Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » roebling road double SARRC (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: roebling road double SARRC
Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
quote:
Originally posted by jwalter:

First Lap Sunday Incident
Second lap into the carousel.

That explains the dents on Ricky's yellow '99!
Danny,

....I told the driver "thanks a lot" at the tech shed and all he had to say for himself was, and I quote " I didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident".
....I made no reply........ his lack of experience was obvious enough.

....Rickey T.

jwalter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: SE
Car #: 79
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jwalter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Hotshoe:

....I told the driver "thanks a lot" at the tech shed and all he had to say for himself was, and I quote " I didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident".
....I made no reply........ his lack of experience was obvious enough.

....Rickey T.

Rickey, I should have found you after the race. I figured you or Pino might want the video, but I completely forgot after we came off track.

quote:
Originally posted by Craig Heyl:
Jeffrey you just had to post that humiliating pass in T9 didn't ya?!
Another 50 feet to the finish and I'd of had that spot back.

I absolutely had to. If you notice in the mirror, you can see me looking over a few times to check where you are.

I wanted to get out and push. It felt like the start/finish couldn't come soon enough.

--------------------
--Jeff Walter
#79 SSM

www.waltermotorsports.com

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff,

.... That is a great video. It shows what you should not do if you lose control on track and go off.

.... When I teach students, I always try to instill in them the thought that in a situation like this, you should first regain control of the car BEFORE you return to the racing surface... (Apparently this guy was not one of my students).

.... With your permission I would like to use your little excerpt for training purposes.

.... Rickey T.

jwalter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: SE
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jwalter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Hotshoe:
Jeff,

.... That is a great video. It shows what you should not do if you lose control on track and go off.

.... When I teach students, I always try to instill in them the thought that in a situation like this, you should first regain control of the car BEFORE you return to the racing surface... (Apparently this guy was not one of my students).

.... With your permission I would like to use your little excerpt for training purposes.

.... Rickey T.

Go right ahead.
That reminded me of another one. Not as catastrophic, but it could have been.
He just came back on a bit wider than I expected.

Re-entering track

I should have seen it coming from the all the tire spinning when he was re-entering the track and prepared for the worst.

From the full video, in my mirror, you can see the car eventually pulled all the way across the track to the right in front of 2 other miatas behind me.

--------------------
--Jeff Walter
#79 SSM

www.waltermotorsports.com

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Was that a squeal of fear I heard? [Smile]

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
In Race 2 , John screwed the start and I got past, but 17 year old Denis Bize was flying and led me for most of the race. Entire field was in a train when traffic slowed us down. I knew that traffic would be an issue so kept the pressure on and sure enough, I got lucky again on the 2nd last lap when Dennis got skunked coming onto the main straight, allowing me to get a run for the lead, and I made it stick to the end. His bumper was at my door on the line. Really lucky! Great race by the kid, 1/3rd my age!

I was sweating that start, I had broken the plastic insert and bushing on the bottom of the shifter ball in Q1 and had a loose shifter all weekend. I replaced the bushing and could not find the insert, so I did the whole weekend with a f'd up shifter knowing I had the part at my shop and could fix it when I got home. These cars rarely have problems, but damned when you break something it has to be a tiny piece you never think to bring a spare for. I was fine all weekend because we never use 2nd unless it is the start. Regardless I missed the 2nd to 3rd upshift when the flag dropped and you and Bize got by, and I got thoroughly swamped in turn 1! Thanks to row 2 for the clean racing and heads up driving, I could have gotten punted from here to Daytona missing a shift in front of a 40+ car field!

Congrats on P1!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, some great examples of how not to re-enter the track. It's re-entries like those that give corner workers grey hairs.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: