Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » SARRC Invitational Challenge-Oct 10th (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: SARRC Invitational Challenge-Oct 10th
Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Time is growing short to enter the SIC. Any driver who has entered three SARRC races in 2009 is eligible to race this year. So far, we only have 24 drivers entered in SM and only 7 are from Florida.

I thought the Florida SM drivers were ready to take on the drivers from the North.

Here is the link to enter. http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.adv...FA6-BF25-1013CD9CF9B2BCF3

SM is group #1 so you should be able to get headed home before lunch is over. And as a special appreciation for SM, there is no extra $10 for this event. SARRC pays the compliance fee, not you!

I did notice Tom Fowler is entered. As a added bonus, I will be sending out a "I beat Fowler" button for all of you who might accomplish this.

BTW, a big congrats to our SEDiv drivers who I visited with in impound at the Runoffs. Todd Lamb and Matthew Pombo put on a heck of a race for the final podium spot while Andrew peddled hard for a 6th place and final impound spot. Matthew also turned the fastest race lap getting his 3rd place. Our SEDiv drivers put on the best show with Jeff LaBounty who started last (had to work & missed qualifying) coming all the way up to race with Chip for 12th and Pat Sandlin was right behind them in 15th. Seven SEDiv drivers in the top 15. Cool! And for the first time ever, SM cleared post race impound on the same day they raced! The same is promised for the SIC. [Wink]

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

After Nashville the buttons should read "The Legendary Tom Fowler."

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't think you'll need to make too many of those buttons. Perhaps none :-)

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

Jarhead Made Donation to Website

Region: 34
Car #: 89,90
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jarhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will concede the win on the track if you could have my button read "I beat up Tom Fowler".

--------------------
Problem Solved/ReelScreensSE/RE Power

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Beat Fowler?....Who is Fowler? [rolling on floor laughin] Who has'nt beat Fowler?.... [rolling on floor laughin]
Just kidding, come on out to the SIC and see Me and I will make fun of Fowler with ya. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bob is right. Even I beat Fowler. Of course, he was running an ITC car and I was in ITS. But, I usually don't go that far into the explanation.

I thought I remembered a thread earlier this year talking about "ole Tom Fowler" having a birthday that put him over the hill.

Everyone knows that racin' is for young guys so surely none of you will concede a defeat to an ole guy like Fowler.

Heck, his pit area at the Runoffs was even in the retirement community. He was so far from the pit area that I had to stop and refill my golf cart just to visit. All he needed was a lake in front of his compound and he would have been set for life!

On another note, all of you should be proud of Bob Thornton. He handled Touring impound at the Runoffs and did a super job. The Touring guys are just as creative as the SM builders so Bob had his hands full. Only disappointment was that Amanda, the 6'1" Crew Chief of the winning T1 Ferrari team was at Monaco and not directing the tear down this year. Bob, I've got their word that she will be back next year. And you guys complain about the cost of SM. The price tag on that car was $200,000, as raced!

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Man you guys are tough. I think you would make up fewer buttons if you did "I GOT BEAT BY THE OLD GUY" Its going to be a fun race everyone come on down.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Work with me Tom, let's just work together. [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] If we work together we can catch that guy. [Big Grin]

Sorry guys just a little inside joke. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton

Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Thornton - Race Engineering:
Just kidding, come on out to the SIC and see Me and I will make fun of Fowler with ya. [Big Grin]

Oh yeah... like peeps need your help in doin that. [Razz] Need to make sure NotBob is comin too.

--------------------

Brockodile

Region: Southeast
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brockodile     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bob, Stop goofing around on the forum and go fix the motor I burned up at NASA Nationals! P.S., Totally my fault. Why didn't I know the water temp guage doesn't work without water? Should have waited for the wrecker after big kiss between the headlights.

BTW, I'm WAY older than Fowler and should get a handicap. I want one of those buttons.

Skip Brock
OPM Rental, RE Engine

--------------------
Skip Brock
OPM Rental, RE Engine

Seems like everywhere I go,
The more I see,
The less I know.

"Say Hey", by Michael Franti

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Car #: 99
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Skip,You might have a motor but nothin to bolt it to.I'm busy working on a chopper gas tank.No time for 01's.Plus,helps out my odds of winning. [Big Grin]

Brockodile

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brockodile     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Okay, Pinky, just drop the tank, put your hands on the blue and white car, and nobody gets hurt!

--------------------
Skip Brock
OPM Rental, RE Engine

The more I see,
The less I know.

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
P.S., Totally my fault. Why didn't I know the water temp guage doesn't work without water
[rolling on floor laughin] I thought Michael was the only guy to ever use that excuse. "But the temp was going down when it quit running" [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Brockodile

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
quote:
P.S., Totally my fault. Why didn't I know the water temp guage doesn't work without water
[rolling on floor laughin] I thought Michael was the only guy to ever use that excuse. "But the temp was going down when it quit running" [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]
That's my motto: "Be like Mike!" Hope all's well in W.V.

--------------------
Skip Brock
OPM Rental, RE Engine

The more I see,
The less I know.

PEATMOSS

Region: BUCCANNEER #34
Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PEATMOSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Those getting the " I BEAT FOWLER" buttons had better check the freshness date! They may be left over from Utah via Wisconsin. No telling what you can find in the OPM wagon after 2 weeks on the road> [banghead] Micheal H will be the official !
Brockidile I'am older than all of you put togather!
Bob bring the guns we can shoot in the field by turn 6!!!

--------------------
PETER BOGART
REGION 34
"The home of Roebling Road"

Frog

Region: Buccaneer #34
Car #: 52
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frog   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's going to be a great weekend for sure. Can't wait to see everyone!

With all the "Old Guy" smack going on I'm wondering if I should pack some Centrum Silver vitamins for y'all instead of the shrimp & jello shots?

--------------------
Lette-O
Celtic Racing #52
Buccaneer Region ITB Champ 2006,2007,2008,2009

Jim Creighton

Now that we have 39 SM entries, I've warned the button makers to be on stand by for a really big order.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I want my button!!!!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If Jamie gets a button I want one too!!!

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Administrator

My question is who is gonna take one for the team and spin Fowler out on the last lap just to get more folks buttons. I can imagine the looks on the SOM's faces when they are told that the reason for the spin out was to "get more peeps buttons."

--------------------

Jarhead Made Donation to Website

Region: 34
Car #: 89,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jarhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You're assuming he makes it off the grid.

--------------------
Problem Solved/ReelScreensSE/RE Power

Glenn Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My prediction, the podium will be an OPM sweep! Wish I was gonna be there to see all of my friends. Miss all of you. Everybody have a great race. Best of luck.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Glenn, the SIC wont be the same with out You under the "big top".

--------------------
Bob Thornton

Administrator

Agreed.. I'll have a 12 pack for ya Glenn.

--------------------

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
My prediction, the podium will be an OPM sweep! Wish I was gonna be there to see all of my friends. Miss all of you. Everybody have a great race. Best of luck.

Thats pretty funny! I almost fell out of my chair laughing. [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

this is comedy hour, [laughing] [laughing]

My prediction: ahhhhhhh , Glen may have been on the forums after 1 too many last night. [Sleep]

Auto Technik guys coming from Florida hopefully will be in the mix somewhere, if not were gonna drink some beers, cheer for Steyn, have 1 too many and post some stuff in the forums. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Administrator

Drunken posting from the race track is WIN!

--------------------

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the support Cliffie! Field sure is deep with all you AT Boys, my OPM team mates, Bize and his BSI team mates, and the RE hot shoes Hinson and Gaines.

But the pointy end of the class will be Fowler and Buras for sure. Beating them will be tough!!

Of course, secretly praying for rain on Sunday!!!!

Look forward to seeing you all and having a BUNCH of beers post race!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Dennis Bize Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 47
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Bize     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:

I guess I'll have an orange juice or something.

--------------------
BSI RACING

CAVINYC.COM

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Car #: 77
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I finally got a new job so I can't wait to knock the dust off the car. I think I got rid of my electrical gremlins with a new fuel injector harness. See everybody soon.

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Administrator

Even better news is I'll actually be feeling good enough to enjoy the event.

--------------------

Lance, I will bring some shine that will make You feel better. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton

Administrator

HA! Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, AFTER I get well ya offer, I needed it LAST weekend. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Glenn Verified Driver

quote:
Auto Technik guys coming from Florida hopefully will be in the mix somewhere
Glad to see you guys are gonna travel ALL the way to Georga to race. [rolling on floor laughin] Still think Fowler, Stein and Brockadile are the Team to beat, but you guys give it your best. See ya at the ARRC, Well see what the Yanks have to bring down south this year.

--------------------
Glenn

ARRC 2010 Champ

Its going to be good time no matter what that is for sure!!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
JT

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George Munson is my dark horse! Followed by the AT gang!!!

--------------------
Paul McLester

ARRC 2010 Champ

Nothing would make me happier than for George to get the win. He runs well there and is getting faster every time he hits the track.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Bize:
quote:

Dennis I will buy you a Shirley Temple!! [Smile]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Bize:
quote:

Dennis I will buy you a Shirley Temple!! [Smile]
Haha, Shirley Temple! Dennis, I will give you as many beers as you want Saturday night if it will slow you down on Sunday, just bring your fake ID.

Lots of people here already, looks like OPM had a private test day on Thursday, damn... That's all the rest of us need [help]

JT, glad to see you making the trek up to RRR, haven't raced with you here before. I am requesting a patented "Tucker Drift" through turn 3, hand out the window and all!

Good luck all, come holler at us, we are paddocked on the fence by turn 3. Let me know where the party is at on Sat night.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Glenn Verified Driver

John just behave this year and it could be all yours! Best of Luck

--------------------
Glenn

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great turnout at RR today - lots of fast boys.

Fowler didn't take his car out after yesterdays sessions. He will be fast regardless.

Alex Bolanos was flying - turning 23's in the heat on his own - he will be tough to beat. John Adamczyk, Dennis Bize, Jason Sellers, Ben Hinson were all quick, followed closely by Blanchard, Brock, Bailey, Fisher and others. (not in time order - just handheld timing). Jamie Tuckers first time at the track was impressive as was the paint job on his brand new '99.

Both Blanchard and Sellers had donuts in their doors from contact on test day. People are taking this seriously!!!

Gaines and Buras didnt show but should be there for qualifying in the morning.

Great fun tomorrow for sure! Will keep you posted.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Chris Fulton

Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Provisional results
1.Bolanos 1.23.090
2.Munson 1.23.399
3.Fowler 1.23.660
4.Adamczyk 1.23.674
5. Bize 1.23.757

Don't know if anyone will beat this in the heat this afternoon?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Bize     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

the next five or six guys are within a second of 2nd place as well.

--------------------
BSI RACING

CAVINYC.COM

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like turn 1 in the race was a mess! Anyone have a race report?
Results http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1344177

Congrats Alex Bolanos, Dennis Bize, and Alex Gaines!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Some clean and not so clean racing today.

Danny got knocked out in turn 1 on the start. Hope the points are in his favor anyway.

Adamczyk also ended up in the woods in 9 about halfway through and the results showed Munson as a DNF as well. Don't know how that occurred, maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Gaines, Fowler and I were contesting for 2nd and lap traffic knocked Tom out of the chase.

Congrats to Bolanos

Someone help me out here. I'm no Martin Brundle.

--------------------
BSI RACING

CAVINYC.COM

Chris Fulton

Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't know Martin Brundle, but Dennis your one fast driver. I am sure you will catch a win in one of these races very soon!

I saw George in the straight before 9 turned perpendicular to the traffic with his bumper off...

George called me when he was leaving the track. On the start he got hit from behind which pushed him into Tom. On lap 7 he spun and ended up stopped in the middle of the track and John apparently hit him and tore off his rear bumper. He pulled off the track and with 2 laps to go made the decision to load the car and get on the road.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think that leaves Steyn winning the Championship. Congratulations on great year! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Steyn for taking the championship, unfortunate what happened on that first turn though =( Great job by the Gaines/Fowler/Bize train, every time I had a bobble you guys would close the gap.

Thanks to my AT boys Jamie and Cliff for helping me run the weekend, looking forward to next weekend at Sebring Short!

Congrats Danny! Nice job all season. [Smile]

--------------------
Paul McLester

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: