Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Would you attend? (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Would you attend?
Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

and I thought barbaric was your last name.... [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Paul McLester

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric & all,

I will try to post all who are going to be involved but I think it is going to one of those star "studded" affairs.

With Tom Fowler, Bobby T, Von C, Cheatin' Chip, Jeffy Boy, Drifter Man & now Pepe Pombo attending, we have the best of the best.

Only those who want the extra entertainment of the banquet have to register for everything. If you are just attending the seminar, just register the meeting.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I sent in my registration. At worst, should be entertaining. [Smile]

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do not miss out, it all happens this weekend. Thornton has extra mason jars, Cliffy has new chains, Creighton will do tech at the door,Van Vurst has his hair just right, Von C will blow up his SRF in the parking lot and more.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

mat pombo Verified Driver

Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When did Dad sign up? He's supposed to check with us before he goes down and gives up all our secrets [Big Grin] It's a fun weekend and this will be a great event. Wish I could make it.

Mat

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can't wait to get there. Bobby T. I am looking forward to meeting you finally.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm getting ready to leave for Jekyll Island. I hope everyone who is planning to attend preregistered. Otherwise, the registrar, Joyce Hayward from CFR will skin me alive for making her do extra work. Registration information is on the SARRC website at http://www.sedivracing.org. You can email the form to Joyce and pay when you get there. That will help speed up sign in since she can have your name badge ready in advance.

I wish I didn't have to be in other meetings during the day. It would lots of fun and an education especially from the tech standpoint to listen to all. Heck, I may see if I can get the hotel to bug the room.

Several have emailed me about the dress code for the banquet. Basically, it is as you feel comfortable. Most men will have on coat & tie and the ladies vary from semi formal to casual. I have also been asked to come up with some new jokes. Bring me you best SM joke and I'll use the best ones at the banquet. The worst one would probably be better than my best joke!

Everyone have a save trip to Jekyll. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone ( yes, even Andrew!)

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

George Munson and I are getting in around 7pm on Friday. Anyone know any good BBQ joints in the area?

--------------------
Paul McLester

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guys
we need a BEEEG table for the SM guys at the awards dinner - fun times for sure!!!!!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny... not sure all you guys should sit together. For everyone elses safety (and sanity) it would probably be a good idea if the SM crowd was split into small manageable groups.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Jim Creighton

Here's what the locals say about BBQ.

http://www.southernsoulbbq.com/whowhat.html

Takes a side trip to St Simon but seems to be worth it from the reviews.

Also multitudes of fresh seafood in the area.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Someone just pointed out to me that our meeting has a starting time of 8am Sat morning. Jim easy on that crack pipe. Von C has not even left the bar by that hour. Lets say 9am and see how it goes. See everyone then.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Thanks to Jim Creighton, Tom Fowler, Bob Thornton, and Pepe Pombo for donating their time and for a very informative SM meeting! [thumbsup]

Congrats to Danny and Von C. for winning their SARRC Championships!

Nice to meet everyone and great information on setup, tires, engine rules, etc.

--------------------
Paul McLester

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ditto what Paul said.

Thanks to Jim for adding the very informative SM seminar to the annual meeting.

The panel of Tom, Bob, and Pepe provided a lot of great tips and ideas for upping our game going forward.

Bob brought an example of a cylinder head with all of the flaws in manufacturing and showed how the new rules will help in that area.

It was great meeting everyone who attended. Some of which traveled along way for this. It was great to see some of the new faces trying to learn more before entering our class. Danny Steyn stayed after the session and walked some of the guys through Traqmate, what a class act.

I really walked away with a much better understanding of how hard it is to make everybody happy in our class and how hard the SMAC and the CRB work behind the scenes. It truly amazed me how much passion all of these people have for our sport.

Thanks to all for their time and effort,

George Munson

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Concur...very useful, excellent discussions. Thanks to all. Good to see everyone. I would attend...next year too... [thumbsup]

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ditto - thanks to all for the time and expertise. I think the willingness to share is a defining characteristic of our class.

Unfortunately I had to bow out before I could ask about letting the 1.6 cars update to 1.8l drivetrains over the next X years to resolve parity. Ah well, next year. [Smile]

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was an honor to be a part of the seminar, hope I was of help.
Glad to see old friends and meet new ones. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Everyone!

My dad and I had a great time on Jekyll Island with all of you.

Actually, we're still here!

Wow. Very worthwhile, even with the flight from KC and three-night hotel stay!

Lots of great info provided.

In person, you can definitely tell that the sky is not falling, which it can seem like, sometimes, on this board.

SM is a great community!

Special thanks to Fowler, Thorton, and the very distinquished Mr. Pombo.

Very special thanks to Danny Steyn for the Traqmate primer. Looking forward to getting my system installed.

Eric Strautman

Enjoyed meeting you and your Dad! Good luck with this coming season and shout if you need anything!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Nsparks Verified Driver

Region: Gulf Coast
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nsparks     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a great time at the Seminar. Thanks everyone for making this happen. Also, thanks to Bob Thornton, Tom Fowler, Jim Creighton, and Pepe Pombo for volunteering your time to come educate us.
Hopefully I will see some of you at the track this year.

Nathanial Sparks

--------------------
2009 TMC East coast Champion.
Spec Miata-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA_Dt-omsbc

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I too learned a lot from this event, especially from Bob in engine prep.

But the best part was meeting you all....and it was a pleasure showing you Traqmate. When you see the OPM tralier at an event, bring over your data and we can do a quick comparison and see where you are leaving time on the track (or show me where you are killing me!)

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
(or show me where you are killing me!)

I assure you that is not possible in the rain, wild man. Lol

Sounds like a good session that I'd like to attend in the future. Was there any Mr T starter kits avaliable?

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: