Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North-East » The Glen Fun One double regional (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: The Glen Fun One double regional
Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thought I would take attendance for who was going to make this event.

I'm considering getting a garage & would be willing to split it with another SM'er.

So, Vick? Muda? Mr. Tony?

I'll be doing the test day as well since I've never driven the track before & I figure I'll need "something" before a race.

See everyone there!
Brandon

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am going to be there. Look into if any garages are left.....they go fast!

Not sure on test day yet........I don't have a lot of tire left at the moment. Anyone have some used ones to sell?

Double dip the car, it's only an extra $100. You can run your ssm in sm and it's a heck of a time. many more cars to dice with.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Seabee

Region: NER
Car #: 61
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Seabee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

vick, i have some toyos mounted that i bring for backup that could use. i run hoosiers in ita. don't know what the beer-tire use conversion rate is but i am sure we can come up with something.

--------------------
Steve

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have the kid's birthday party on Friday so it looks like it's the Bullring for me this month.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

racinglawyer Verified Driver
Old Member

Region: NEPA
Car #: 0
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was going to send Brandon a PM but figured I'd let everyone know who never drove the Glen... Do the test day if possible, if not, get someone's video and study the track through the video...if you can't do that just take it easy in the beginning....The Glen is my favorite track , but it is unforgiving...that blue ARMCO is everywhere and the slightest miscue and you're into it with usually bad results..The Glen claimed three cars of mine...but I still love the place and the track. If you have never driven the Glen and it is possible do the test day...it will really help and then have fun...see you there.

All that aside come up to the Glen and you'll love the place like all the rest of us.

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Before I started racing I found the video of your event in the carousel. Now that was scary. Didn't know that was you until recently. Then there was Mark in T11 in last year's enduro. Where was the third?

--------------------
Muda Motorsports

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I Love the Glen, but not the Tech line hassles I had there last month, so I am gonna run the NASA event there in October.

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

Vick Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

i'll see you at that NASA event as well Tony. Need to win some toyo bucks.....

--------------------

GridWench

Region: Glen
Icon 1 posted  Profile for GridWench     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by tony senese:
I Love the Glen, but not the Tech line hassles I had there last month, so I am gonna run the NASA event there in October.

Tony,
To which event do you refer? There was not an SCCA event at the Glen in August.

--------------------
Cheryl Ragalevsky
Glen Region, SCCA
Activities Director
Membership Chair
Chair, Last Chance

Old Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Muda. The third was coming out on to the NASCAR staight from the boot, a guy in front me, in the rain, lost his oil cooler.... I destroyed a 1st gen RX-7 when I hit the wall on the right.... they had foam then so it hurt the car and not me. You picked the other two correctly.

The Glen is and will always be my favorite track, maybe I like it because it is so unforgiving when you make a mistake.

See you soon.

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

CP Verified Driver

Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be there trying to get one clean race lap in at The Glen this season. It is the best track in the Northeast.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

John the Impaler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Finger Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John the Impaler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Garages were sold out 4 weeks ago. Waiting-list is 20+ deep.

WGI has the large paved paddock on the planet. Garages are for pussies.

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by GridWench:
quote:
Originally posted by tony senese:

Tony,
To which event do you refer? There was not an SCCA event at the Glen in August.

Sorry, I am getting old, it was in July.....DOH!

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

Mike L. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: MoHud
Car #: 27
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike L.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John the Impaler:
WGI has the large paved paddock on the planet. Garages are for pussies.

Meow... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mike Lo
1990 SM 27

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John the Impaler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I shall taunt you all weekend from my lowly spot in the north paddock. Expect significant abuse.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
I shall taunt you all weekend from my lowly spot in the north paddock. Expect significant abuse.

Would that be with a chilled bowl of milk or a dish of tasty, white albacore? [laughing]

Seriously now, where should I be setting up on Friday to ensure I'm well suited for "things" during the weekend?

As I said earlier I've never been there for an SCCA event so I'm not sure what to expect. I attended a BMW CCA event a couple of weeks ago so my guess is the garages are oriented north/south in the north paddock, right? Or are the garages in south?

The maps online aren't of much help unfortunately...

Anyone wanna help a newbie? [help]

Oh, one other item: it appears they've combined the SM/SSM groups as I thought we (SSM) were originally group 4 with SM at group 9.

Anyone else notice that or am I totally off base?
Which is entirely possible...

CP Verified Driver

Car #: 7
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pick a spot on relatively high ground, away from a storm drain or you'll be bumming when it rains. For some reason I still can't get this right. Being close to a pisser is convenient too.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

quote:
Originally posted by Brandon F.:
Oh, one other item: it appears they've combined the SM/SSM groups as I thought we (SSM) were originally group 4 with SM at group 9.

-

SM is group 4. SSM is group 2. There are only 8 groups. I'm pretty confident (I wrote the supps) that SM and SSM won't be combined, since that eliminates the "double dip" $100 entry (although ITA or SPU - group 7 will work, too).

quote:
Originally posted by CP:
Pick a spot on relatively high ground, away from a storm drain or you'll be bumming when it rains. For some reason I still can't get this right. Being close to a pisser is convenient too.

There are some synergies that can be found here (if it's raining and you're parked near Cy...WEAR BOOTS !!!!)

quote:
quote:

-

SM is group 4. SSM is group 2. There are only 8 groups. I'm pretty confident (I wrote the supps) that SM and SSM won't be combined, since that eliminates the "double dip" $100 entry (although ITA or SPU - group 7 will work, too).

Yep - 100% off base. Feel free to pick me off...
Scrolling through the entries and I saw ITB, ITC, SSB...and not a single SSM until line 7.

RATSS - Read All The Screen Stupid!

Adam Figarsky

Region: mo-hud
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Adam Figarsky   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

just signed up for both sm and ssm...what a deal...
-----
cant wait to run the short course...first time...anyone have any video links to short course...

--------------------
TeamFigMented

2009 NARRC and NYSRRC SSM Champion
2009 SSM NESCCA Enduro Series Champion

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's just like the long coarse without a few corners.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

edzeb

Car #: #72
Year : 1990/1991/1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for edzeb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

....and you will enter T10.....FAST....

There is a special prize for those who decide to run the long course on Sunday.

Short course = huge drafting battles in spec car classes. You don't want to be leading when the "1 to go" board goes up. Or maybe you do. Or something. It's so complicated. My head hurts.

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And you keep up it will stop hurting and you'll go blind.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

quote:
There is a special prize for those who decide to run the long course on Sunday.

Short course = huge drafting battles in spec car classes. You don't want to be leading when the "1 to go" board goes up. Or maybe you do. Or something. It's so complicated. My head hurts.

Took me a second there....and then I checked the sups and went "D'oH!"

Yes, a "very special" price for anyone doing that...everyone else, keep an eye out for things coming from your left before you get to the west tunnel.

planet-miata.com

Car #: #00
Year : 20th century
Icon 1 posted  Profile for planet-miata.com   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Figarsky:
just signed up for both sm and ssm...what a deal...
-----
cant wait to run the short course...first time...anyone have any video links to short course...

ask and you shall receive...

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6072938/15778664

--------------------
#1 Supplier of New and Used Miata parts
http://WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM

Marc Cefalo

#00 1996 ITA
#00 ???? SM

quote:
Originally posted by planet-miata.com:

That you driving Marc?
And presuming your ITA Miata as well...

planet-miata.com

Car #: #00
Year : 20th century
Icon 1 posted  Profile for planet-miata.com   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by planet-miata.com:

That you driving Marc?
And presuming your ITA Miata as well...

yep, shift points should be very close for anyone with the 4:30 final drive as that's what was in the car then. cars still with the 4:10's won't use 5th on the back straight or Nascar straight.

--------------------
#1 Supplier of New and Used Miata parts
http://WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM

Marc Cefalo

#00 1996 ITA
#00 ???? SM

Tom weaver

Region: Glen region
Icon 16 posted  Profile for Tom weaver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WGI has the large paved paddock on the planet. Garages are for pussies.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Hmmm no coffee for you!

--------------------
Logistics and Technical Support manager (Truck driver) for 1986 Mazda RX-7 Its # 63. "Diesel Haulin'Rotary"

quote:
Originally posted by Tom weaver:
Hmmm no coffee for you!

Hey...it's why Ed is marrying a veterinarian !

edzeb

Icon 1 posted  Profile for edzeb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, wait a minute! She told me to be careful or I might be fixed????

GridWench

Icon 1 posted  Profile for GridWench     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by edzeb:
Hey, wait a minute! She told me to be careful or I might be fixed????

I've been waiting for a chance to use those Neuticles.

--------------------
Cheryl Ragalevsky
Glen Region, SCCA
Activities Director
Membership Chair
Chair, Last Chance

cboehly Verified Driver

Region: FLR
Car #: 78
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cboehly     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well? Results? SSM and SM?

--------------------
Charlie Boehly

edzeb

Well....that was an interesting weekend.... Oil and Speedy Dry everywhere, red flags, aborted starts, red flags on the pace lap!, fog, fog, and more fog. Starting Sunday's race with Saturday's race results! Hope everyone had a Fun One Time. --Ed...

Vick Verified Driver

Chris Windsor wins performance of the weekend for his impersonation of a Shea Stadium vendor along the front straight...........

--------------------

T.J. Kearney Verified Driver
Male Member

Car #: 85
Icon 1 posted  Profile for T.J. Kearney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hey Vick....don't forget Ian Prout taking a pee (not in his car) during the pace lap (explain that one to the grandkids)....and who can forget the pace car having to use reverse?! Despite all the complete whackiness, was still a good weekend...close to 400 competitors?!

I don't know SM, but SSM was:

SAT
1 Prout
2 Windsor
3 Mills

SUN
1 Prout
2 Ugurlu
3 Mills

Not sure what happened with Chris W. Sunday...he didn't take the start.

P.S. - 1/4" rear positive toe is not the hot setup...yikes

--------------------
Tom Kearney
SSM #85
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anyone know who was working the start/finish stand? Someone up there got pictures of Chris and his bottles of water/Gatorade.

This was one wacky, wacky, wacky weekend.
Only been racing this year and I've never seen anything like it before.

With a certain Mr. T leaving with the ITB/C, SSB/C cars [laughing] , a flip at the start in the first group (and said reversing of our pace car) that brings out a red flag for the whole course turning the first group into a demolition derby necessitating 2 sets of emergency crews to be scrambled, this is one weekend I certainly won't be forgetting!

Congrats to Chris for doing such a good sales job in the 08 car by putting it on the podium in the long-course and double-congrats for being able to sell it that same weekend! [thumbsup]

And you were worried about whether the trip would have been worth while. To have missed all of that ?!

Thanks for a fun weekend everyone...will definitely be back again!

Mike L. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: MoHud
Car #: 27
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike L.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SM results

Sat:
Goulart
Campbell
Leverone

Sun:
Goulart
Leverone
Lo

Highlight for me was definitely watching the Ian and Chris W. show from the grandstands! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mike Lo
1990 SM 27

Yosh Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Phila
Car #: 77
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Yosh   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by T.J. Kearney:

He sold his car on Sunday morning before the race!

--------------------
Yosh Hakutani
SSM /SM #77
http://www.woodlawngarage.com
http://www.syncspeedinc.com

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Damn, I can't wait for Mills to pass Prout. Maybe when he decides to relieve himself mid-race? ( :

Sounds like it lived up to its name. Sorry I missed it.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports

Old Member

Muda...you being there would have made it complete..No Rain, but Fog, and Red Flags, and Roll overs (two of them...one in SM, the other in the SSM group but the roll over was a Volvo...ITB) A Pig Roast with 700 people and with almost 400 entries, it was a blast...one group with almost 60 cars..I liked it best because there were more SM drivers with grey in their hair than not.

Not sure why they call it the FUN ONE but it always lives up to it's name.

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

Anyone know who the photographer was during the weekend? I saw him at the end of the Armco outside of turn-in for 2 for one of my races...

Chris70 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 17-7-70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris70   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, he was our guest for the weekend and I will get his info and post here.

--------------------
"Talent is often perseverance in disguise"

There were several photogs working around the course.

Several were shooting photos for the trophies (1st-3rd get customized pix of their cars on-track during the weekend). Not sure where they were all weekend.

I think I saw Roz out there shooting during my races (on the outside between T1 & T2). It's likely that's who you saw - google "roz rosintoski motorsports photo" in Vestal NY.

Chris70 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 17-7-70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris70   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NEWLIN KEEN is the photographer, great guy
His email is the full name (at) optonline.net

--------------------
"Talent is often perseverance in disguise"

Mike888 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NJ
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike888   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Mike, It would be great if you could send me that picture you mentioned to me on the grid. my email is mjlplan@yahoo.com Fun racing with you this weekend.
Mike
quote:
Originally posted by racinglawyer:
Muda...you being there would have made it complete..No Rain, but Fog, and Red Flags, and Roll overs (two of them...one in SM, the other in the SSM group but the roll over was a Volvo...ITB) A Pig Roast with 700 people and with almost 400 entries, it was a blast...one group with almost 60 cars..I liked it best because there were more SM drivers with grey in their hair than not.

Not sure why they call it the FUN ONE but it always lives up to it's name.

Vick Verified Driver

If anyone has BK's email address I took a few good shots of his new car on the grid that I'd like to send over to him.

--------------------

Mike888 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NJ
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike888   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yosh can you send me a copy of that video of Steve when you get a chance? mjlplan@yahoo.com Now that we know he is ok, "let the games begin".
quote:
Originally posted by Yosh:
quote:
Originally posted by T.J. Kearney:

He sold his car on Sunday morning before the race!

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: