Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » So, what tires to buy for CFR?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: So, what tires to buy for CFR?
racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I plan on doing the National event at Sebring in Jan., just so I can say I've done one National in my life. But I definitely need new tires, and will need them to run the Turkey Trot in a couple of weeks. Last I heard was the R888's were still going to be used for Regionals in CFR until June 1st. Right now, my best option is looking like I should just buy some RA-1's, and drop the points. Has anybody heard anything new?

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CFR regionals are open tire. CFR follows the GCR rule 9.1.8.6.c.2 which allows any DOT tire for regional races. So for the Turkey Trot you can use R-888, RA-1, or any other tire you like. The only time this is different is for a SARRC race or National race where the tire is the current National tire.

If you plan on running the Nationals in January you can run either the R-888 or the RA-1. The SARRC race in February at Sebring will be run on RA-1's (it will be specified in the supps).

So if you are buying tires for the Turkey Trot and the National....the course record is on R-888's....if you want tires to last thru the SARRC in February...you might want to buy RA-1's.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That all sounds good to me!!!!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Swede

Region: 83
Car #: 73
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Swede     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Toyo is offering a $ 150.00 rebate on R-888 until jan 1st. (per set of 4).

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Since all of you guys are usually in front of me I would suggest you buy and run these....
http://thegentlepath.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1005_final.jpg
[rolling on floor laughin] [laughing]

--------------------
Paul McLester

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: