Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Sebring Dyno

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sebring Dyno
Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am bringing my dyno to the Sebring Nationals in January in an effort to gain data on the parity of spec miata engines and competitors. We will not be posting who had what power just what year and if it was a promotor or not. We also will not be recording AFR unless the owner wants it. I have been asked to do this by several drivers; which seemed like a good idea to me. We have all remarked about how strong someones motor is; now we can find out if its HPs or driving. I am not tech and am only trying to make sure that the Spec Miata community has a understanding of what each of us is up against. So far we have 10 Miatas that have agreed. I would like to have the whole field come and dyno but I am sure there will be people that will not want too. As far as cost goes we are just looking at a small donation to cover the cost of getting the dyno there and running it ($15 to $20 per car). If you would like to use it to tune your car that is fine as well! If you have any interest please let me know.
Thanks,
Jamie

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be there! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Paul McLester

SAE113 Verified Driver

Car #: 01 & 99
Year : '92 & '94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SAE113     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Jamie any chance you can dyno my ITA Protege? It has a Miata engine in it [Wink]

--------------------
Steven Elicati
'92 Protege ITA#01
'94 Miata ITA#99

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sure! Anybody that needs a few pulls is welcome to join the fun!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

SAE113 Verified Driver

Car #: 01 & 99
Year : '92 & '94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SAE113     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
Sure! Anybody that needs a few pulls is welcome to join the fun!

cool thanks

--------------------
Steven Elicati
'92 Protege ITA#01
'94 Miata ITA#99

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be in line with 2 cars @ Sebring, they'll both be about 109 of course. Do I get any bonus points for my amazing and likeable charisma??

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I know Alex B will be on the dyno, ---- he don't get any bonus points though.. [Razz]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

Cliff my dyno can only hold 2000 HP so please leave your 1.6 at home. Alex having a 4:10 is not going to cause you to show more power than you actually have so I don't want to hear that excuse either.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

With Cliff's new ECU you will only be able to see 109hp on the dyno....128hp in videos! [flamed]

--------------------
Paul McLester

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

See if the compliance team will include dyno runs for the podium finishers as part of their checks.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is the dyno a GCR legal tech/test?

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No, it's not but it could be used like NASA does which is to find a car that sticks out. Then more invasive checks could be done...

Jason

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Then you just need to find that 5 hp switch

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Holland:
No, it's not but it could be used like NASA does which is to find a car that sticks out. Then more invasive checks could be done...

Jason

If you can convince the owner to put the car on the dyno, because its all voluntary right? [Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Holland:

Jason

If you can convince the owner to put the car on the dyno, because its all voluntary right? [Wink]
Yes I believe you are correct. I don't think the club has a provisions if they would grenade a competitors motor. All teardowns are performed by the owner/team so any errors in assembly or operation of parts won't be a result of an SCCA inspection.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA