Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » 1st Time Winner George Fusner at CMP!!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 1st Time Winner George Fusner at CMP!!
Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok, so we've all vented about the unfortunate incident from Saturday's CMP race. More importantly, everyone's man-hugged and made up.

That being said, it's time to throw a little recognition to George Fusner for winning his first ever race at CMP last Sunday. And having to go toe to toe with Alex Gaines, means it was no "gimme". Congrats George on a hard fought and well earned victory! It was only a matter of time. [thumbsup]

Oh yeah... and congrats to Gaines to for whoopin' up on everyone on Saturday, but quite frankly, you winning everything was just getting old [duck]

Good times boys... I can't wait to take a swing at both of you once I get my new ride on track!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Alex for Saturday's win and George for Sunday's win.

You guys are awesome!!!

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree with Dan congrats to the winners. Even with all the crap there was some good racing. Alex really stunk it up Sat in that old OPM 1.6 and George won a really close great race on Sun. Congrats George and Alex 2 really great people in SM. PS Dan are you starting to look like the dude in your avitar ? [duck]

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to George and family. I had an awesome time hanging out with you guys this weekend.

It was really fun watching George and Alex Gaines trade the lead, lap after lap on Sunday. That's what makes Spec Miata racing so fun. It was also cool to see two 1.6's dominate. For those of you who were not there, these two guys traded the lead at least five or six times and never touched. It was awesome to watch.

Congratulations to Alex Gaines for his Saturday win. That's two in a row man! It is going to be a fun season.

You guys better watch out because the "O Show" will be back at Savannah. That is going to be fun to watch. The only thing we have to figure out is if he is going to run his 1.6 or his 99? Maybe I will do a little spying. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Gary Giles Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary Giles     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Alex and George on their wins this weekend. Alex drove away on Saturday.

George, nice job on your first win. Your family was wearing some pretty big smiles in impound. [thumbsup]

Thanks to OPM for the great service this weekend and RE for the strong motor. Apart for the mishap on Saturday, it was a fun weekend. Great to see everyone.

--------------------
“Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.” ~~ Mark Twain

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Car #: 77
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Had a great weekend and enjoyed seeing everyone. Congrats to George on his first win! It was a fun time. You can't make mistakes in these cars and he was there to capitalize on mine. RE power was good all weekend and I have to thank Bob for all his help. See you guys at Savannah

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
...PS Dan are you starting to look like the dude in your avitar ? [duck]

So you're saying I look like a New Yorker who beats up prostitutes? Yeah... I get that all the time. Eh Yo.... Ya's gonna love my nuts! [fight]

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

oem steve

Region: South East
Car #: #92
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for oem steve     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulatios George, I hope to get me one some day, I will say I raced against George at CMP last year and me and him had a great battle but he raced me very clean, Way to go man.

--------------------
email: standrewsexpress@bellsouth.net
visit us at http://www.standrewsexpress.com

Under powered and under driven

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tiley a New Yorker! [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

410Lite

Region: Southeast
Car #: 6 and 06
Year : 1991 and 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 410Lite     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just want to say thank you to everybody for their support in this year it's taken me to win my first one. I couldn't have done it without the awesome Race Engineering power, thank you Bob. I want thank Carbotech for the awesome brakes that staid consistent all the way to the end. Alex and I had a great race. That was the most fun in a race that I've had yet. Trading the lead back and forth with clean racing is best. Thanks Alex for racing me clean and hard. I am looking forward to getting back on track in Savannah, 1.6's love that track!

--------------------
George Fusner SM#6 and 06
Sponsors:
Race Engineering
Thanks Bob for all your help and wisdom.
Carbotech
Ray Helms Body Shop
Thanks for all the help, I couldn't do it without all of you guys.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: