Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Sebring SMACK (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Sebring SMACK
ROBERT NETTLES-72

Region: cfr
Car #: 72
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ROBERT NETTLES-72   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I dont think I need to explain myself anymore; I went out of my way to appologize for something that I didnt think was even my fault. Im sorry that cars were damaged but after looking at this video, and if anyone can honestly say that it was a result of my aggressive driving nature then I will gladly stick my head in the dirt and take my hits. But the truth is I lost a national podium because no one took the time to hear what I had to say at the track or look over my video.
Seabring Crash..

--------------------
www.racecoveralls.com

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Robert
I am going to take the hit here. You are right, there is nothing else you need to explain. You were full throttle jumping the start. [shame] You are not supposed accelerate before the green waived? You disregard to the rules almost put one car in the wall and broke the diff housing on the other ruining his race. Just think what would have happened if cliff bounced off the wall? How many more cars were of been tore up? Maybe Cliff gets hurt or killed by your actions? You want that on your conscience?
Surely it was not intentional, I know that,but when the same things keep happening with the same people, The apologies start to become less sincere and certainly mean less.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

ROBERT NETTLES-72

Region: cfr
Car #: 72
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ROBERT NETTLES-72   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The only flaw is that I didn't jump the start! Cliff and I both got on the throttle at the exact same time; maybe were looking at different videos! I was less than a foot from Cliffs bumper before I hit him and that was after he had already hit Jaime; GREEN FLAG WAS OUT!

--------------------
www.racecoveralls.com

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Robert
You view of reality is 'skewed" and I realize that happens when emotions get involved etc. ... YOU were FULL throttle BEFORE the green. You can see flag stand through Cliffs window, no green. Take a look at the black car to the right behind Von Charb.. That is me, ON THE BRAKES checking up... I was not on the brakes when green was waiving, I promise. If you want to know the exact moment the green was waived, watch my brake lights. You were full throttle while I was on brakes... NO GREEN. I had a much better view of flag stand than you did. Looking at the video you were full throttle at the 5 second mark in the video, right as it turned to 6 second mark, the green flew at 8 or 8.5 mark, so best guess 2.5 seconds before green flew you were full throttle. I am not involved in that mess at all and remember the start like it was yesterday, oh wait, it was yesterday. [Big Grin] Lets see what others think, but it seems very clear to me and not sure how you felt the video would help your case?
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Robert, thankfully me or no one else was hurt. It could of been really bad. [fight]
Take my compliment of a great race you ran (green flag to checkered). [thumbsup]
The rest is just starting a fire with alot of drivers ready to add fuel. [flamed]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Robert, I thought that after you had a little time to think about what happened you would have realized that it was very much your fault; just as it was when you hit the SSB car last week at Homestead. If you would like for me to post the video of that contact let me know. You do remember that you had to replace your hood and bumper during the week dont you? The fact is you have a history of jumping starts and this time you ruined the races of others. What concerns me is you do not think it's your fault. I don't know if your dad is trying to anticipate the start or what but the green was not out when I got hit. Also if you look at your video you will see that Cliff was on the brakes and your impact is what drove him into me and then you just kept going trying to gain spots. This was not a racing deal this was just stupidity! You and you alone are responsible for what happened yesterday 100%. As far as the penalty goes I think it was very fair. It would have been worse if we did not withdraw our protest; which we did to help you out but I see now that was a mistake. I think you had a chance to get this behind you but your bizarre post defending your actions will make it very though for a few of us to forget.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Cliffy Chains

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not to change the subject but I, like a fat stealth ninja, snuck into the OPM trailer and grabbed a pic, tell me what ya think.

- [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, that is a realistic picture Cliff... all the way down to the amount of hair on their heads!

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Terry Clements Verified Driver

Region: texas
Car #: 10
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Clements     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to all in the CFR for the hospitality. A bunch of really fast guys. Special thanks to Tom and the OPM gang, Chip Van Hurst, Rossini Performance, and many others for making a tough weekend fun. I should have stayed to pick oranges to help pay for all the crap that my kid broke this last weekend [help]

Terry Clements

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Terry, you may need to garnish some of those wages. That way M Chemical could just send it north rather than across two or three oceans!
Sounds fair to you doesn't it ... Light Heavy?
Is that silence I don't hear? [duck]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Terry Clements Verified Driver

Region: texas
Car #: 10
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Clements     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mac
Blake is on his way to Singapore. He had a five hour delay in Houston because of mechanical problems. That kid breaks everything he rides in
[rolling on floor laughin]

Terry Clements

Cliffy Chains

quote:
Originally posted by Terry Clements:
Mac
Blake is on his way to Singapore. He had a five hour delay in Houston because of mechanical problems. That kid breaks everything he rides in

Terry Clements

Now thats funny, A motor, a tranny, a bumper, and a PLANE ... [fight]
What a vacation..

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am passing on the apology and thank you from Ray Huffmaster (Red STU RX8). On Saturdays race in the rain he underestimated the grip of his RX8 going into turn 1 on the start. That misjudgment caused him to spin in front of the entire SM field. He is very thankful that no one tagged him.

Ray is a great guy and rarely make such a mistake. He was very happy with the level of talent in SM to avoid a spinning car across the track. Great job guys.

Oh, I almost split a gut when I seen Jim stuffed in that car. He had to bend his head over just to see out the windshield. I have to give the man credit for doing as well as he did in a car he flat out did not fit in.

Back in Michigan now. Same weather up here as when we left Sebring. Letís hope next year will be a bit warmer for us northerners looking to escape the cold for a week. I guess we are going to be paying more for orange juice in the near future.

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Ralph

let Ray know that we had a great view of his unceremonious exit as we breathed and waited to see which way he would go. I posted video of it here at

Sebring National Race 1 - First Lap Fun * New file*

[ 01-12-2010, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Danny Steyn ]

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Hi Ralph
let Ray know that we had a great view of his unceremonious exit as we breathed and waited to see which way he would go. I posted video of it here at

Sebring Spec Miata National - Rain Race Start

Fixed the link: http://www.dannysteyn.com/motor-racing/video/sebrin...al-2010-race-1-rain-1.wmv

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Colin

thanks - actual file was corrunpted - new file uploading

Sebring National Race 1 - First Lap Fun

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cool power slides as always Danny! [Smile]

Am I the only one who thinks it would be nice if the track operators roughed up that start-finish line paint a little bit? Straight-line wheelspin in a Miata at 90mph is a little silly. [Smile]

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark McCallister:
Cool power slides as always Danny! [Smile]

Am I the only one who thinks it would be nice if the track operators roughed up that start-finish line paint a little bit? Straight-line wheelspin in a Miata at 90mph is a little silly. [Smile]

A lot of cars have found the wall after hitting that paint in the rain.

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

After a good nights rest after a 30 hour travel fiasco, I may be a little long winded here.

I met many of the Florida group at the ARRC and as I've heard before "they play for keeps". You will be hard pressed to find a better group of SM racers in the country to duke it out with (as apparent by how strong the SEDiv is at the Runoffs.)

My weekends didn't go as well as I would have hoped, but I got my 4 finishes to be able to qualify for the 2010 Runoffs! If it weren't for a little brain lapse and some Mechanical problems, I'd probably be singing a different tune about now. I'll just have to come back and try again. [Smile]

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, I really enjoyed racing at both Homestead and Sebring. To set the fastest official lap in an SCCA session at Sebring is pretty cool, just wish my trans would have held up to go for that TR during the race.

Thanks to Tom and Tim with OPM for keeping me on the road and getting the car dialed in. A very big thanks to Chip and Mike Rossini for selling me an engine at the track to replace my 109K mile bottom end that left the building. Jim Drago at East Street for the good car and all the help over the weekends. And finally, thanks to my Dad for putting up with me.

Until next time,

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
I got my 4 finishes to be able to qualify for the 2009 Runoffs!

Blake
Not sure how all that time zone stuff works, but good luck at the 2009 Runoffs. If you manage to get back there do me a favor.. Push me around Pombo at the start so I don't lose Gorrians draft. He was too much for us, so if your there with 3 to go, we'll get out of the way and let you chase him down [flamed] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Enjoyed seeing you as always, truly the only reason I went was to see you and TFC

Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

He is Old School..... Maybe we should call him Re-run. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Blake
thanks for the good times at both Sebring and Homestead.

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In before the edit... nice job Drago! This group doesn't miss nuthin.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And I'm holding many of you to your promise that you may come to the TWS Double National.

They won't know what to do with a Cliffy Chains and a Midget Tucker.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Blake thanks for my new Hooters Singapore decal! It does not get any better than that. Do they have a mechanical bull I can ride out there in Texas? Or at least a little midget tossing!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Cliffy Chains

I think your ride would look cool with a new chain or 2...I'm in for the midget tossing...

I'll bring the bling bling "down on power" 1.6L to the lone star, along with a carton of Marlboro lites for our favorite Texan.....

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
Blake thanks for my new Hooters Singapore decal! It does not get any better than that. Do they have a mechanical bull I can ride out there in Texas? Or at least a little midget tossing!

That decal is saweet! I'm still waiting for my "What can I get for five dolla?" decal though...

ARRC 2010 Champ

Blake can find you girls that love you longtime! Or as Andrew said, "do they take money orders"? [Smile]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Blake, make sure you take them to the Chicken! And then take them through Bryan at night, you know, just to scare them a little.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by ROBERT NETTLES-72:

Seabring Crash..

Robert you wuss. Put that back up and take your lumps.

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This was a dead issue till now.....

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: