Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North-East » Sad day today with the loss of Brian Holtz

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sad day today with the loss of Brian Holtz
Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Year : 1991
Icon 9 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

...today we lost a great friend.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of your family and friends.

Rest in peace Brian Holtz.

More details to follow

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

Tom weaver

Region: Glen region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom weaver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Posted by: Regional Executive Monday, September 13, 2010

It is with a very heavy heart that I inform WDCRs membership that Lifetime Region member Brian Holtz passed away on Monday, September 13, 2010, from pancreatic cancer.

Brian wore many hats within the SCCAs organization. This is just a few of the ones I could think of...

Chairman of the SCCA Pro Racing Board
Area 2 Director (WDCR is part of Area 2)
National Chief Steward
Member of the Club Racing Board
He was also a Lifetime Philadelphia Region member as well as a member of the South Jersey Region.

And I know that Im not even scratching the surface of all of the things that Brian has done/been for SCCA National, SCCA Pro Racing, the Northeast Division, and all of the people he touched in his lifetime.

He was a great leader, mentor and most of all, a friend. He will be sorely missed. May he rest in peace and his memory be eternal.

I will post more formal/official information as I receive it.

-Evanthe

-----
Don't drive faster than your angel can fly.

------------------------------

UPDATE:

The viewing for Brian will be Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM at Long Funeral Home, 500 Linden Street, Bethlehem, PA. (610-866-8059). The funeral services will follow at 1:00PM.

Those who attended the Labor Day Double MARRS event had the opportunity to visit with Brian as he drove himself from his home in PA to visit with his friends in the DC Region.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Ellen, his son, and his entire family.

--------------------
Logistics and Technical Support manager (Truck driver) for 1986 Mazda RX-7 Its # 63. "Diesel Haulin'Rotary"

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Very sad to hear.. He will be missed...

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Bad Al Bell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: WDC
Car #: 3
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bad Al Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Missed already

--------------------
"Bad"Al Bell
SM/SSM #3 "JD"
SM #09 "Nadine"
2006 MARRS SM Champion
DC Region SM Driver's Co-Rep
SM cars for sale and rent, and rent-to-own
www.MEATHEADRacing.com

Tom weaver

Region: Glen region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom weaver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian Holtz
September 13, 2010

Service Times
Calling hours 11 AM-1 PM
Funeral Service at 1 PM
Service Place
Long Funeral Home

Cemetery
Bethlehem Memorial Park Cemetery

Click Image for Larger View Brian E. Holtz

Brian E. Holtz, 55, of Bethlehem, passed away Monday, September 13, 2010 in Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg. He and his wife Ellen F. (Fogg) Holtz were married for 25 years in February.

Born in Bethesda, MD, he was the son of Barbara (Stone) Holtz of Potomac, MD and the late John Jack Holtz. Brian was a graduate of Villanova University. He was a Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager at Air Products and was proud of his work for the past 31 years. Brian raced a Mazda RX-3 for 15 years. He was a member of the Sports Car Club of America since 1975 and served as a former Philadelphia Region Executive, Race Steward and Tech Chief. Brian was also a member of the SCCA Board of Directors for two terms, Competition Committee, past president of the Northeast Division and Chairman of the Pro Racing Board.

Survivors: wife; mother; son, Joseph B. Holtz and his wife Kimberly of Horsham; sisters, Jane Holtz Cranska and her husband Allen of Glenwood, MD, and Karen Muttimer and her husband Paul of Ashburn, VA.

Services: Calling hours will be Thursday, Sept. 16, from 11 AM until 1 PM with funeral services to follow at 1 PM in the Long Funeral Home, 500 Linden St, Bethlehem. Online condolences may be made at http://www.longfuneralhome.com

Contributions: Autism Society, 4340 East-West Highway, Suite 350, Bethesda, MD 20814 or American Diabetes Association, PO Box 11454, Alexandria, VA 22312.

View All Obituaries

--------------------
Logistics and Technical Support manager (Truck driver) for 1986 Mazda RX-7 Its # 63. "Diesel Haulin'Rotary"

Rowdy Price

Car #: 51
Year : 94 R
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rowdy Price     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So sad, I just talked to him over labor day up at summit point, He was saying how good I was doing representing ITA & the (Brian"s) name. Funny story, my first race as a novice, Brian was my steward, when I went to get my permit, he had a long conversation with me about calming down and staying on track... then he didnt sign off on my race!!! LOL ...well I did listen to his words of wisdom. It just took me a few years to at least stay on track. I don't know about the calming down thing though...I will surely miss him.. RIP Mr. HOLTZ

--------------------
Brian price ITA #51
http://www.RPPerformanceracing.com
UNLIMITED AUTOBODY & COLLISION.COM PERFORMANCE AUTOWORKS WV.COM
2009 WDCR ITA CHAMPION
2010 WDCR ITA CHAMPION
UNLIMITED RACING

Jason Livingood Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philly
Car #: SSM #77
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Livingood   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian was such a nice, friendly, enthusiastic guy who always put a smile on my face. He'll be missed in the racing community, not to mention by many other friends and his family.

Jason

--------------------
SSM #77

Yosh Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Phila
Car #: 77
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Yosh   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian didn't get me into racing, but some of his friends certainly did. Brian always had time to drop by, make sure things were good, and share a laugh. He'd also do a great job on the give and take of rules discussions, driver conduct issues, etc. He had seen and done it all, and he will be greatly missed.

--------------------
Yosh Hakutani
SSM /SM #77
http://www.woodlawngarage.com
http://www.syncspeedinc.com

Scott Zetterstrom Verified Driver

Car #: 13
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Zetterstrom     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was glad to see Brian over the Labor Day weekend. As always, he was in a good mood and he and I spent a short time bench racing Summit Point. It was just a normal race weekend conversation, which was amazing given his condition and showed the strength of his character.

He will be missed.

Rest in Peace

--------------------
#13 SSM
ME Solutions LLC
Windsor Customs Racing
PBC Automotive

edzeb

Region: Glen
Car #: #72
Year : 1990/1991/1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for edzeb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian locked horns with all of us at time to time, but he was always fair, and always had the Club's best interest at heart. --Ed...

Andrew C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andrew C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian was a great guy - one of those people that everyone at the track liked and respected. Most racers in this area have a good story or two about him. He did a lot for this region and he will definitely be missed.

--------------------
Andrew Coe
WDCR SSM #46
www.rpperformanceracing.com
2009 SSM Rules - CLICK HERE

Big Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Big Member

Region: DC
Car #: 72
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Big Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brian was truly a great guy...and always a friend and racer first....he is missed already and will always be missed....Rest in peace Brian...

Z

--------------------
Brian Zalner AKA: Big Z
Like a boss...
RP Performance / Director of Mktg.
http://www.rpperformanceracing.com
http://performanceautoworkswv.com/services.html

John Nesbitt

Region: WDCR, NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Nesbitt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There was a large turnout for his funeral today, including many SCCA types. His involvement in the Club, and love of the sport, featured prominently in the remembrances.

Brian was one of the good ones. Much missed.

Joe Specht

Region: BMR
Car #: 236
Year : 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Someone I work with told me Tuesday and I couldn't beleive it. I had just seen him a couple weeks ago at NJMP and he was riding around on a golf cart like he always did. I'm still in shock.
My best wishes to the family and friends.
RIP,
Joe

Rooster Tail Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
around

Region: SJR
Car #: 52
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rooster Tail     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, wish I'd checked the site earlier this week.

Brian was one of the good ones. I'll be missing him. Rest well buddy.

--------------------
-Tosh Desai
2008 NJRRS SM Champion

"Well, you know, because Thunder always comes after... Lightning!"

racinglawyer Verified Driver
Old Member

Region: NEPA
Car #: 0
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You were all there in spirit. To know Brian was to love him...what you saw is what you got.
His wife and family were happy so many from his true love SCCA were there to pay their final respects.

His life was RACING.

He helped so many of us in so many ways...he is now at peace...

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: