Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North-East » NJMP spring drivers school?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NJMP spring drivers school?
CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When is it and who do I contact to volunteer?

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

John Nesbitt

Region: WDCR, NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Nesbitt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CP:
When is it and who do I contact to volunteer?

Mar. 26-27

I don't know who the Chief Instructor will be. Contact JD King (Assistant RE and Race Chair), who can steer you. His email is assistre@sjr-scca.org

Jay Flath

Region: North East
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Flath     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will my car need to have a log book prior to the school or can I get it log booked at the school?

John Nesbitt

Region: WDCR, NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Nesbitt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Flath:
Will my car need to have a log book prior to the school or can I get it log booked at the school?

Normally, in principle, the Tech folks can logbook your car at the school.

In the real world, I would advise you very strongly to have your car and personal safety equipment all sorted out, logbooked, and with the annual inspections completed beforehand.

Two reasons:

1. Drivers school is a very hectic, intense experience, and you do not need to add any more stress and anxiety to it. If you can get stuff out of the way in advance, you will have a better school.

2. If there are any problems which must be remediated before getting a logbook, it is best to find out before the weekend starts. You may be able to sort things out on Friday night; or you may not. See point 1.

Most Regions offer tech days before the season starts so that folks can be ready for their first event. Contact your local Tech chief.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: