Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Homestead

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Homestead
Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I heard from some of the guys down in south Florida, It seems that only 19 cars are racing this weekend??? [duck] Been a great race to pick up some points for those of you from Florida.

Qualifying

Buras
Vanhurst
Harding
Sandlin
Not sure after that, Good luck to all
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Carlos G. Verified Driver

Region: Florida
Car #: 81
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Carlos G.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Drago:
I heard from some of the guys down in south Florida, It seems that only 19 cars are racing this weekend??? [duck] Been a great race to pick up some points for those of you from Florida.

Qualifying

Buras
Vanhurst
Harding
Sandlin
Not sure after that, Good luck to all
Jim

RESULTS :
Same as above except Andrew A/C D/C Charboneu came in 4th with Pat Sandlin 5th.
Everyone raced squeaky clean...not one bumpdraft!
and they were using the Grand Am course (Nascar 3&4) instead of turning into the infield off the back straight.
Congrats to all the above for driving your [butthead] 's off and putting on a great show for those of us watching...looked like fun.

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Carlos
When are you coming back to join us?

Congrats to all, wish I could have made it, but it was just to long to stay in Florida, afraid I might not want to come back!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Krys Dean

Region: Florida
Car #: 44
Year : 2000
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Krys Dean   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It looks like the weekend at Homestead went better than the previous weekend at Sebring. Congratulations and a well done to those of you that raced at Homestead, I wasn't able to attend, but all reports were that you guys perofrmed as the professionals we all know you are.

Krys Dean, Div Chief Steward, SEDIV

--------------------
Krys Dean

pdmracing Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: atlanta
Car #: 58
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pdmracing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

19 cars pretty weak, what up with that?

How about some complete results from both races?

--------------------
http://www.loansquick.com

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Actually 22 cars started the race for Spec Miata. There were 40 at Sebring. We had expected 28 -30 but some withdrew or didn't show for various reasons. The facility is first class and SCCA club racers were able to use the Grand-Am, Rolex course (NASCAR 3-4)as well as the infield road course for the first time. Those that I spoke with really enjoyed it. The racing was close, clean and exciting to watch. The Spec Miata community can be proud of the show put on by the 22 drivers who took the green flag. The results for Homestead were:
Todd Buras
Chip van Vurst
Rewey Harding
Andrew Charbonneau
Pat Sandlin
Bob Bramlage
Robt. Hill
Gary Jensen
Van Sayler
Carlos Garcia
Neal Norton
Ron Branom
Glenn Vitale
Evan Darling
Robt. Davis
Paul Hensel
Miguel De Lascasas
Ron Valli
Errol Tucker
Jerry Neely
Mary Katherine
Selin Rollan
Todd Buras's had the fastest time 1:40.334 This will be a new track record since this was a new track configuration. I hope you all enjoyed the weekend.

Capt. John

pdmracing Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: atlanta
Car #: 58
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pdmracing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Capn,

Question, why the chan of course? will we be able to use the grand am course during the 12 hr? If we beg???

--------------------
http://www.loansquick.com

Toni Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Toni Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great Race!! Keep it up!.

Maintain the speed of the pace car – perfect!
Don’t hit – almost perfect. Had two cars come together approaching start/finish. There were as many witnesses that said “This one moved right” as there were “That one moved left”. Result was a spectacular spin but no one hit either wall.
Pass under yellow – no penalties. Homestead has gravel traps and the Speedway personnel want us to move vehicles when caught. Even though car is off track surface, Speedway wants cars in the traps covered with waiving yellow while they are caught or being moved. A car landed in the turn 1 trap just off the track surface. One went waiving yellow. Speedway requested a backup standing yellow at Start. One car began a pass, out of a draft, before the standing yellow at start was displayed but it was not completed. The passing car chose to back off and fall in line behind the other car instead of completing the pass under the standing yellow. Track level personnel saw the change in position as the lead car passing the car that had begun the pass and called in a PUY. The stewards, control, and the Speedway folks all saw the passing car make a very wise decision to fall in line and be single file passed the waiving yellow and the gravel trapped car. Great move. Good thinking.

Great Race!!

VIN numbers were checked this week. We had one car that took a very long time to find a second VIN number. Make sure you have two and that they are of the same year. And the information you use on your entry form and your tech card is supposed to correspond to the VIN on the car and in the logbook. Fill in the blanks correctly, please.

See ya’ next time at Kershaw.

Great race!

Toni Creighton

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hmmm

where's the second Vin number?

Thanks!

Jason

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

dewey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: 083 Central Florida Region
Car #: 74
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dewey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

VIN should match the one right behind your coil pack.
The track was great and the Florida region put on a great race weekend.(Thanks to all).
I don't think the grand am course would be a good choice for the 12 hour the speed difference would be huge between classes.Overall the race was really clean,but more of a race of postion.If we were allowed to bump draft Todd and I would have had a two car race after lap two when Chip Van Vurst got alittle loose in the corkscrew.We had gotten away by 8 car lenghts but Todd got alittle loose coming out on the back straight and in the old world would have gotten alittle help to get going again and get away.

Dewey Harding
See you at Kershaw

--------------------
deweyrx7@aol.com

THE von CHARBONIZER

Region: 11&83
Car #: 67,07,102
Icon 1 posted  Profile for THE von CHARBONIZER   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[yep] [yep] [yep] [yep] [yep]
[rockband] I feel good carlos it was nice to see you congrats to Todd dewey and chip [thumbsup] .
ps never leave the draft slower traffic blues [rockband]

--------------------
see you on the track and the bar
Andrew Charbonneau
https://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/photos/1534662.jpg

tburas Verified Driver Series Champ
SM

Region: 003
Car #: 56
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tburas   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FL. Region thanks for a great weekend and letting us use the Gran Am course. That was a lot of fun. Sorry you missed it Drago. [banghead] 122 in a miata behind chip and Dewey is a lot of fun.

Great Run Pat, Chip, Dewey, and Andrew. Accually the last two weekends are the cleanest SM has run. 1 incident to speak of with little to no damage.

Van congrats in GT-2 and SM [yep] 6 hour of Sebring is upon us... [yep] I'll bring the Pia's.

--------------------
[URL=http://www.toddburas.com]
//East Street Auto//Traqmate//SafeRacer//

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dewey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

After hearing about the bumper car race they had in Phoenix.I'm glad we are doing it the way we are doing it. Two very close races with out one mark on the car if they continue the NO contact rule we will be one up on the other divisions because of knowing how to race without bump drafting.

Dewey Harding

--------------------
deweyrx7@aol.com

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What was post race tech like? Was it the usual weight check and then wave your hand over the car to feel for anything illegal without actually touching? My luck they will tear everything apart at my first national. In all seriousness, what was post tech inspection? It sounds like the bump drafting/contact issue is in check. Strong work SEDIV!

Mat

Matt
Cars were weighted then the stand around for thirty minutes as some very minor contact issues were cleared.All I can say its nice to was the car without snagging the towel on ripped sheet metal.Which races are you going to attend?

Dewey Harding

--------------------
deweyrx7@aol.com

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We will be at the one's up north as usual. Fla. is just too much of a tow for a trophy. Trying to get ready for Kershaw, if not we will definitely be at Savannah and RA. Hope you florida boys will be coming north as I always enjoy racing with all of you. See you soon.

Mat

Kershaw is a good maybe and RR and RATL are for sure.Look forward to racing with you soon.

Dewey Harding

--------------------
deweyrx7@aol.com

MegaModerator

Looks like the first Road Atlanta Race for me, That's my last SE div race though of the year!! [Big Grin] You guys are too hard to steal points from! the flip side is the racing is as tough as it gets down there, so I get better everytime I go.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Ron V Verified Driver

Region: Florida Region
Car #: 99
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron V     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow! Did anyone get any video of that yo-yo car 99's spin down the front stretch? I would like to see it. CW 270 followed by two CCW 360s. Cool!

Ron
Car 99 White

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: