Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » 2009 CCPS SM Champion- Steve Bertok

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 2009 CCPS SM Champion- Steve Bertok
E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations go out to Steve Bertok and his Panic Motorsports team. This is their second CCPS SM championship! [thumbsup]

This year's SM battle went all the way down to the last race. The top three SM points competitors all had a good shot at the championship going into the last race, and it was anybody's guess who would get to wear the crown. After the smoke cleared, Steve Bertok (Panic Motorsports) was crowned the champion, newcomer Ben Hinson (Ben Hinson) is second in points, and Ess White (E-4 Racing) is third.

Close behind in forth was Andrew Anderson (Andrew Anderson Racing) and fifth was Steve Fricker (St Andrews Express Body Shop)

Congratulations to all of the CCPS participants. This was a great CCPS year.

Checkout all the results at http://www.carolinacupproseries.com

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

E-4 Verified Driver

Region: CCR and NCR
Car #: 00
Year : early 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

well its about time we figured it out!

Nice job steve, hopefully we can have another run at it this year. but you guys really earned it this year, you work hard week in and week out and thats what shows at the track. [Wink]

also its always nice runnin with tha neighbor Ben hinson they really showed up strong this year!

Great Job to all the CCPS competitors, i love drivin with you guys, hope to see you all back this year!

PS. special thanks to E-SPEED for all the work it takes to put on tha show! [rockband]

--------------------
first or last baby. thats the way we do it!

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Terry Whitlock Verified Driver

Region: BUCCANEER
Car #: 23 SSM, 36 SM
Year : 1992, 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Whitlock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve,
Congratulations on a second consecutive championship. Great to see the results finally come out as official. You make all of us associated with Panic Motorsports proud. I think I see a 3-Peat in your future [Smash]

--------------------
Terry Whitlock

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats, Steve! Gotta love those nailbiters, eh?

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Marlboro Mafia Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Marlboro Mafia     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations Steve!

andrew_anderson
National Member

Region: SC region and buccaneer
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for andrew_anderson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Steve! and everyone else! Look at all that RE power!

What a relief to finally see the results [Smile] Thanks to everyone for being such great sports this season.

Way to go guys.

--------------------
Dish NetworkNew Dish Network customers receive a $40 rebate if you are an SCCA member!
Race Engineering. Championship winning engines.
Carbotech Brakes
Panic Motorsports
Low Country Communications
2343 Main HWY
Bamberg, SC 29003

panic motorsports Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SCR
Car #: 90
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for panic motorsports   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, according to the header, you guys have all conceeded the 2010 championship already [Wink] How about if I accept the 2009 and we race for 2010?

I think Andrew Anderson said it best, thanks to everyone for being great sports. I extended good karma at the beginning of the season (you know who you are) and apparently it came back. Not exactly the way I want to win it, but that's the way it all shook out. First and foremost, thanks to Estus for putting on a great series. Even with a double whammy of weird situations this season, he's still the man. Second, to all the competitors. I have no problems racing the lot of ya door to door, and after the body shop record bill last season, NO DAMAGE this year was great to see. I gotta shout out to Bob Thornton for the RE power. With big things on the horizon next (this?) year, as tight as the competition was, we're going to need it [Wink] Danny at Carbotech for whoa-ing that power down, Ron/Glen at Traqmate for pointing out all the mistakes we make, Steve at St. Andrews for a really awesome look. Ben and Ess kept me honest, Fusner, Fricker and Jose Bonet too. Hats off to Becca, Johnathan and Carlos for the crew work that makes it all possible. To everybody that supports Panic Motorsports by using our parts, you share this too!

Big thanks to everyone, see you all very soon!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok
#90 SM 2008/2009 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM champions.
2010 VIR 13 hour enduro victorious! www.panicmotorsports.com
Need a salvage Miata part? We've got that!

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I fixed it (the header)

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Steve, Ben, Ess, Andrew and Steve. Look forward to seeing you guys at the tracks this year.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

oem steve

Region: South East
Car #: #92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for oem steve     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Steve, I'm looking forward to racing with you guys next year. And Guys you need to buy Steves parts they support not only his racing but extra parts brought to the races for those of us that may need them. It sure was an exciting finish for the end of the season, and a special thanks to Es and all those who helped to put this wonderful series on. And Steve You need to get a little more aggresive because as you know your crashes support my racing [Big Grin]

--------------------
email: standrewsexpress@bellsouth.net
visit us at http://www.standrewsexpress.com

Under powered and under driven

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

way to go steve! Nice Job. It must have been the new paint job.

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Jason Owenby Verified Driver

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 35
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Owenby   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good job Steve. Thanks for your support.

--------------------
http://www.jomotorsports.com
http://www.raceengineering.org

Jose Bonet Verified Driver

Region: CCR - 61
Car #: 79
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jose Bonet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome win Steve!!
See you guys at CMP in February.

--------------------
Jose Bonet

Jose Bonet Verified Driver

Region: CCR - 61
Car #: 79
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jose Bonet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome win Steve!!
See you guys at CMP in February.

--------------------
Jose Bonet

TURNINGLT4SPONSOR

Icon 1 posted  Profile for TURNINGLT4SPONSOR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Steve. Thanks for all your support of the class and to George in his first year. Its great to see a group of competitors work together off the track and then race so hard on the track. It reminds me of the "old" days in NASCAR.

Dennis Bize Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 47
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Bize     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

congrats man

--------------------
BSI RACING

CAVINYC.COM

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats, Steve 2 in a row. Ben had a great year as did Andrew. thanks guys for choosing Race Engineering power. E4 had a great year as well and next year will be even better.

Steve, You get the prize for the best looking car.
Thanks to all of the Panic Motorsports crew.
See yal at the track.

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Icon 1 posted  Profile for panic motorsports   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by TURNINGLT4SPONSOR:
Congrats Steve. Thanks for all your support of the class and to George in his first year. Its great to see a group of competitors work together off the track and then race so hard on the track. It reminds me of the "old" days in NASCAR.

That's the way it's always been for me at the track individually and as a class. I feel certain it'll stay that way. Good racing karma can go a long way!

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok

thanks for all the kind words guys! Can't wait to get back at it soon, cabin fever driving us crazy. Of course, the car is in pieces right now, I've got plenty to do [Wink]

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: