stone, that record is going nowhere.

Thanks to my wife Wendy for hosting the Labor Day Charity night and for making it the success that it was.

Thanks to Estus and Nathan White for coming up from E-Speed to help out MEATHEAD Racing this weekend. With MEATHEAD Racing supporting over 30 cars I don't know how we would have done it without you.

To the rest of the crew, Glenn, Sherise,Nick, Greg, Jim, Jimmy, Patrick THANK YOU.

Special thanks to Karen for all her effort with the Sheetz Promotional Program and her photography effort. She took over 1300 pictures this weekend. Check out our Facebook Page and if you see one you want let her know.

[ 09-08-2010, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Mike C ]

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

disquek Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: New England
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for disquek     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Mike.

See you at Siebkens.

-Kyle

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 15
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to both Meathead and Brunk on their weekend sweeps. Pretty impressive winning all three races.

That Sunday win is still eluding me but I will take the track record, for now. That track was fast this weekend. Between Mike, Kevin, and I we ran 34 laps(just on Monday) below the track record that existed before the weekend, 19 of them being in the 26's.

Congratulations to Kevin for setting a new record on Saturday, sorry I stole it on Sunday and then again Monday [Smile]

Thanks to all the Meathead crew and to Ed York for the awesome car. The car was perfect. Thanks to Jim Drago for the power plant, that car is fast.

Great meeting Estus and Nathan, I hope to get down there next year.

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 15
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh, Thanks for the draft on that lap Mike. You called it, I don't know how but you did.

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Glenn Verified Driver

WOW what a weekend, 3 races, 2 classes, 3 first place Meathead finishes, 2 second place, 3 third and 3 new track records! You guys made me look GOOD, THANK YOU! Mike, Tim and Greg O you guys ROCKED!!!!!!

Special thanks to Estes and Nathan White, I could not have done it without your help. I hope you "felt the love" from the whole Meathead family this weekend!

Meathead Racing Family YOU ARE THE BEST

--------------------
Glenn

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn, Nathan and I "felt the love" right off the bat when you were willing to meet us at exit 320 at 2:00 AM Thursday just to show us the good way into the track. Thanks for the use of the camper.

Mike and crew, We were very honored to be asked to help with the Meathead crew. You have a very good thing going up there. Man, you know how to fatten up us Southern boys. That food was good! It was great working with all of the Meathead crew. You definitely have some good people with you. Nathan and I will work with you guys anytime that the E-Speed schedule will allow it.

All the Meathead drivers, Thanks for allowing Nathan and I to help with crewing your cars. I know that it is difficult to trust the new guys in town, but all of you treated us great and we are honored to have been there to assist. Nathan and I made many new friends that I'm sure will last a life time. All ya'll are welcome anytime down here in the south. Anybody that has an off weekend and wants to run a southern track, just give us a call.

Congrats to Tim on your new Track Record. Mike on all those wins. Greg, a Pole and a Track Record. What a great weekend!

Thanks for having us,
Estus and Nathan White
E-Speed Motorsports

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike C:
WOW, what a great weekend.

Got to thank the sponsors!

Sheetz is an amazing company to deal with and my contact is first class. He came to the races with his entire family where he raced his vintage car along with his father and they did great in a pair of beautiful MG's. They really get the family atmosphere that MEATHEAD Racing provides. It was a treat to give him a ride in the car for the victory lap on Monday!

We had the track record for about one car length then:

Shout out to Tim Jacobs! WOW 1:26.1 They might as well carve that in stone, that record is going nowhere.

I must have rubbed a littl emagic on the Sheetz donor [Smile] Sounds like I might want to repo Tims motor! [Big Grin] Congrats sounds like a fun weekend
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

PEATMOSS

Region: BUCCANNEER #34
Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PEATMOSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like a big crowd at the meathead camp this past labor day wknd. Glenn and the boys must have had their hands full? Congrats to mike for the wins. I am sure the family function was great. You all know how to throw a party!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
PETER BOGART
REGION 34
"The home of Roebling Road"

Scott Zetterstrom Verified Driver

Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Zetterstrom     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Tim and Greg on the track records and to Mike and Scott for the sweeps!

[rockband]

I guess the rest of us will have to turn it up a bit for the October finale.

--------------------
#13 SSM
ME Solutions LLC
Windsor Customs Racing
PBC Automotive

G.Obadia Verified Driver

Car #: 66
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for G.Obadia     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a great weekend. October should be fun.

Thanks to Meathead racing for all the help getting me to this point. Thank you to the ladies of Meathead for keeping me clean, fed and healthy.

Glenn you couldnt have found a nicer pair of guys to bring up from the south. Estus and Nathan thanks for the added help.

Thanks and congrats to Scott Brunk and Scott Zetterstrom you guys have been great clean competitors and very supportive of a guy trying to come up to your level.

Lee York you are a true talent with a great future. Thanks for all the help this weekend.

Paul at Radial Tire Co. has been a long time friend to my efforts. Thanks Paul for putting up with my crying.

BTW; I am keeping the record for the winter.

Oh, and I like SHEETZ!

--------------------
http://www.meatheadracing.com
http://www.radialtire.com

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Timothy Jacobs 1:26.179

Already sent that out to the stone cutter. That one is going nowhere!

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Both will fall in Oct. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Chris T Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Instigator

Car #: 44 SM& 44 SSM
Year : '96 & '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris T     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to Estus and Jimmaaah for getting my car back together for the racing on Sunday and Monday. Estus, we can't wait to have you back! Jimmy, thanks for being always willing to get your hands dirty. You guys were great.

--------------------
Chris Tamburo
'96 SM #44
'90 SSM #44
Check it out http://www.meatheadracing.com
SM,SSM cars for sale,rent,rent-to-own

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: