Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » New Track Record Carolina Motor Sports Park (Kershaw)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: New Track Record Carolina Motor Sports Park (Kershaw)
Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just received a certificate from SCCA for a new track record at CMP (very surprised)

SARRC May 23, 2009 - 1.53.712 (72.151 mph)

have run much faster in qualifying and practice so was not expecting this.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats! That is one of my favorite tracks.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Craig Heyl

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 00
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Craig Heyl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Your first National win at RA, now a track record at CMP......

Geesh.... Danny you're on a role. Congratulations!!!!

--------------------
Craig Heyl
Decatur Speed Shop
404-375-6025
Atlanta Region SCCA
NASA - SE
craigheyl@mac.com

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

His role is to roll. Track records, mmmm good. Congratulations.
wheel

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Just received a certificate from SCCA for a new track record at CMP (very surprised)
SARRC May 23, 2009 - 1.53.712 (72.151 mph)

Danny,

... I'm not sure what the track record is but on Mar 29, 2009 12:42:00 PM
@ Carolina Motorsports Park (2.279 miles)
Event 2009 BUCK MUSE MEMORIAL SARRC (SUNDAY)
Group Group 4: SM, SSB/C, T3
Best Lap Tm 1:53.165 In Lap 9 Best Speed 72.499
by Jason Owenby.

... They proclaimed a lot of track records for that weekend that really did not beat the existing times

Case in point:
Date May 25, 2008 12:57:00 PM
Track Carolina Motorsports Park (2.279 miles)
Event SUNDAY '08 CCR SARRC MONSTER MEMORIAL
Group Group 4: ITA/S/R/O/7

New Track Record (1:47.468) for ITR by Rickey Thompson.

Date May 23, 2009 2:30:00 PM
Track Carolina Motorsports Park (2.235 miles)
Event CCR SARRC Rgnl & CCPS #1
Group Grp 4 GTL,EP,F,H,SRF,SPU,ITB,ITR,C,STU

New Track Record (1:48.786) for ITR by Kip Vansteenburg.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ricky
as I say I was very surprised to get the certificate. I was under the impression that Cliff Brown ran a 1.49.??? immediately after the track was resurfaced. No-one else has come close since. Not sure why that was not ratified. I have been in the low 1.52's in test and practice often. (and I know that practice and qualifying runs dont count)

However I see that on their track recored page it lists me as the record holder... maybe someone else can shed some light on this

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
I was under the impression that Cliff Brown ran a 1.49.??? immediately after the track was resurfaced. No-one else has come close since. Not sure why that was not ratified. I have been in the low 1.52's in test and practice often. (and I know that practice and qualifying runs dont count)

However I see that on their track recored page it lists me as the record holder... maybe someone else can shed some light on this

Danny,

... WOW a 1:49 now that is moving along.

... I'm with you though.........maybe someone can clear this up

... Maybe they started over after they (officially) changed the track distance to 2.235 miles..............even though the distance has not changed since the track was reconfigured early last season..... LOL

andrew_anderson
National Member

Region: SC region and buccaneer
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for andrew_anderson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Maybe it has something to do with the new tire.

--------------------
Dish NetworkNew Dish Network customers receive a $40 rebate if you are an SCCA member!
Race Engineering. Championship winning engines.
Carbotech Brakes
Panic Motorsports
Low Country Communications
2343 Main HWY
Bamberg, SC 29003

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's the scope on the CMP records. The March event was not included in the record file that was used at the Memorial weekend but was told was current. Since then I have cross referenced the March event and the track record file and updated and being sent out. Sorry for the pain.

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So who has the record? Sounds like "The O Show" Jason Owenby. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And the record holder is:
SM 01:53.165 72.499 3/29/09 Jason Owenby

Congrats Jason
Figured it would take me a long time, if ever, to get a record at a track I didnt know. Great time to shoot for. Congrats on the record

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I never received any track record certificates for mine. [Frown]

Congrats!

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny, You will get lots of track records just keep Your game face on. [yep]

As for the certificates, I never receiver any as well. [Frown]

--------------------
Bob Thornton

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bobby T If it makes you feel any better I can print up a all you need. With all that you have we should have enough to paper all of the walls at the world headquarter, with a few left for NotBob to use inside the house [yep]

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And CONGRATS to the O show.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

PumpkinRacing Verified Driver

Car #: 05
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PumpkinRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
Bobby T If it makes you feel any better I can print up a all you need. With all that you have we should have enough to paper all of the walls at the world headquarter, with a few left for NotBob to use inside the house [yep]

Hey - I never got one either for the Short Course at VIR.....print one up for me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Michael Hartberger
Engine - Race Engineering
Car - OPM Autosports
Funding - Pumpkin!!

LOL [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't think the CMP records got updated when they changed the course configuration, so technically it's a new course. We also had a new T&S chief that probably did not have known accurate and verified stats to work with.

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

CLIFF BROWN USMC Verified Driver

Region: South East
Car #: 01
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CLIFF BROWN USMC   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well, I guess I have to put in my two cents. On Feb 17, 2008 ( CCR Presidents National) I ran a 1:49.940 in the SM National against Chip VanVurst.Chip ran a 1:50.621 and won the race by 2 tenths. I am not sure if that is the SM record or not but I haven't found anyone to state otherwise. Danny, you better get in shape. I will be waitng for you in Atlanta. [Smile]

--------------------
Cliff Brown

J.D.

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nothing like improving when you feel like your doing the same thing.

I want to improve myself. How does one go about becoming a 'Glamour Photographer Apprentice"?

This is surely something we could work out through the exchange of trade secrets....

Congrats on TR, one of my fav tracks as well.....

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: